Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wales did a whole lot better than anyone expected, also Ronaldo's hang time in the air before his header, absolutely ridiculous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wales did a whole lot better than anyone expected, also Ronaldo's hang time in the air before his header, absolutely ridiculous.

As someone said on Twitter Ronaldo lasted longer in the air than England lasted in the tournament.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Chris Evans gone from Top Gear

Can't say I'll miss him, he was annoying as hell to listen to. Top Gear needs to really nail who they have as a host, or it's just doomed without the original three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Jon Jones is a Roman reigns wannabe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,336 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So France who knocked us out is in the final

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I love Griezmann's celebration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I love Griezmann's celebration!

Can't stand it myself having seen it break the heart twice against us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Irish Prison Service are recruiting as and from today. The start date will be early 2017. If anyone's interested in joining then go to www.publicjobs.ie and fill out an application form. That's what I did and I'm there nearly 8 years now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Irish Prison Service are recruiting as and from today. The start date will be early 2017. If anyone's interested in joining then go to www.publicjobs.ie and fill out an application form. That's what I did and I'm there nearly 8 years now!

Sounds like a tough job. Have you ever had to deal with any hairy situations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sounds like a tough job. Have you ever had to deal with any hairy situations?

Most of the time it's ok, it's just run of the mill by-the-clock work. Having said that, I've been in two extremely dangerous riots and they were a bit mental. A right mix of fear, excitement and adrenaline. I did an Ask Me Anything thread on here a while back with some very interesting questions and answers, I'll put up the link now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057333310

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Feel like I'm in the Bullet Club or something.... After a quick visit to Tokyo Dome I've just been drinking saki in roppongi hills!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Feel like I'm in the Bullet Club or something.... After a quick visit to Tokyo Dome I've just been drinking saki in roppongi hills!
    Or Roppongi Vice! I'm in Spain at the moment so give me a few days and I could be your Rocky Romero!

Nightmare final for poor Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ah it's no Waterford. Now that was a nightmare final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

You could see he was genuinely gutted. Nice to see the whole stadium clap him off too. As a united fan I'm biased because I still love him but he can be very under appreciated at times.

Mad to see the game is on tv3,rte2,bbc1 and ITV. Take your pick! For me its BBC due to no ads

Kankan14 wrote: »
    You could see he was genuinely gutted. Nice to see the whole stadium clap him off too. As a united fan I'm biased because I still love him but he can be very under appreciated at times.

Mad to see the game is on tv3,rte2,bbc1 and ITV. Take your pick! For me its BBC due to no ads

I am surprised both TV3 and RTE 2 are showing the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I am surprised both TV3 and RTE 2 are showing the final

Ya. Presume when they split the schedule neither side would go forth without the final so they both took it.

A happy ending for Ronaldo and Portugal, some half time prep talk from Ronaldo I would guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had Portugal to win the whole thing at 14-1 before the tournament started. Delighted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Really enjoyed the Euros as a whole. People bitched and moaned but the World Cup knockouts were worse. Great ending.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was glad to see Portugal win, just because they'd never won it before. I'd have rathered see Wales win the whole thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Really enjoyed the Euros as a whole. People bitched and moaned but the World Cup knockouts were worse. Great ending.

It was a terrible terrible tournament with one of the worst finals in living memory. Which is saying a lot given international finals are generally utter crap.

By the time week 3 started I gave up caring. There was a handful of decent matches, none of which could be called a cracker. Glad its over. Which is a shame as the next big tournament is Russia 2018 which i expect to be a complete mess then the next euros are not hosted by anyone :confused:. Then Qatar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

gimmick wrote:
    It was a terrible terrible tournament with one of the worst finals in living memory. Which is saying a lot given international finals are generally utter crap.

We must agree to disagree on this one I'm afraid. Also really enjoyed the tournament and also the new format of it. Actually made every game matter, as opposed to 90% of the time when the groups have been decided after the first two games. Was refreshing to see smaller teams mixing it up and causing trouble playing with all that passion compared to the millionaires kickabout club that most tournaments have descended to the last few years. England/Iceland being the perfect example. The final wasn't too bad, wasn't anything special but entertaining throughout. I've seen worse Champions League finals put it like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It's a bad format imo you can get out of your group without winning a game.

I think it'd be better with 20 teams, two from each of nine qualifying group, plus hosts and holders, no playoffs required.
    Then have four groups of five, with top two through to the quarter finals.

It's a bad format imo you can get out of your group without winning a game.

I think it'd be better with 20 teams, two from each of nine qualifying group, plus hosts and holders, no playoffs required.
    Then have four groups of five, with top two through to the quarter finals.

You could get out of your group before this without winning a game

Italia 90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You could get out of your group before this without winning a game

Italia 90

Italia 90 is a bad example for anything football related. Widely remembered as the worst tournament ever played.

gimmick wrote: »
    Italia 90 is a bad example for anything football related. Widely remembered as the worst tournament ever played.

Wouldn't know, just mentioned it because Ireland got out of their group without winning a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Wouldn't know, just mentioned it because Ireland got out of their group without winning a game

did you miss the italy match or something?

• Advertisement

Depp wrote: »
    did you miss the italy match or something?

In Italia 90 they got out of their group without winning a match, not this year

Was just saying that teams have gotten out of groups before without winning a game, like us in Italia 90

Advertisement