Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

"Will you do a swap?"

"Yes. My item for your €100".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

gimmick wrote: »
    "Will you do a swap?"

"Yes. My item for your €100".

Ill give you a broken playstation and batman on bluray?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

So I've been moved sections in my company. Its same hours for better pay. Problem is I've never worked nights like this before. 4 shifts 11pm-7am followed by 11pm-3am shift. Then off. So say I finish Thursday morning at 3 I'm not back til Sunday night at 11, is it possible to sleep like a normal human being on days off?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kankan14 wrote: »
    So I've been moved sections in my company. Its same hours for better pay. Problem is I've never worked nights like this before. 4 shifts 11pm-7am followed by 11pm-3am shift. Then off. So say I finish Thursday morning at 3 I'm not back til Sunday night at 11, is it possible to sleep like a normal human being on days off?

Well if the days do fall as you say and say you go straight home and to bed after work on Thursday (so 4am ish) then it'd mean that Fri & Sat are the off days and having gone to sleep at 4am the night before 2 weekend days isn't too bad as they are probably the days most normal people would consider their late nights / potential going out nights anyway so being in the habit of sleeping at around 4 might not be terrible or unsociable in that case.

That said that is me trying to be positive as I've no idea how it'll affect you and maybe cos on most nights you don't sleep till after 7am you will not be able to do as I suggested above.

Well if the days do fall as you say and say you go straight home and to bed after work on Thursday (so 4am ish) then it'd mean that Fri & Sat are the off days and having gone to sleep at 4am the night before 2 weekend days isn't too bad as they are probably the days most normal people would consider their late nights / potential going out nights anyway so being in the habit of sleeping at around 4 might not be terrible or unsociable in that case.

That said that is me trying to be positive as I've no idea how it'll affect you and maybe cos on most nights you don't sleep till after 7am you will not be able to do as I suggested above.

Ya that's pretty much what I'm gonna attempt to do for the first while anyway. The problem is I don't normally sleep after 8am ever due to working mornings for a long time. There is also the fact the wife works Wednesday to Sunday all evenings (good news for sports watching) meaning I won't see her much.

Meh gotta be done I guess.
    Just no-one if I start posting here at exclusively odd hours :)

• Advertisement

Ya that's pretty much what I'm gonna attempt to do for the first while anyway. The problem is I don't normally sleep after 8am ever due to working mornings for a long time. There is also the fact the wife works Wednesday to Sunday all evenings (good news for sports watching) meaning I won't see her much.

Meh gotta be done I guess.
    Just no-one if I start posting here at exclusively odd hours :)

You will be posting in my time frame so :D Actually 3am here now but I'm one of the posters here that you always see posting at like 6am Irish time.

Good luck being able to adjust man and not just the sleep pattern but the life change as you say seeing the missus etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Great result for Dundalk :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great result for Dundalk :cool:

Champions League regulars BATE Borisov in the next round in a rematch from last year and a guaranteed 1 Million Euro regardless. Great night for them tonight. To put it into perspective, they got 400,000 for winning the league!!!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Champions League regulars BATE Borisov in the next round in a rematch from last year and a guaranteed 1 Million Euro regardless. Great night for them tonight. To put it into perspective, they got 400,000 for winning the league!!!

Yeah the prize money is huge, even compared to the money Rovers got in 2011. I'm expecting to see a much better BATE this time though. Got the feeling last year that they had underestimated Dundalk in the first game and just did what was needed in the second. I can never say a bad thing about McMillan again now 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

And yet there's no mention of it on the BBC. I know they're the British Broadcasting Company, but they must surely realise they have a large audience on the same island as NI, for as long as NI, and bigger than NI, that barely gets mentioned as a footnote in their reports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

More attacks in France and Germany :(

The money being bandied about in modern day football is astronomical(old news I know!)

Juve spend 75m on Higuain from Napoli who go out a couple of hours later and chuck 35m at ajax to sign a replacement in Milik.
    You would wonder too are Juve spending because they have it or are they expecting a pogba sized windfall.

Be some craic if united pull out and juve are left with a 75m bill and no money in for pogba.

Frustrating game in Belarus tonight. Thought Dundalk rode their luck with lots of nervous play and long balls which just invited pressure but BATE were very wasteful in front of goal. It's a good result all things considered, could've been much worse but such a cheap goal to concede. I don't hold out much hope for the second leg without an away goal, can't see us winning by two goals and even if we get to extra time their players seem a bit fitter. At least there's still the Europa League if we go out and the run may continue.

Frustrating game in Belarus tonight. Thought Dundalk rode their luck with lots of nervous play and long balls which just invited pressure but BATE were very wasteful in front of goal. It's a good result all things considered, could've been much worse but such a cheap goal to concede. I don't hold out much hope for the second leg without an away goal, can't see us winning by two goals and even if we get to extra time their players seem a bit fitter. At least there's still the Europa League if we go out and the run may continue.

Just didn't have the ball enough did they. Bate are no world beaters but look so organised that like u say can't see them conceding twice and in all likelyhood they will score in 90mins also as they prob won't be as wasteful again.

Sucks for Dundalk fans that the return leg has to be played in Tallaght. Bit of a trek for a home match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I have an interview in exactly 4 minutes. Waiting to be called is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Good luck with it.

Cut a vicious promo. ''You talk about your Health and Safety, you talk about how we get off at 5:16..... Well Gerry 5:16 says you just hired my ass''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hope it went well Gerry!

Hope it went well Gerry *imagines Gerry spending half his interviewing trying to avoid going on about Noelle Foley*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Do a Heath Slater and call yourself the hottest free agent in the business. Be prepared to take a goring though!. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thanks all.

Not sure how that went. Was a little under a half hour. Competency based interviews aren't the best.

Waiting game now!

Don't know if anyone can help.

My nephew is looking for a phone to play Pokemon go. Any really cheap phones that can play it? Thats all he'll use for.

Don't know if anyone can help.

My nephew is looking for a phone to play Pokemon go. Any really cheap phones that can play it? Thats all he'll use for.

How cheap u talking? You can pick up a Vodafone smart phone in their shops for 49quid. I'm sure those cash convenience stores have smart phones even cheaper just be careful there in good order and have KitKat 4.4 or better

How cheap u talking? You can pick up a Vodafone smart phone in their shops for 49quid. I'm sure those cash convenience stores have smart phones even cheaper just be careful there in good order and have KitKat 4.4 or better

Yeah thats what I was looking at was that E49 one. I'm useless with phones myself so not sure it would work on it.

Yeah thats what I was looking at was that E49 one. I'm useless with phones myself so not sure it would work on it.

Yup will work fine.

Yup will work fine.

Thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Also bear in mind that Pokemon Go needs a constant internet connection (whether it be wi-fi or mobile data) to play, and as a result is a bugger on battery life. Just some things to bear in mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Virtanen wrote: »
    Also bear in mind that Pokemon Go needs a constant internet connection (whether it be wi-fi or mobile data) to play, and as a result is a bugger on battery life. Just some things to bear in mind :)

Yeah. I was in Dublin with it yesterday and my fully charged iPhone died in about four hours of constant use. And that's ignoring the data charges.

Advertisement