Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Happy birthday dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,850 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Please please win today Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Irelands faith is in their own hands. We are capable of getting results out of both Italy and Belguim. Both arent great by any means. I fancy our chances of getting 4 points out of those 2 games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

What would happen re-3rd spot and potential qualifying for the next round via third (which could be possible with 3 pts and 0GD) if Ireland & Sweden both drew all 3 games?

not necessarily expecting that or anything but alphabetical order? R (Republic) before S?

What would happen re-3rd spot and potential qualifying for the next round via third (which could be possible with 3 pts and 0GD) if Ireland & Sweden both drew all 3 games?

not necessarily expecting that or anything but alphabetical order? R (Republic) before S?

Well at this stage if Sweden and Ireland both draw their games, they will finish 2nd and 3rd, with Belgium being last on 2 points. Goals scored would determine who get 2nd.

3 points can be enough to qualify for the 3rd place depending on goal difference.

• Advertisement

bit of a brain fart from me ther not realizing that Belgium dropped points already. I reckon they will beat 1 of us or Sweden though, obviously I hope its the swedes after we have forced them to have to do or die in their final match by taking 1 or 3 points from them (1 more likely) tomorrow.

edit: boom Italy 1-0

suits Ireland down to the ground especially as we will facethem in the final game and they are now already true so may rest players and try to avoid suspensions for others.

bit of a brain fart from me ther not realizing that Belgium dropped points already. I reckon they will beat 1 of us or Sweden though, obviously I hope its the swedes after we have forced them to have to do or die in their final match by taking 1 or 3 points from them (1 more likely) tomorrow.

edit: boom Italy 1-0

suits Ireland down to the ground especially as we will facethem in the final game and they are now already true so may rest players and try to avoid suspensions for others.

I fancy us to take Bel, they look so unorganized and very flake despite having a host of talent. Too many individuals, no team spirit. Marc Wilmots, their manager, doesnt seem to be the right man to get the best out of this team.

If we beat em, were through. Even a draw would be a good result now though when you consider that the Italians will no doubt be rotating players in our game though of course you gotta hope they (Ireland) will be going for the win.

If we beat em, were through. Even a draw would be a good result now though when you consider that the Italians will no doubt be rotating players in our game though of course you gotta hope they (Ireland) will be going for the win.

Not really, If Sweden win against Belgium and we lose to Italy and if Sweden have a better goal difference, we go third. Having 4 points in 3rd place should be enough to go through but its no certainty.

And while Italian players will be rested most likely, they players coming in will be wanting to stake a claim to start in the knockout stage.

maybe it's not 100% but imo 4 points will put a team through be that in 2nd or 3rd

• Advertisement

maybe it's not 100% but imo 4 points will put a team through be that in 2nd or 3rd

I agree, it should, but there may be other teams who could have 4 points too and goal difference and goals scored could be a factor.

Its possible for all 6 groups to have a 3rdplaced them on four points. It looks very likely in both group A and B already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sure we could easily finish 2nd with just 3 points now. I would 100% take a draw tomorrow to go into the last game in second against a team that would already have 1st secured. That's mostly because I think Belgium are better than they showed against Italy (not that that would be difficult).

Sure we could easily finish 2nd with just 3 points now. I would 100% take a draw tomorrow to go into the last game in second against a team that would already have 1st secured. That's mostly because I think Belgium are better than they showed against Italy (not that that would be difficult).

Its certainly possible, Sweden seem shot shy and Belgium dont seem to be gelling together at all, with a shakey defense and nether team look creative at all.

Sweden are hardworking but they lack quality and seem to have only one aim (get the ball to Zlatan).

Belgium just look aimless. A host load of talent with no direction. The barely turned up at the WC and they appear to be doing worse so far. To be fair, Italy were fairly organised and defended well, and I wouldnt have the same faith in the Irish defense. But Belgium have to come out and play here after a defeat and with their shakey defense, I would say its not a crazy idea for Wes or Long to exploit them.

