Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

there was a "Legacy site" option in the top corner which I pressed and now it's back to normal... dunno how to go back to the new one even if I wanted to. I'd assume you all will go through this soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,266 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I'm on the new one. Will try it properly at home. But did notice there are no pinned topics

Ah I see the pinned topics now beside the page numbers

Boo to progress, tried and trusted for me. Plus the new one seemed to have far more advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Boards can really make some absolute **** changes to the site at the drop of a pin

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm on the good one at home still it seems. Will be changing back at work due to some of the ads that came up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Prince has died according to TMZ. Sky News reporting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I like plenty of prince's stuff he was quite innovative :(

Maybe it's always this bad but damn 2016 has been a terrible year so far for celeb deaths.

• Advertisement

Lemmy, Bowie, Rickman, Victoria Woods, Ronnie Corbett, Chyna, Prince

Death shtap it..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lots of rumours now that Prince has died too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,346 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe it's always this bad but damn 2016 has been a terrible name so far for celeb deaths.

And we not even half way through the year :(

RIP Prince

Crap. He's one of those guys who you knew more stuff of than you thought when you hear his songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Prince was one of the best. A hard working innovator and an ironman of an entertainer. They don't make them like him anymore. RIP

Prince was fantastic material for that Chappelle Show sketch and wasn't a dry****e about it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Were hitting the Twilight years of the first celebrity generation since the invention of mass media. This shouldn't be too surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's an interesting way of looking at it, D.Q. He was one of my favourites. I'll miss him. RIP.

Was fearing extra time & penalties in the Everton/Man United F.A Cup semi final, and up popped Anthony Martial at the death to slot home the winner after a lovely move :D

Football, bloody hell..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was fearing extra time & penalties in the Everton/Man United F.A Cup semi final, and up popped Anthony Martial at the death to slot home the winner after a lovely move :D

Football, bloody hell..

Crazy game we could have been out of sight then de gea stops the pen then the og I honestlt thought we were heading out. At least we have an fa cup final to look forward to in this clusterfu*k of a season.

• Advertisement

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Crazy game we could have been out of sight then de gea stops the pen then the og I honestlt thought we were heading out. At least we have an fa cup final to look forward to in this clusterfu*k of a season.

And the chance of winning the F.A Cup for the first time in 12 years, it'd be the only highlight of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd be worried that if United win the cup it will give Van Gaal another season to buy poorly and miss out on Champions League football again. I hope not.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And the chance of winning the F.A Cup for the first time in 12 years, it'd be the only highlight of the season.

The danger is win that, scrape fourth and Louis Van Long Ball stays :-/

I'd say Van Gaal, like Moyes before him has a clause in his contract to reach the Champions League, if that target can't be met, that's adios..

Kankan14 wrote: »
    The danger is win that, scrape fourth and Louis Van Long Ball stays :-/

I honestly can see United scraping 4th, too inconsistent all season... Be some fluke if they pull it of.

I'd be worried that if United win the cup it will give Van Gaal another season to buy poorly and miss out on Champions League football again. I hope not.

No imo fifth place and he gets the bullet afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think its possible they will keep LVG if they win the FA cup which would be absurd. No disrespect to anyone they have beaten so far or even Palace/Watford, but ultimately they will have beaten only 1 top ten side in the premier league to win it.

They shouldn't get top 4 though as Arsenal and City have an ok fixture list, that failure along with the abject performances in Europe should seal his faith.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Honestly, I'm finding it hard to get excited over the FA Cup for that very reason. Its awesome we reached there, but I am so desperate to see the back of him now, and Jose brought in, that it's dented my enjoyment of the whole "We're in the finals" thing...

Though, would add, I don't think he's bought "poorly". I'm happy with the players he's brought in. He's just not getting the best out of anyone, and won't either.

Van Gaal won't be there next year. End of. He's shown that he isn't capable of making United even challengers for the Premier League, at a time when Spurs and somehow Leicester have blown the rest to bits. This City side are in a Champions League semi-final and United get knocked out of the group stages.

Winning the FA Cup hasn't brought Arsenal on one single bit. This side is capable of much more. Imagine how great Martial will be under a proper manager who isn't content with 1-0's against Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Does anyone here listen to Mark Lanegan? I'm going to see him in The Academy on Tuesday night. He's an amazing songwriter, a former member of Screaming Trees and Queens Of The Stone Age. Chris Cornell is playing in The Olympia on Monday night as well and I have tickets for the 3rd row so once I finish work at 9 o'clock tomorrow it's my weekend.

Advertisement