Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its something I've noticed since I had to get the endoscopy done originally; the amount of people who also have had the procedure...strikes me its becoming increasingly common.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kenny Baker (R2-D2) has passed away at the age of 83.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Out last night. Got dancing with this very attractive woman. She invites me back to hers. I'm thinking "in like Flynn" when who appears from the kitchen but her hard ass, baldy boyfriend! He had let himself in through another door. At first thouht threesome but he wasn't very affable and then they start arguing with her shouting at him"what are you doing here, how didmyou get in " etc. She wants him to leave, I want to leave but I'm scared outta me bones. I eventually leave while he's in the jacks. Of course it's one of these apartment complexes that are, pardon thr pun, complex! I didn't know where I was, had only 20quid for a taxi and just proceeded to walk south until,I saw something recognisable and got a taxi.

WTF!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ageyev wrote: »
    Out last night. Got dancing with this very attractive woman. She invites me back to hers. I'm thinking "in like Flynn" when who appears from the kitchen but her hard ass, baldy boyfriend! He had let himself in through another door. At first thouht threesome but he wasn't very affable and then they start arguing with her shouting at him"what are you doing here, how didmyou get in " etc. She wants him to leave, I want to leave but I'm scared outta me bones. I eventually leave while he's in the jacks. Of course it's one of these apartment complexes that are, pardon thr pun, complex! I didn't know where I was, had only 20quid for a taxi and just proceeded to walk south until,I saw something recognisable and got a taxi.

WTF!??

Ha ha ha!!!! Like something from a movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

For us Waterford fans It hurts even more today after giving it everything against Kilkenny and still not getting over the line. Hopefully the under 21s can beat Antrim next weekend and get to the final

Expecting Galway to beat Tipperary today

Kilkenny are beatable and I think they will be in the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jaysus Ageyev, need a strong cup of coffee in the morning after that! He was an ex-bf, not bf I'm hoping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Jaysus Ageyev, need a strong cup of coffee in the morning after that! He was an ex-bf, not bf I'm hoping?

Actual boyfriend. Or, at least that's what he said. He just appeared in the archway of the kitchen like something out of a John Wayne western. There were two entrances to the apartment and he got in through another. She flipped her lid, he was acting all cool but telling her to shut up, then she wws shouting back. Craziest situation I've ever been in. As someone said, sounds like a comedy film scene; I didn't think this kinda stuff happened in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    For us Waterford fans It hurts even more today after giving it everything against Kilkenny and still not getting over the line. Hopefully the under 21s can beat Antrim next weekend and get to the final

Expecting Galway to beat Tipperary today

Kilkenny are beatable and I think they will be in the final

That Galway prediction didn't come to fruition. I can't see Tipp beating them in the final tho. Waterford had a big opportunity. Don't have much pity for Galway given what happened last year with Cunningham.
    Another loss in the olympic boxing....oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Katie Taylor out. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can't say I know a huge amount about Boxing in Ireland but it seems to me as an once ever fours years viewer that Billy Walsh has been a huge loss to the sport here in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Katie Taylor out. :(

I don't think Ireland getting any gold medals

Her father is not her coach anymore either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

If the sailing doesn't go ahead today Annalise Murphy gets bronze automatically. If conlan wins today he'd be guaranteed a bronce at least. I can't see any other medals coming our way. Maybe the girl in the modern pentathlon or rob heffernan can nick a medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,334 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kankan14 wrote: »
    If the sailing doesn't go ahead today Annalise Murphy gets bronze automatically. If conlan wins today he'd be guaranteed a bronce at least. I can't see any other medals coming our way. Maybe the girl in the modern pentathlon or rob heffernan can nick a medal.

We have 1 silver from the rowing

Is there a guy in the Badminton race still?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We have 1 silver from the rowing

Is there a guy in the Badminton race still?

No he got beaten by the Danish guy yesterday.

Conlon got screwed something awful there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Conlon got screwed something awful there.

The heavyweight gold medal match was actually worse.

ERG89 wrote: »
    The heavyweight gold medal match was actually worse.

I saw that. Terrible. The chap who just beat conlon was comprehensivly out boxed by the Thai lad the last day two. Some disgraceful decisions.

Really raw interview there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I don't know boxing that well, but that fight was clear to see there was one winner. Poor Conlon, I feel for him.

On another note, is anyone got Pokémon Go? I'm hooked

G'wan Annalise Murphy. Silver number two for Ireland.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    On another note, is anyone got Pokémon Go? I'm hooked

Not got much chance to play it, living more rurally and not venturing into towns all that much, but still enjoying it. Heading to Dublin tomorrow so planning on having the game going all the time :P

#TeamValorForLife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Just need somewhere to humblebrag my latest bargain swag.

