Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Omackeral wrote: »
    You couldn't make it up. Irish fans of two English teams who've fully convinced themselves they're Mancs and Scousers one-upping each other in threads on an Irish site. It's pathetic. They'll be the biggest patriots during the Euros now for Ireland and deride the very players they cheer week in and week out when England take to the field. Morons.

I normally agree with your views but that's very very wrong! You love the LOI. Great for you! I DONT! many others don't for obvious reasons! Do I still support my local team? 100% yes I do and I go too 80% of home Matchs aswell as buying merch and tickets too raffles etc! I was brought up on good quality football tho, sold out crowds, champions league, multiple million pound transfers so I LOVE the premier league and allways have, the passion love rivalry and hate is what fuels it! Spurs hate Arsenal, Liverpool hate United, United hate city and so on! LOI will never match it much as some "pathetic " fans try too make out it does!! Even when City bate Dalk in 2 weeks time Gimmie United beating pool ANYTIME for more enjoyment long term!!

Ps just cuz we support Ireland doesn't mean we think we're "patriots" we support our country too the bitter end against any one!espically our local derby games like England! Those patriot fools your taking about normally follow LOI teams and Celtic and start fights after they've drank all their dole money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    From a fan point of view, I'm doing zero gloating with Sunday in mind, especially since I have no confidence of winning at all.

I expect too lose aswell but I'll know if I lost my match by Saturday not Sunday ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hard to believe the Macho Man has been dead 5 years today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I normally agree with your views but that's very very wrong! You love the LOI. Great for you! I DONT! many others don't for obvious reasons! Do I still support my local team? 100% yes I do and I go too 80% of home Matchs aswell as buying merch and tickets too raffles etc! I was brought up on good quality football tho, sold out crowds, champions league, multiple million pound transfers so I LOVE the premier league and allways have, the passion love rivalry and hate is what fuels it! Spurs hate Arsenal, Liverpool hate United, United hate city and so on! LOI will never match it much as some "pathetic " fans try too make out it does!! Even when City bate Dalk in 2 weeks time Gimmie United beating pool ANYTIME for more enjoyment long term!!

Ps just cuz we support Ireland doesn't mean we think we're "patriots" we support our country too the bitter end against any one!espically our local derby games like England! Those patriot fools your taking about normally follow LOI teams and Celtic and start fights after they've drank all their dole money!

Few points to make here. Spurs fans in Ireland would have zero reason to hate Arsenal or vice versa. There's not many Spurs fans here anyway. As for City and United, that's the funniest of all when United fans call City the ''noisy neighbours''. The whole craic of City fans slagging United fans for not actually being from Manchester (without a hint of irony) is gas too. The passion, love, hate and rivalry is what powers football the world over. You get that from being there all the time. That's hard when your team is in another country. Nothing beats being there. Nobody here thinks our league can compete with the Premier League and it can't. 95% of us absolutely love it too. It's just the aping of the culture I don't get. Calling each other Mancs and Scousers in fake accents is just odd behaviour.

Btw I don't know any LOI fans that follow Celtic to be honest, most of them hold disdain for them as Irish people here say they follow Celtic ''cos they're an Irish team'' rather than follow an actual Irish team!

Sorry if my post was a bit condescending. I love Champion's League, Prem, La Liga, World Cup as much as the next fella. It's just when I say I follow Bohemians I'm greeted with ''yeah but who do you really follow?'' as if I'm the leper for supoorting my own team like 90% of the world does, that's what annoys me! I've no bother with people who live and let live, with exception to the chaps I've mentioned with the Manc/Scouse sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's just when I say I follow Bohemians I'm greeted with ''yeah but who do you really follow?'' as if I'm the leper for supoorting my own team like 90% of the world does, that's what annoys me! I've no bother with people who live and let live, with exception to the chaps I've mentioned with the Manc/Scouse sh*te.

Ive seen Omac in real life, he is a leaper ;) Don't be fooled lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Whenever anyone mentions Celtic I think of this, it's still one of my favourite videos on t'internet

The constant United v Liverpool thing annoys the hell out of me because it derails so many topics and usually ends up in petty tit-for-tat arguments. It's one thing slagging your mates or just poking fun in general but it's the sheer relentlessness of it that gets me. Definitely with Omack on the 'Mancs' & 'Scousers' namecalling, it's schoolyard stuff.

