Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fair play Waterford turned up in a big way. Eerily similar to the Galway draw in 2012 where Galway just couldn't hold on.

Gleeson and Mahony were outstanding. Hogan was something else though.

Really shocking attendance. Hopefully Thurles is a sellout.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Same thing happened with Tipp in 2014. They should have beaten Kilkenny the first day out but didn't. And they didn't do it the next day.

You can see a trend here. It's hard to kill Kilkenny off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    Same thing happened with Tipp in 2014. They should have beaten Kilkenny the first day out but didn't. And they didn't do it the next day.

You can see a trend here. It's hard to kill Kilkenny off.

Galway in 2012 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Juan Mata is one of the most likeable United players I've seen over the years. Sad to see Mourinho seemingly inching him towards the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Juan Mata is one of the most likeable United players I've seen over the years. Sad to see Mourinho seemingly inching him towards the door.

His attitude is likeable,yes. He's not necessarily the answer to who plays the ten role behind zlatan though so you can see why Jose doesn't really pick him as first 11. I hope Micky Ryan picks up fast though and Rooney is moved on to China for millions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Mourinho doesn't want Mata at the club fair enough stick him with Schweinsteiger but don't disrespect a player subbing him on and off like that.

That was classless.

If Mourinho doesn't want Mata at the club fair enough stick him with Schweinsteiger but don't disrespect a player subbing him on and off like that.

That was classless.

Yup I agree.
    Mourinho is a Muppet. He is accepted by united though because he is a successful Muppet. When you are winning you get away with such carry on. I am happy he's our manager because generally speaking he wins trophies. I haven't forgotten how he handled himself and the players last year at Chelsea either though so I remain somewhat sceptical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That was classless.

I feel this is being blown out of proportion tbh; Jose was time wasting with only a minute to go, wanted to make a sub but knew Leicester were starting to lob long balls forward. Mata is pretty small and not massively strong, so was the most sensible person to yank off at that stage. It's not that he took Mata off with ages left in the game or cause he wasn't happy with his contribution to the play. It was entirely tactical to waste time and make sure we didn't concede in the last moments of the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I feel this is being blown out of proportion tbh; Jose was time wasting with only a minute to go, wanted to make a sub but knew Leicester were starting to lob long balls forward. Mata is pretty small and not massively strong, so was the most sensible person to yank off at that stage. It's not that he took Mata off with ages left in the game or cause he wasn't happy with his contribution to the play. It was entirely tactical to waste time and make sure we didn't concede in the last moments of the game.

Would have brought Romero on for Mata if he was really trolling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Have put my name down for trails to see I can make national ice hockey team to play in Germany next year (February/march)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

cena wrote: »
    Have put my name down for trails to see I can make national ice hockey team to play in Germany next year (February/march)

Good luck dude hope you make it.

On the jose/mata thing i think jose new exactly what to do. He can be classless at times with how he treats players and staff so i dont think anyone should be surprised.

Although im sure if it happened to fellani that no one would be kicking up a fuss its just because mata is so like able.

Have my annual endoscopy tomorrow. Not nervous at all, in terms of... it's my third, so I'm used to it, know nothing will go wrong, no symptoms that caused me to get the initial one in a year, etc etc. But still can't settle to do much work this morning with it looming over me. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

best of luck TSC. Actually luck is for losers and CM Punk! :p:p You'll be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Have my annual endoscopy tomorrow. Not nervous at all, in terms of... it's my third, so I'm used to it, know nothing will go wrong, no symptoms that caused me to get the initial one in a year, etc etc. But still can't settle to do much work this morning with it looming over me. :/
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    best of luck TSC. Actually luck is for losers and CM Punk! :p:p You'll be great!
    278193.gif?b64lines=SG1tLiBXZSdsbCBuZWVkIHRvIGhhdmUgYQpsb29rIGluc2lkZSB5b3Ugd2l0aCB0aGlzCmNhbWVyYS4=
    281530.gif?b64lines=R3Vlc3MgYWdhaW4u

jaykhunter wrote: »

Yeah, well unlike Punk, I'll be taking ALL THE DRUGS! :P

Good luck.

I had one of those about a decade ago. I remember I was told I could be sedated or stay awake for it. I chose to be sedated. One minute I was wheeled into the room to be sedated, next minute I know I'm back outside. A nurse approached and I asked her why they didn't do the procedure - she told me it was already done and everything was grand. Powerful drugs. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Good luck.

