Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I've 59 pts from 10 players but I will have Capoue come in off the bench so it's really 68 pts.

I'm raging though that I've Heaton (10 pts) and Morgan (6 pts) who won't come in. Can't believe neither Liverpool nor Arsenal scored!

Burnley had 19% possession. The lowest since opta stats began for a winning team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Burnley had 19% possession. The lowest since opta stats began for a winning team.

Even better! Sick of listening to pool fans last season (I'm United) talking about how when we dominate possession and don't win matchs shows how poor we must be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

In the market for a new phone. Thoughts on Huawei? They're much cheaper than brand names and seem too good to be true. Surely they're made with similar components in China?

Ageyev wrote: »
    In the market for a new phone. Thoughts on Huawei? They're much cheaper than brand names and seem too good to be true. Surely they're made with similar components in China?

Have a g7 for work.. It's ok.. Noting special. I'm an apple head but the best Android phones are the Moto G or the one plus 3.

I got the Moto g4 for E180 from Argos. Honestly it's a brilliant phone for the price. Even my friends with more expensive phones think it's great for it's price range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It's really the price that's selling me. I don't want to launch a space shuttle with it like. I did a comparison on Carphone Warehouse and what they can do suits me.

Any tips on protecting the screen from cracks? It's the biggest thing I'm worried about

It's really the price that's selling me. I don't want to launch a space shuttle with it like. I did a comparison on Carphone Warehouse and what they can do suits me.

Any tips on protecting the screen from cracks? It's the biggest thing I'm worried about

Go with the Moto G so. For 50 extra quid your getting a top phone that won't slow down in 6 months and is very durable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Played crap all the way up to the final but they there in the final all the same. Mayo for sam believe me it's going to happen this year. Kerry to beat Dublin next week and mayo to beat them in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Played crap all the way up to the final but they there in the final all the same. Mayo for sam believe me it's going to happen this year. Kerry to beat Dublin next week and mayo to beat them in the final

Hmm nope, not a chance.. Either Kerry or Dublin will out class them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Dublin will easily account for Kerry and still go in with pundits wondering if they're the same side as last season. They'll beat Mayo easily. Mayo have a lot of weak links in that panel (they lost to us ffs). Nothing from that performance today would give me hope if I was a Mayo fan.

• Advertisement

Dublin will easily account for Kerry and still go in with pundits wondering if they're the same side as last season. They'll beat Mayo easily. Mayo have a lot of weak links in that panel (they lost to us ffs). Nothing from that performance today would give me hope if I was a Mayo fan.

An All Ireland final is an all ireland final, the colour and excitment around the countys in it is brillent. Nothing more exciting than heading to Dublin/Thurles in September. U win than its an all out party, lose than there is obv disapointment but its a great achievement to get there and 30 other countys would love that chance

Here in Waterford it could/should of been us heading for the hurling final in 2 weeks but it was not meant to be. ourselves and Galway are in an under 21 AI final on the 10th sep and the players deserve a bit of hype at home going into it

Dublin are beatable i think and nobody better than Kerry to do it

You say an All Ireland is an All Ireland but there's huge similarities between Galway in hurling and Mayo in football. There's a massive mental barrier to overcome and Dublin absolutely aren't Kilkenny from 2006-present but Mayo have 50+ years without an AI win. That has a huge effect on the players. I just don't think Mayo have any sort of a FB-line or a midfield dominant enough to win in September. When Andy Moran is a marquee forward you're in big trouble imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kerry are poor by their standards tbh. Donaghy is no midfielder & a lot of pressure on the forwards to deliver as the backs won't.
    Handy all Ireland there for Dublin as the standard is fairly bad in the football.

You say an All Ireland is an All Ireland but there's huge similarities between Galway in hurling and Mayo in football. There's a massive mental barrier to overcome and Dublin absolutely aren't Kilkenny from 2006-present but Mayo have 50+ years without an AI win. That has a huge effect on the players. I just don't think Mayo have any sort of a FB-line or a midfield dominant enough to win in September. When Andy Moran is a marquee forward you're in big trouble imo.

think they will do it. Want a bet. U name a charity and ill donate 5 euro if Mayo lose the final and if Mayo win the final ill name a charity and u can donate 5 euro ???

bit of fun and games

think they will do it. Want a bet. U name a charity and ill donate 5 euro if Mayo lose the final and if Mayo win the final ill name a charity and u can donate 5 euro ???

bit of fun and games

Absolutely. I'll happily donate €20 to a charity of your choosing if Kerry win next week and raise it to €40 if Mayo win in September. If Mayo beat Dublin I'd be sound to donate 40 to charity tbh. Do you mind if I research my charity a little bit beforehand because the ones I've been donating to have been outed as dodgy recently?