Myself and the missus moved in together recently. We're not huge TV viewers so decided we'd not to bother subscribing to any TV services and not to go near the cinema unless there's something unmissable. The plan is to "boxset" of an evening.

I was gifted The Wire and GOT on Blu-Ray a few years back so that was/is first port of call.

Been hawking for stuff since and I've had great success. Was at the Wexford market weeks ago and saw The West Wing S1-S7. €3 per boxset so I haggled the lot for €18. I also got Breaking Bad S1-S5 in Oxfam for €10.

Now we have the mother load. Was at the Dundrum Car boot and at one of the many stalls with boxes full of DVDs I noticed The Sopranos full set.

Shag "How much for your DVDs?"

Lady "€1 each.......feck it €0.50 each?"

Shag "(shock) Even the boxsets?"

Lady "Yeah sure go on even the boxsets".

I sheepishly lifted the six cases and handed €3. She half jokingly said "thanks for robbing me".

Haven't worked out the bang for buck but I know a haul of The West Wing/Breaking Bad and The Sopranos for €30 is phenomenal.

Have only seen a handful of episodes of each but know quality is guaranteed. Should be finished by about 2020 :)

I wish I could be experiencing West Wing for the first time again. Just have to settle for a fifth runthrough :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I wish I could be experiencing West Wing for the first time again. Just have to settle for a fifth runthrough :pac:

I've never seen it. Been recommended it by so many people. I might even start watching it this weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Found and watched old DVD recordings of seasons 1-3 of Bachelor's Walk

Very good series with a lot of dark humour. Annoyed that I can't fnd the 2006 one off Xmas special (the very last episode of the series too). Some pm what happend in that episode lol. I remember Barry had to find a toy for his son, the 3 lads had a fight the min they met up , can't remember what happend after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lord TSC wrote: »

I've never seen one episode of this show. Is it still worth checking out? Does it hold up well a decade or so on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I started watching West Wing ages ago, but nerver got back to it after episode 6. Always repeated on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

If you're looking for bargain box sets I'd suggest joining the library. Essentially free DVD rentals.

Really annoyed about tonight's result. Penalty was questionable but it's the second goal that grates - an unforgivable goal to concede at any level. Just boot the ball, the game's over, there's no time for us to score and taking the 1-0 defeat to Poland wouldn't be too bad considering there wasn't much gulf in class between the two sides. But now the tie is as good as done I think. A tremendous achievement just to get this far but when it's 10 seconds of cluelessness it's hard to stomach.

If you're looking for bargain box sets I'd suggest joining the library. Essentially free DVD rentals

Depends on your local library. The amount of first rentals that don't get returned to my local library is a disgrace. A free service that others ruin for everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Depends on your local library. The amount of first rentals that don't get returned to my local library is a disgrace. A free service that others ruin for everyone else!

Sadly true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Just need somewhere to humblebrag my latest bargain swag.

Myself and the missus moved in together recently. We're not huge TV viewers so decided we'd not to bother subscribing to any TV services and not to go near the cinema unless there's something unmissable. The plan is to "boxset" of an evening.

I was gifted The Wire and GOT on Blu-Ray a few years back so that was/is first port of call.

Been hawking for stuff since and I've had great success. Was at the Wexford market weeks ago and saw The West Wing S1-S7. €3 per boxset so I haggled the lot for €18. I also got Breaking Bad S1-S5 in Oxfam for €10.

Now we have the mother load. Was at the Dundrum Car boot and at one of the many stalls with boxes full of DVDs I noticed The Sopranos full set.

Shag "How much for your DVDs?"

Lady "€1 each.......feck it €0.50 each?"

Shag "(shock) Even the boxsets?"

Lady "Yeah sure go on even the boxsets".

I sheepishly lifted the six cases and handed €3. She half jokingly said "thanks for robbing me".

Haven't worked out the bang for buck but I know a haul of The West Wing/Breaking Bad and The Sopranos for €30 is phenomenal.

Have only seen a handful of episodes of each but know quality is guaranteed. Should be finished by about 2020 :)

Now that is what you call a bargain, I think the Sopranos boxset in stores has been the same price now for years. Think I may hit up some markets or car boot sales this weekend haha.

Should definitely go check out CEX, I'm not sure if they do boxsets but the DVDs are extremely cheap and they stock a lot of foreign films and I think they often have some wrestling dvds too.

Advertisement