Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Turkish military is currently orchestrating a coup.

Fascinating to read about. Apparently the military have a constitutional duty to stop their presidents getting too religious, and carry out coups every ten to fifteen years.

Looks like they couldn't organize the proverbial piss-up in a brewery. About 100 of them involved, mostly 20yr old kids who surrendered to the police (in Istanbul anyway). Still, about 42 dead. Serious business. Department of Foreign Affairs advise not traveling to Turkey atm.

I've loved ones in Turkey atm. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pokemon Go is now out in Ireland :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Pokemon Go is now out in Ireland :D

It's great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Downloaded it just now but servers are down

The two gyms in Drogheda seem to be the Gardai station and the near abandoned Abbey Shopping Center.

Greaaaaat. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The two gyms in Drogheda seem to be the Gardai station and the near abandoned Abbey Shopping Center.

Greaaaaat. :pac:

The closest gym to me is a church. Oh the Catholic Church will do anything for numbers these days.

Got it working now and just got my first Pokémon. Charmander. Think will start going wandering tomorrow.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got it working now and just got my first Pokémon. Charmander. Think will start going wandering tomorrow.

Good man, making the correct choice with the starter :pac:

Not gotten in all day with servers being down :(

Charmander's always been my favourite Pokémon.

Dunno why since never played the games and only watched some of the series. Maybe was because of when Ash first found him.

Now how to make him Digivolve. :pac:

Just noticed Pokémon autocorrects to place the accent on the 'e'

Finally got in :D

The small shopping complex thirty seconds from my house is a gym, the gym in it is a Pokestop, and there's a small church 30 seconds walk away that's also a Pokestop :D

• Advertisement

Was out at Glenveagh today. Pokestops and 2 gyms, 1 seemingly unclaimed. I was level 3 and couldn't increase my level due to any pokemon being around kept disappearing and if I did manage to catch one, it would crash before registering. Server issues again.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Game Of Thrones Season 7 delayed until Summer 2017.
    Game of Thrones will begin shooting its next season later this summer, it was announced today by Casey Bloys, president, HBO programming. Production of the seven-episode seventh season will be based in Northern Ireland, while additional portions will be filmed in Spain and Iceland, with debut slated for summer 2017 on HBO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's apparently because winter finally came. They can't film until later in the year but the delay should only be until early Summer (maybe May from what I've read) considering it is expected to be a shorter season next time so filming shouldn't take as long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A attack now in Germany, on a regional train in Bavaria over 20 injured by axe attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

July the 19th ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's apparently because winter finally came. They can't film until later in the year but the delay should only be until early Summer (maybe May from what I've read) considering it is expected to be a shorter season next time so filming shouldn't take as long.

I was gonna suggest just colour grade it (like LOTR) but sure, there's only 15 episodes left over the next 2 seasons (7 and 8) so sure, just make it the best it can be. It's rough losing a couple of episodes when there's so little going around, but quality > quantity. Imagine 3 episodes spent on Dorn and Sam chatting to his wife!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I was gonna suggest just colour grade it (like LOTR) but sure, there's only 15 episodes left over the next 2 seasons (7 and 8) so sure, just make it the best it can be. It's rough losing a couple of episodes when there's so little going around, but quality > quantity. Imagine 3 episodes spent on Dorn and Sam chatting to his wife!

I think it will be better for less episodes. there were plenty of times this season were i wished they just got moving especallly in episodes 6,7,8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix?

Caught the first episode there, love the feel of it. It's set in the 80's, has a terrific soundtrack, and is like a mix between Stand By Me, The x Files, The Goonies and other great movies and TV shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Seems I got right caught on adverts. Bought 4 PS4 games for €35. Decent deal. The seller sent them all out in one game box.

Total BS IMO. I play games then trade them. Without a box they cannot be traded. Nowhere in the ad was "no boxes" mentioned.

Ive PMd him to post the others, but not holding any hope of a reply.

EDIT: Got a reply "Im on holidays, will post when I get home if I can" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

gimmick wrote: »
    Seems I got right caught on adverts. Bought 4 PS4 games for €35. Decent deal. The seller sent them all out in one game box.

Total BS IMO. I play games then trade them. Without a box they cannot be traded. Nowhere in the ad was "no boxes" mentioned.

Ive PMd him to post the others, but not holding any hope of a reply.

EDIT: Got a reply "Im on holidays, will post when I get home if I can" :rolleyes:

That's pretty bad now in fairness. Adverts seems to be turning into a bad spot lately for crap like this

• Advertisement

Presumably to save on postage.

The seller had zero feedback, but overlooked it as everyone has to start somewhere. Unfortunately I will not deal with new users again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah bollocks. What a cheapskate. Were there pictures of boxes? Hope he comes through with 'em...

Yup, the pics of the 4 boxes were there.

Its not the end of the world, but Im pretty pissed off over it still.

As someone who used to sell on Adverts (and does on Ebay with the same principals), that sort of **** angers me big time. If you're selling something and you've got pictures up, post whats in the picture. Nothing less. If you post pictures of game boxes, send out the game boxes. I've stopped selling stuff to 0 feedback people on Ebay over the last few months cause it nearly always turns into a disaster. Adverts isn't much better.

I know since it's a zero feedback account, you probably are dealing with someone who won't be scared by account suspension or the likes, but defo get onto Adverts staff and explain what happened, cause they should be able to help. If you went through Paypal, you could go through them for a refund too (though not sure if you want to get that extreme that quick).

Thanks for the insight.

He says he is on holidays. Ill take him on his word for that until next week. Failing my receiving the other 3 boxes, i'll open every dispute I can.

Re Paypal - marked the payment as to a friend, so I took the paypal fee. Would that make a difference in any disputes?

gimmick wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight.

He says he is on holidays. Ill take him on his word for that until next week. Failing my receiving the other 3 boxes, i'll open every dispute I can.

Re Paypal - marked the payment as to a friend, so I took the paypal fee. Would that make a difference in any disputes?

Yeah big difference. You won't be able to get your money back through paypal by sending the payment as a gift.

Ill only ever send as a gift/to a friend if its a seller with brilliant feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

US air strike in Syria kills up to 85 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/19/us-air-strike-in-syria-kills-up-to-85-civilians-mistaken-for-isi/

Someone's heads are gonna roll for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    That's pretty bad now in fairness. Adverts seems to be turning into a bad spot lately for crap like this

Stuff like that annoys me. Like new condition is used in the loosest sense. When I sold a few games in one ad after I accepted a bid for one game it charged me & marked my whole ad as sold.
    That and people low balling on bids to waste time, yeah bid half the price & see if that works :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was buying a second hand TV today but told the guy I wanted to test it with my SNES first (didn't work on my TV at home but works fine on old crappy ones) when he showed me the TV it wouldn't even turn on! So glad I didn't just do the exchange (Money for TV) at the metro station as he wanted.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Stuff like that annoys me. Like new condition is used in the loosest sense. When I sold a few games in one ad after I accepted a bid for one game it charged me & marked my whole ad as sold.
    That and people low balling on bids to waste time, yeah bid half the price & see if that works :rolleyes:

Price is €100

"I'll give you €15, and really I'm doing you a favour! I've seen it cheaper on Amazon"

:rolleyes:

Advertisement