Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What was the grand finale bit?
    Front page of newspaper contained words the crowd shouted out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I felt there was a lot of that through the show (feeling I've seen certain tricks or variations of tricks before). The nail in a bag, for instance

Did you have a
    big, bruised entry?
    :P

Haha we did indeed have a
    big bruised entry
    well our group did,
    the three words I thought of were big burger balloon haha.

I seen the nail trick before on YouTube and Keith Barry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pentecost wrote: »
    The Boss rocked Croker earlier. Bruce not Sasha btw.. Have seen some complaining about the sound and it did start off a little muffled but by halfway through he was rocking it loud and clear. I can't believe his energy for a 66 year old man. Going again Sunday night!

Some more sound complaints for tonight, Bono also joined Bruce on stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That'll be the sound complaints. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Sound was fine from where I was tonight, Lower Cusack. What a show and what a day that was. Bono was less intrusive than usual the song worked well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

That'll be the sound complaints. :p

Comment of the week!

Belated happy birthday, hope you'd good fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Just in bed after driving to Edinburgh and back to watch Connacht beat Leinster. I don't think I've ever been this tired. But I don't care because it was an epic weekend. Connacht winning helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just in bed after driving to Edinburgh and back to watch Connacht beat Leinster. I don't think I've ever been this tired. But I don't care because it was an epic weekend. Connacht winning helped

Did you take the 84 hour non-stop bus over? Anybody on that bus has my respect. Can barely last 4 hours on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Good knowledgeable folk of boards PW forum, hit me up with some laptop recommendations in the €600 neighbourhood? Just need something for recreational use but something that'll work well and handle whatever updates come along for hopefully another few years. Had mine robbed at the weekend so.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Did you take the 84 hour non-stop bus over? Anybody on that bus has my respect. Can barely last 4 hours on one.

No I didn't I drove from Connemara to Larne on Friday slept in Glasgow over night then bus to Edinburgh in the morning. Really enjoyed the match. Bus back to Glasgow that night. Left Glasgow for Galway at 9 in the morning then caught a bit of the celebrations before driving to Dublin for work this morning.

Those guys who did the 84 hour but are mental but hero's in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pentecost wrote: »
    Good knowledgeable folk of boards PW forum, hit me up with some laptop recommendations in the €600 neighbourhood? Just need something for recreational use but something that'll work well and handle whatever updates come along for hopefully another few years. Had mine robbed at the weekend so.. :(

Toshiba Satellite laptop, got mine for €400 in Curry's in town, but might differ where ever it is you live, also those who robbed you, absolute scumbags.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The legend Muhammad Ali has passed away aged 74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

A huge loss. His cocky brash style actually came from watching professional wrestlers. His impact on the sporting world was immense. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

The original smack talker.

Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You won't see any mention of Joe Frazier today or how Ali treated him during the promo for the fight. Really shameful stuff that Frazier seemed to be mentally destroyed by for the rest of his life sadly.

A colossal figure who transcended sport. It took massive guts to stand up to the establishment the way he did. I was listening to George Foreman speaking earlier on CNN and he said around the time of the Vietnam controversy he was in Miami doing a promo for a fight with a bunch of cameras around, and when Ali walked in they all turned off the cameras because they didn't want anything to do with him. And yet he came back from all that.

I agree he overstepped the mark on several occasions, and a lot of his comments make for uncomfortable listening today, but he also stepped up to the mark in huge ways also by helping charities, and championing civil rights.

Incredible man and as he said himself, he owed a large part of his persona to being influenced by Gorgeous George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

This is my first post since October. I was active daily up until then but took a hiatus due to my mental health being in the toilet. I've been on medication and counselling since around February and I'm feeling better but I felt the need to post this so that everyone would know that I didn't just disappear.

This is my first post since October. I was active daily up until then but took a hiatus due to my mental health being in the toilet. I've been on medication and counselling since around February and I'm feeling better but I felt the need to post this so that everyone would know that I didn't just disappear.

Good to have you back and hope you are feeling better and long may it continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great to hear from you dude. Keep on kicking ass :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gh0st is gonna kill ya Gh0st is gonna kill ya!!!

Welcome back brother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

AG's return > Rollins' return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Missed ya dude, you've really added a lot to the board since you've joined. Always value your opinion and thinking on things here too.

Well done on getting help and I'm really glad you're back!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

RIP Kimbo Slice at the age of 42 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    RIP Kimbo Slice at the age of 42 :(

No cause released yet, thats a very young age to be passing.

Wow shocked about Kimbo Slice. Reports suggesting heart failure. 42 is so young as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I hope you're doing well and have some IRL friends and family around you. I've dipped in and out of various social media sites over the years for similar reasons. Funnily enough most people are decent and this wrestling forum is probably one of the best going for decent folk enjoying the graps and having the craic.

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Welcome back AG! always a great poster and a welcome addition to the forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Thanks very much for the great reception and the kind words, I really appreciate it. I started my Leaving Cert today also.

Thanks very much for the great reception and the kind words, I really appreciate it. I started my Leaving Cert today also.

Good Luck with that

• Advertisement

Best of luck with the leaving cert.

Advertisement