Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wish Microsoft would feck off with the free windows 10 upgrade

I have tried and get an error message so I can't upgrade to it ??

A pain in the Arse. I relented, and tried to install. It then spent 4 hours looking for updates. I gave up in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,852 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    A pain in the Arse. I relented, and tried to install. It then spent 4 hours looking for updates. I gave up in the end

I've downloading the iso image and burning it to a disc. Hoping it will work that way

scanned my PC with the tweaking.com windows repair tool (took 11 hours) and updated perfectly to Windows 10 from an iso image

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah just updated to windows 10 myself, it had really started to p!ss me off how it was suddenly asking me to update several times a day so why not. Doesn't seem that much has changed really although I haven't done much with it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah just updated to windows 10 myself, it had really started to p!ss me off how it was suddenly asking me to update several times a day so why not. Doesn't seem that much has changed really although I haven't done much with it yet

I'm getting messages telling me to upgrade as well. How long did it take to set up? I've read a few horror stories of people waiting 4 hours plus which sounds a right headache.

• Advertisement

I let it do all the prep work in the background (downloading whatever it needed to do the job) then clicked install now as I went out for a run, about 1.5hrs later I got back and it was around 80% so after showering and a few other things it was done although it still took 5/10 m to fully set up then.

Guess I'm saying it might take a few hours so schedule to do it while your busy offline doing something (watching a movie or whatever) and it won't be so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'm getting messages telling me to upgrade as well. How long did it take to set up? I've read a few horror stories of people waiting 4 hours plus which sounds a right headache.

Took me about 30 minutes maybe less. Key is to keep your pc consistently updated, so you're better off updating it as soon as you can. If you don't then you're basically telling your system to find the updates to make itself compatible, then finding a base update and then eventually searching for upgrades and updating itself again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amber Heard filing a domestic abuse restraining order against Johnny Depp that won't go down well with his main employer Disney I'm guessing with a couple of big Disney films coming out in the next few years with Johnny as the selling point for them.

She released a picture of a black eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Amber Heard filing a domestic abuse restraining order against Johnny Depp that won't go down well with his main employer Disney I'm guessing with a couple of big Disney films coming out in the next few years with Johnny as the selling point for them.

Fúckin hell, I never thought Johnny would be that way. Amber is seriously gorgeous too.

There's never an excuse for hitting a woman though, he should face charges if true

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The domestic abuse restraining order being brought against Johnny Depp, not only will it be problematic for Disney, but it could also be the end of him in Hollywood Vampires to boot.. Hitting a woman, that's just stooping to the lowest of lows..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The Boss rocked Croker earlier. Bruce not Sasha btw.. Have seen some complaining about the sound and it did start off a little muffled but by halfway through he was rocking it loud and clear. I can't believe his energy for a 66 year old man. Going again Sunday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hopefully Sasha joins him on Sunday. Heading down for it as well

Pentecost wrote: »
    The Boss rocked Croker earlier. Bruce not Sasha btw.. Have seen some complaining about the sound and it did start off a little muffled but by halfway through he was rocking it loud and clear. I can't believe his energy for a 66 year old man. Going again Sunday night!

Brillent show sound was OK from where I was

Never knw it was so hard to get a taxi back to citywest from Dublin city centre at 1.30am. Got one from coppers €27.50

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The domestic abuse restraining order being brought against Johnny Depp, not only will it be problematic for Disney, but it could also be the end of him in Hollywood Vampires to boot.. Hitting a woman, that's just stooping to the lowest of lows..

And yet, when you see some of the accusations the likes of Elijah Wood and Corey Haim are throwing about in the last few weeks, it makes you realise it's nothing compared to some of the seediness that infests Hollywood :/

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Brillent show sound was OK from where I was

Never knw it was so hard to get a taxi back to citywest from Dublin city centre at 1.30am. Got one from coppers €27.50

Town was crazy I had to walk from Drumcondra to past Christchurch before I could get one. Normally you'd get a taxi any time you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And yet, when you see some of the accusations the likes of Elijah Wood and Corey Haim are throwing about in the last few weeks, it makes you realise it's nothing compared to some of the seediness that infests Hollywood :/

You look at how Woody Allen and Polanski are still revered in Hollywood, its a very sleazy industry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Send the wrong tweet or post the wrong thing on Facebook and your career is over abuse somebody in anyway and it's all brushed under the carpet and everything continues as normal.

Guess when it comes to Hollywood, money talks, bull**** walks rings true..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

lot of people they know saying yer one is full of crap! hitting a woman is disgraceful but im sick of this guilty until proven innocent bollocks with cases like this lately!

In lighter news, anyone else get scalded today? going around like ive two red sin-cara-esque arm sleeves on :D:D

Alright Johnny, you'll get your chance to get your side out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Pentecost wrote: »
    Alright Johnny, you'll get your chance to get your side out.

only remembered my name on this was depp :D, suspicious i know but completely unrelated :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

over the last few weeks a countdown clock keeps coming up on the laptop saying it well update in 15 mins to 8hours. Should I just let it update to windows 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

cena wrote: »
    over the last few weeks a countdown clock keeps coming up on the laptop saying it well update in 15 mins to 8hours. Should I just let it update to windows 10

I think you're able to reschedule it to a few days in advance as that's what I've been doing. As far as I know the offer to update ends in July.

In other news, I turned 30 today. Not long now til the mid-life crisis kicks in.

I think you're able to reschedule it to a few days in advance as that's what I've been doing. As far as I know the offer to update ends in July.

In other news, I turned 30 today. Not long now til the mid-life crisis kicks in.

Happy Birthday

Just back from Derren Brown's show in Dublin. Was really fun. Did a whole bit about faith healers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just back from Derren Brown's show in Dublin. Was really fun. Did a whole bit about faith healers.

Was at him last Wednesday great show. Love the grand finale but I can't help to feel he's done that trick before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She is saying he throw a phone at her I think

Happy Birthday Mr.Nice Guy

Happy Birthday you auld bollicks (30 myself for another month and a bit)

Loughc wrote: »
    Was at him last Wednesday great show. Love the grand finale but I can't help to feel he's done that trick before.

I felt there was a lot of that through the show (feeling I've seen certain tricks or variations of tricks before). The nail in a bag, for instance, I'm fairly certain I saw Penn and Teller explain the trick. The "skeptic reading" trick was on America's Got Talent a few years back.

But it was really enjoyable, and I loved it. Seeing the tricks live, watching the crowd reaction, really funny.

Did you have a
    big, bruised entry?
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Loughc wrote: »

What was the grand finale bit?

Advertisement