The only thing that annoys me more is when some fans of Irish teams get all high & mighty about it to belittle those that do follow English teams (not saying that's Omack, just a number of people I know irl that are constantly at it). I get that there's probably an element of resentment to it; if all Irish football fans supported their local sides then clubs would have a more solid financial foundation, teams could afford better facilities & wages, which means better players & quality etc. I support my local team & think it's great seeing so many kids going to the games nowadays. But if I want to keep supporting a team my dad & brothers had me following since I was a toddler then I shouldn't be made feel any less of a fan just because I wasn't born 20 minutes from the stadium.

i-wish-we-could-all-get-along-like-we-used-to-in-middle-school-i-wish-i-could-bake-a-cake-filled-quote-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

one of my big pet hates in football is seeing celtic jerseys at Ireland games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    one of my big pet hates in football is seeing celtic jerseys at Ireland games

Why?
    Someone going to a football match in football jersey

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why?
    Someone going to a football match in football jersey

it's a Scottish football teams jersey while supporting Ireland, I just find that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Anyone got any bets on for the FA Cup Final? I went for the long shot of Mata first goalscorer and United to win 3-2 @ 175/1 and the more realistic both teams to score and United win @ 7/2. Hopefully its an enjoyable game

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    Anyone got any bets on for the FA Cup Final? I went for the long shot of Mata first goalscorer and United to win 3-2 @ 175/1 and the more realistic both teams to score and United win @ 7/2. Hopefully its an enjoyable game

3 nil and mata to score first for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Delighted with that win for Utd now. Feared the worst when Palace scored, but we replied in the best possible fashion

Yep absolutely over the moon with that win. What a volley from Jesse! I could mention loads of stuff that happened but I dont care, we won and LVG can now leave with his head held high :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

BBC Sports running with the José to United, apparently to be confirmed Tuesday :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    BBC Sports running with the José to United, apparently to be confirmed Tuesday :D

that's put a downer on the win for me. I think it'll all end in a diaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great day of sport.

Looks like Galway is the place to be today too with the sunshine, unlike the sh*tty weather on offer here in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I love the news that Jose is on the way to United. I think Van Gaal has left a real sour taste and I just haven't been able to warm to him at all. I think Mourinho is the breath of fresh that's needed and it sets up some fantastic touchline encounters next season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bouncing now. Winning the cup then the Jose news. So happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wexford will still have a good summer. There going to be highly fired up for the qualifiers

Congrats to man Utd, hibs,Dublin and connacht

Working all day so missed out on it all.

Roll on Springsteen in Croke Park next Friday

game of thrones leaked early has made my Sunday a lot better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started watching a rip but it wasn't great quality in the way it stuttered a lot so will just wait for a decent copy tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Well that leaked episode solves the issue to whether i should watch the ep or extreme rules.

All I say is about that ep was that it was brillant, great season so far :D

Zemuppet wrote: »
    Well that leaked episode solves the issue to whether i should watch the ep or extreme rules.

All I say is about that ep was that it was brillant, great season so far :D

Got a copy of game of thrones early yesterday planned to watch it before extreme rules but went to the pub got drunk went home fell asleep at 12.30am and yet to watch any of them lol

Extreme rules (thanks to facebook I knw what happens), Sunday Game and Got for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I thought Game of Thrones was excellent again. Unfortunately I saw a spoiler before finding out that the episode had leaked otherwise I would have been more careful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sky Sports are stating that Van Gaal has been sacked from Man Utd.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ryan Giggs now. I can see him walking away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think this is another case of United bollocking up a sacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love the news that Jose is on the way to United. I think Van Gaal has left a real sour taste and I just haven't been able to warm to him at all. I think Mourinho is the breath of fresh that's needed and it sets up some fantastic touchline encounters next season.

Will Jose keep Giggs on now or bring in his own team?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will Jose keep Giggs on now or bring in his own team?

José will more than likely bring in his own staff.

Game of Thrones.............WOW

• Advertisement

I wish Microsoft would feck off with the free windows 10 upgrade

I have tried and get an error message so I can't upgrade to it ??

Advertisement