Absolutely. I'll happily donate €20 to a charity of your choosing if Kerry win next week and raise it to €40 if Mayo win in September. If Mayo beat Dublin I'd be sound to donate 40 to charity tbh. Do you mind if I research my charity a little bit beforehand because the ones I've been donating to have been outed as dodgy recently?

yeah PM to remind me of this. As a Waterford i hope all you u in Galway will be saying What if ?? on the 10th of September lol.

Kerry are capable of catching dublin even with this non vintage crop. It's possible Maher will be brought back into mid field and donaghy pushed up the park.

I do think whoever wins that semi wins the final also.

yeah PM to remind me of this. As a Waterford i hope all you u in Galway will be saying What if ?? on the 10th of September lol.
    I hearby declare that the OT threat title name be renamed to remind us both.

I'd love Tipp to pip KK but there's just no player who's been consistently on the KK team in the last 4 years that isn't capable of being a game changer in the heat of an All-Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Kerry are capable of catching dublin even with this non vintage crop. It's possible Maher will be brought back into mid field and donaghy pushed up the park.

I do think whoever wins that semi wins the final also.

Mayo's only chance is that the other team believes they have won before the throw in cause of the curse but neither are that unprofessional.
    What happened Tommy Walsh?
    I expected him to be back in the panel by now but he made himself unavailable for selection

ERG89 wrote: »
    Mayo's only chance is that the other team believes they have won before the throw in cause of the curse but neither are that unprofessional.
    What happened Tommy Walsh?
    I expected him to be back in the panel by now but he made himself unavailable for selection

He's too busy admiring himself in the mirror*

.no idea hope its nothing serious but he hasn't seemed to put his heart into it at all lately.

• Advertisement

I hearby declare that the OT threat title name be renamed to remind us both.

I'd love Tipp to pip KK but there's just no player who's been consistently on the KK team in the last 4 years that isn't capable of being a game changer in the heat of an All-Ireland final.

Rather none of them win TBH but think Kilkenny will win it late on in the game. Hogan and Tj Reid can win a game on there own

Apparently there's a warrant out for John Delaney now also linked to the ticket scandal.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/brazilian-police-seek-to-seize-john-delaney-s-passport-1.2763730

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Smashed my phone screen the other day, when I went to buy a new one the lady in the shop recommended I go with a Moto G, but to come back in a few days as they were out of stock.

Had to get one on the day so went with the budget Samsung. Good phone so far, way ahead of my old Sony one. Didn't realise how out of date that was if a budget phone can be so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads, do any of ye know if there's a soccer equivalent to the Ultimate Rugby App? Basically looking for something so that I can keep track of when multiple teams are playing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lads, do any of ye know if there's a soccer equivalent to the Ultimate Rugby App? Basically looking for something so that I can keep track of when multiple teams are playing.

Something like LiveScore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

An File wrote: »
    Something like LiveScore?
    Nah I already have that. Ultimate Rugby allows you to follow teams and their games will show up in a feed in order. Each game has a chat room, shows the line-ups, statistics and provides a text commentary also. It's a mighty app and I'd love a soccer equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Onefootball app.

Tracks all major leagues and cups from around the world live scores and lineups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The fantasy football app this season is free, has lineups, stats, match info, articles & you can select teams to receive notifications about. And easy access to your fantasy football team of course. Main drawback is it's Premier League only

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Have a silly question I need answering, hopefully someone can help, regarding Dublin Airport, is Terminal 1 the first building that can be seen coming into the airport by bus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Have a silly question I need answering, hopefully someone can help, regarding Dublin Airport, is Terminal 1 the first building that can be seen coming into the airport by bus?

Nope that is T2

Advertisement