Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At Bryan Adams on my lonesome in the 3arena and a thought occurred to me if Ireland win the eurovision there is no way I can see the place being big enough to host it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Important game for Man United tonight against West Ham, they win that, they'll be 4th heading into the last game against Bournemouth on Sunday, lose or draw, and it's right back in Man City's hands.. I've a feeling United won't make it easy for themselves...
    It's a must win for us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,265 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't even realise Bryan Adams was playing tonight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I thought this guy from the greece eurovision entry was the a lookalike for damien sandow

newego_LARGE_t_641_106865688.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,339 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Kate Winslet and Nidge from Love/Hate in the band too :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Man United really are depressing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well fiddlesticks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Somebody hold me :(

Do we dare hope Swansea do United a favour on Sunday..

A draw does it for City. Can't see them slipping up again. :(

• Advertisement

Europa & 5th it is then :(, sooner Van Gaal is booted and José brought in, the bloody better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Meh, United would just find a way to lose to Bournemouth. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Does anyone remember when Manyoo qualified for the CL after Man City drew with Arsenal?

Which bandwagon ye gonna jump on next?

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've just been looking at league standings across Europe. French league looks bloody dismal, PSG almost 30 points clear.

Sure they won it late Feb with a 0-9 win to Troyes and went 24 points clear :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Had grown men sulk around the office in a way I haven't seen since Brendan Rodgers' final months. People need to cop on when it seeps into their real life, especially work.

Literally have seen players who lost All-Ireland finals in better form the morning after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Literally have seen players who lost All-Ireland finals in better form the morning after the match.

Ah sure Galway usually accept the defeat by half time so the next day is no big deal.
    Sad but true. :(

I love Sunderland. Every year, it looks like the end for them, and then they pull off a miraculous end to the season to stay up.

saw that Garth Brooks will play the Yankee Stadium in july on his world tour

hard to believe the hullaboo over his croke park shows is almost 2 years ago. The things he said were a joke thinking about it now

Part of me can see him coming back to say sorry and do a few shows in 2017/2018 in the Aviva or Croke Park but another part of me can see him being stubborn and wont come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    saw that Garth Brooks will play the Yankee Stadium in july on his world tour

hard to believe the hullaboo over his croke park shows is almost 2 years ago. The things he said were a joke thinking about it now

Part of me can see him coming back to say sorry and do a few shows in 2017/2018 in the Aviva or Croke Park but another part of me can see him being stubborn and wont come back

Not sure he has any need to say sorry. It was the organisers that were to blame imo. Only in Ireland would you have tickets being sold for an event BEFORE permission has been granted.

'Ah shur don't worry about the residents. It'll be grand. Get yizzer tickets, folks.'

What baffled me, and still does, is how popular he proved to be with people here.

• Advertisement

Not sure he has any need to say sorry. It was the organisers that were to blame imo. Only in Ireland would you have tickets being sold for an event BEFORE permission has been granted.

'Ah shur don't worry about the residents. It'll be grand. Get yizzer tickets, folks.'

What baffled me, and still does, is how popular he proved to be with people here.

He's not popular in the UK.

It was a giant **** up by Aiken but they brought ed sheeran and the boss is on his way to croker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Country music being liked at all baffles me. One of the only genres that's worse is dubstep.

Angron wrote: »
    Country music being liked at all baffles me. One of the only genres that's worse is dubstep.

Not a big fan of ska music. Sounds all the same

I've never been completely clear on what ska actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,265 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

dubstep, ska, garage. Couldn't tell you the difference between most sub genres. Seems to me they just take a normal song and add loads of beats/bass. Sure these days, everything has a term and before you even figure out what it means there are even more terms.

True. Like I love metal, but it's absurd the number of genres, sub-genres, sub-sub-genres, and crossover genres that there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This always annoys people when I say it but my two most despised forms of music are trad and country. I grew up being forced to liste to thousands of hours of alcos playing music in tiny pubs because all the relations would be huge into that scene (gone around the world doing it for years making a nice living types). Just utter ****e. Like nails down a blackboard when I hear an accordion.

Garth Brooks not coming to Ireland was a small victory for all of us with the ability to hear.

The Garth Brooks debacle was actually hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gimmick wrote: »
    The Garth Brooks debacle was actually hilarious.

More people wanted to protest and start a revolution because of this more than the way the countries been run. Idiots.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    More people wanted to protest and start a revolution because of this more than the way the countries been run. Idiots.

Didn't one of the Croke Park residents get a death threat or something ???

Advertisement