I had one of those about a decade ago. I remember I was told I could be sedated or stay awake for it. I chose to be sedated. One minute I was wheeled into the room to be sedated, next minute I know I'm back outside. A nurse approached and I asked her why they didn't do the procedure - she told me it was already done and everything was grand. Powerful drugs. :pac:

I remember them giving me the sedative and feeling it rush through my bloodstream. I actually remember them putting the tube in and giving me some instructions, I was completely fine with everything. Next thing I know I'm lying on a trolly for what I think is 5/10 minutes. I was actually there for an hour. Awesome stuff.

Having said that I wouldn't fancy getting one every year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've had 3 endoscopes done and they're not pleasant. First time, I asked to be knocked out, but they sedated me instead. Remember every second.

Last time, I was knocked out and awoke to the sight of an old man, in a backless gown, letting loose with the loudest, longest farts I've ever heard in my life. Think he was getting the oul rear end camera done, and they filled him with air or something

Well, it went ok. Started to wake up midproceedure, and started thrashing but then went back asleep and woke up in the bed. Already forgetting the few seconds it went bad as well, so thats not an issue. And he said that the symptoms I had to have a check up on seem to be gone, so I don't need another for three years, which is nice.

Now, thats when the day really grew horrid for me :( I brought my iPad to read when I was waiting. There'd been a crack on it for months but just a small one. I put it in my bag, and they got me to throw my bag under my gurney to keep it with me. But sometime during the time there, they must have dropped the bed a bit cause my ipad got crushed and the crack exploded :( One corner is crumbling now, and there's a big crack accross it. Apple are saying they don't replace screens and they want €250 for a replacement.

And to make matters worse, I get home to a letter from America saying I ran a red light and I owe a fine of $150, and an administrative fee of $30 to the rental company. There's video of the incident; looks like a light turned red seconds before I took the turn. Sucks, and my first ever traffic violation. But nothing I can do.

And the endoscopy cost me €125 (touch wood for insurance though).

So thats €555 I'm down today. Financially, a really **** day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Heads up to anyone else that records Raw and SmackDown on sky, I just sat down to flick through RAW and it turns out they changed the name slightly and Sky didn't record it. Same with SmackDown, it changed my recording to the Friday night repeat instead of recording it live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heads up to anyone else that records Raw and SmackDown on sky, I just sat down to flick through RAW and it turns out they changed the name slightly and Sky didn't record it. Same with SmackDown, it changed my recording to the Friday night repeat instead of recording it live.

Do Sky 1 show them anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I've had a transesophageal echocardiogram (tube down throat to scan the heart). It's not fun, hope it went ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

First Olympic medal in these games the O'Donovan brothers came second in their final.

First Olympic medal in these games the O'Donovan brothers came second in their final.

Our badminton player Evans also just beat his German opponent who was the favourite. Seems like today is going pretty well.

I don't know how many on the forum are doing fantasy football this year but I've made a league if you are:

287187-625831

I was atrocious last season.

I don't know how many on the forum are doing fantasy football this year but I've made a league if you are:

287187-625831

I was atrocious last season.

In.
    Last season I was getting hammered regularly until I started visiting FSA on here. Rose from 2.2million in January to inside the top 1million with their help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Just joined there, did it last year but I forgot to update my team one week and then couldn't be bothered anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Good luck.

I'd my ACL done a few years ago and it was similar. I was going to the operating theater and next thing I woke up about 10 hours later in my hospital bed and after "dreaming" I was talking to my miss's in my hospital bed. Then she arrived into me wearing the clothes she had on in the dream. Needless to say I'd woke and spent 20 minutes chatting before going back to sleep! I was OUTTA my head! I dunno was it morphine they gave me or what but **** me......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think I had an endoscopy a few years back. Tube down the throat to take out a dangerous stone in my gall bladder (which they later removed). Similar story, was put under sedation and have vague memories of all sorts of mad talk to nurses etc. Was properly knocked out under anaesthetic for the gall bladder removal however.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    I think I had an endoscopy a few years back. Tube down the throat to take out a dangerous stone in my gall bladder (which they later removed). Similar story, was put under sedation and have vague memories of all sorts of mad talk to nurses etc. Was properly knocked out under anaesthetic for the gall bladder removal however.

That sounds similar to my situation. I had the tube down the throat because they thought I had a bad stomach ulcer. I had been having these awful sharp pains in my chest region for months and they were trying to figure out why. It turned out via an ultrascan I had that the cause of the pain was a whole bunch of stones on my gallbladder - they eventually removed the gallbladder and I haven't had any pain there since thankfully.

Advertisement