But I wouldnt rest on our laurels either. If we did get a draw in our next 2 games, Belgium or Sweden could very well beat eachother in the other final group game, giving them 4 points and moving us into 3rd spot. I really couldnt call a winner in the Sweden Belgium game yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Guys, how much data is 150mb when it comes to the Internet? I have a nine hour flight coming up, and Virgin say they are offering wifi on some planes now. They say you get 150mb but I have no idea how much that is. Would it let me stream YouTube vids (Or the WWE Netwrok) for 9 hours or would it let me read ten Wiki pages before it looks for more money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

150mb is feck all to be honest. Any kind of heavy use like watching videos and it'd be gone in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ya, 150MB would get you about 15 minutes of a 720p YouTube video. Highly recommend loading up your phone/device with audiobooks/music/podcasts. Do they have plugs on the plane for customers?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ya, 150MB would get you about 15 minutes of a 720p YouTube video. Highly recommend loading up your phone/device with audiobooks/music/podcasts. Do they have plugs on the plane for customers?

Yeah, looks like thats going to be what I'm doing.

I think they usually have a USB socket, plus I have a portable battery thing that can recharge everything up. Would have been nice to have the net, but €20 for 15 minutes aint a good investment. Ah well. Time to start mass downloading some podcasts. :pac:

Anton Yelchin, 27, best know for playing Chekov in the current Star Trek films, has died. Apparently they found him pinned between his own car and his mailbox with the engine running. Looks like he got into the car and started it, took the handbrake off, jumped out to check his mail and the car rolled into him and killed him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Football, US Open Golf, NBA Game 7 and Money in the Bank what a 12 hours of sport/entertainment and the biggest of them all GoT's episode 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anton Yelchin, 27, best know for playing Chekov in the current Star Trek films, has died. Apparently they found him pinned between his own car and his mailbox with the engine running. Looks like he got into the car and started it, took the handbrake off, jumped out to check his mail and the car rolled into him and killed him :(

RIP, I used confuse him with Jesse Eisenberg

• Advertisement

PSVR pre-ordered :D

Cant wait to get my hands on a VR headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

1st year exam results out on Wednesday, nerves would be an understatement.

Have my PSVR pre ordered this long time too.

Got great news in my exam results too, 2 A1's, an A2 and a B3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Have my PSVR pre ordered this long time too.

Got great news in my exam results too, 2 A1's, an A2 and a B3

Fantastic exam results gerry, well done! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Good Luck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    PSVR pre-ordered :D

Cant wait to get my hands on a VR headset.

What are the best games due to come out for it around it's release date?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Best of luck, my OH's final year results are out Wednesday too, so I'm hoping to be celebrating her degree with an Irish football victory :pac:

I'll have a drink in your honour when celebrating.

What are the best games due to come out for it around it's release date?

Resident Evil 7, Batman VR (which, admittedly, looks more like a Batman "experience" rather than a full game), Farpoint (fps game), Final Fantasy. They are saying there'll be 50 games out by the end of the year, though most will probably be indie games. Also talks of Star Wars, but doesn't seem to be a "launch" game.

Honestly, I just want to get the experience of a VR headset. Looks like the Vive is the best on the market, but it's twice the price AND needs a high end PC to run. But damn it, I want VR. :P

Loughc wrote: »
    Fantastic exam results gerry, well done! :)

Thanks dude, it's a serious weight off me now!

Cannot wait for the PSVR. Resi Evil 7 looks to be amazing. There's a demo up on Youtube, and it's genuinely scary (its free to download for those with Playstation Plus at the minute too)

• Advertisement

congrats on your results / best of luck on them

moral question: I gave my word that I would go full time with my current place of work, as they were trying to get me to do so for ages. They have just told one of my co-workers they won't be renewing his contract and he will be gone at the end of the month (I am supposed to take his place apparently) although they have still not gotten me to sign a contract for the full time position (starting in August) even though they have had a verbal agreement which I wanted to put on paper for over a month now. I was just offered a full time position elsewhere that pays a lot more. Slightly further from home and more/harder work I would expect but still pretty much 20% better pay is on offer.

Would I be an ass to sign for the other company? I mean my word means a lot to me but technically I have not signed anything with my current employers and you do kinda have to look out for number 1 but I know I will be leaving them in the lurch with regards not having a replacement for the full time position and now a part time one too and they are good folk.

hmm... guess it's a good problem to have

Advertisement