Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Van Gaal won't be there next year. End of. He's shown that he isn't capable of making United even challengers for the Premier League, at a time when Spurs and somehow Leicester have blown the rest to bits. This City side are in a Champions League semi-final and United get knocked out of the group stages.

Winning the FA Cup hasn't brought Arsenal on one single bit. This side is capable of much more. Imagine how great Martial will be under a proper manager who isn't content with 1-0's against Villa.

God, I hope you're right. Given I watch football to let off steam and enjoy myself, it's incredible frustrating watching United play nowadays. I just have fears....he should have been sacked at Xmas when he went 10-ish games without a win, but survived. I'm 95% confident he will be gone, but I still am nervous.

Also nervous they'd replace him with Giggs.....I'm all aboard the Jose train right now and fear they'd muck it up (again!).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Leicester go one step closer to the Premier League title :D, over to Spurs now to see if they can keep the pressure on with a win tomorrow night against West Brom.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Leicester go one step closer to the Premier League title :D, over to Spurs now to see if they can keep the pressure on with a win tomorrow night against West Brom.

If Spurs drop points tomorrow, then Leicester can win it at OT next weekend :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If Spurs drop points tomorrow, then Leicester can win it at OT next weekend :(

It's a double edged sword, on the one hand I want Spurs to drop points tomorrow night, and Leicester to win at Old Trafford next Sunday, but also wanting United to win next Sunday to keep their slim hopes of 4th & CL football alive..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I wouldn't be surprised if some Utd fans actually want Leicester to win the title at OT because even if it costs them CL football it might also oust LVG (unofficially of course as he will be there for the FA cup final) who i'd assume has the Moyes CL clause.

That said maybe that only would have been the case if Arsenal hadn't of failed to beat Sunderland today and CL hadn't been such a possible prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Watching episodes 9 and 10 of game of thrones season 5 on prep for 2am for the new episode

Have to find another way to watch as I don't have sky Atlantic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I got to go to the Laochra celebration in Croke park last night and it was epic i hope if anyone saw it it looked as well on tv.

That said I had to sit through the football final. I couldn't believe the hill when Cluxton was giving his speech before he trophy they were booing mentions of opposition or the term Kerry. Is it always like that? really crappy thing to do. not an iota of graciousness in victory

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Can't say I'm surprised really. I'd imagine a fair few other counties would boo the Dubs given the chance in a similar scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

About to head to Dublin now but think I'm getting an allergic reaction. Here goes nothing lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Angron wrote: »
    Can't say I'm surprised really. I'd imagine a fair few other counties would boo the Dubs given the chance in a similar scenario.

I'd never boo if my teams winning captain was giving the nod ofnthe head to the other team. Like it wasn't a murmur you'd swear Cluxton had said that Dublin ware crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Does anyone here listen to Mark Lanegan? I'm going to see him in The Academy on Tuesday night. He's an amazing songwriter, a former member of Screaming Trees and Queens Of The Stone Age. Chris Cornell is playing in The Olympia on Monday night as well and I have tickets for the 3rd row so once I finish work at 9 o'clock tomorrow it's my weekend.

I'm not going (wish I was) but last time Lanegan played here I had tickets and couldn't go as I was ill, but word of advice, he went straight to the merch stand after the show, my brother managed to get him to write me a message on a book haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Yeah the last time I saw him in Galway he went to the merch table afterwards there as well. I've seen him 3 times already, twice in The Academy and in 2015 in Galway. A big fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Finally decided to learn how to drive so I ring insurance companies to gauge a price and the cheapest I got was 4500 I think I'll get a bike. knew it would be expensive but not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

sky88 wrote: »
    Finally decided to learn how to drive so I ring insurance companies to gauge a price and the cheapest I got was 4500 I think I'll get a bike. knew it would be expensive but not that much.

Thats ridiculous. Dublin city driving?

Im 550 per year on a 1.6 and that went up 50!
    Do have 7 years no claims though...

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Thats ridiculous. Dublin city driving?

Im 550 per year on a 1.6 and that went up 50!
    Do have 7 years no claims though...

you Could get a very good car for that. Yes I'm in Dublin but it's redicolous price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,339 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

What type of vehicle you getting a quote for, a tank :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What type of vehicle you getting a quote for, a tank :p

I wish it's a 206 ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Four and a half grand would get you a lot of taxis. Outrageous!!

Birds singing and its bright and sunny. sure sign I'm getting old that this makes me happy as I go to work :(

I was telling my nephew about that car insurance price and he told me he just paid 3.9k to be insured on a 1.0L fiesta! So not just dublin it seems. Hes only 18 tbf but I thought it was funny he paid 4500 all told for tax/ins etc on a car that he bought for 800 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Might never learn to drive tbh. Too much money.

• Advertisement

Wife gone to bed and Im off tomorrow.
    In my younger days this would have meant hit the pub.

Now its the rest of the snooker
    Then peaky blinders(Im holding you responsible if its rubbish liz:) )
    Then Raw.

That'll do me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Leicester City are the Premier League champions! Imagine the thought of that at the start of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Have known for weeks its been coming but seeing the big yellow bar with the words "BREAKING NEWS LEICESTER HAVE WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE" is absolutely surreal. Im chuffed for them

Leicester City are the Premier League champions! Imagine the thought of that at the start of the season!

Crazier than if someone told me last wrestlemania that zack ryder would win a title in this years one!

I'd say everyone bar Tottenham supporters, jumped for joy when Hazard fired in the 2nd :D

If you wrote it as a Dosney film, you would say it was cliched and unbelievable. Absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Proposal to change thread title to "Claudio Ranieiri - absolute legend"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

At the start of the season I thought just surviving would be a great season for them :pac:

sounds bizarre to even say Leicester are champions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im delighted for Ranieiri most of all. After the way Chelsea treated him and then the way Mourinho would talk about him was totally unfair. Also the media depiction of the Tinkerman was ridiculous. But now he has done something Mourinho, Guardiola or Klopp have never done won a League Title with a team that most thought was relegation fodder.

Advertisement