Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nope that is T2

So T1 is after T2? Just wanna make sure so I don't get out at the wrong terminal..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So T1 is after T2? Just wanna make sure so I don't get out at the wrong terminal..

Yea you see T2 first , then T1 after. Pretty sure only Aer Lingus only fly from T2 (but could be wrong)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Yeah. T2 is a really new and shiny building so just don't go in that one. The bus stops at t2 first so just stay on til t1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yea you see T2 first , then T1 after. Pretty sure only Aer Lingus only fly from T2 (but could be wrong)
    Yeah. T2 is a really new and shiny building so just don't go in that one. The bus stops at t2 first so just stay on til t1

Cheers fellas, going abroad solo is daunting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cheers fellas, going abroad solo is daunting.

Ah i feel ya , I was the same when i went to NYC few years ago . I was literally like a lost child when i got to the airport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Like Shagnastii a few posts back I got a nice few bargains myself today at HMV's closing down sale. Everything is 70% off and I got:

The 40 Year-Old Virgin,
    Team America,
    Forgetting Sarah Marshall,
    Dallas Buyers Club,
    I'm Gonna Git You Sucka,
    Suits Seasons 1, 2 & 3.

All for €24.30. If I was to pay full price it would have been €80.39. Delighted with the deal especially when you consider that one season of Suits was €14.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Get your own UFC fighter nickname here:
    http://www.fighternickname.com

Mine is terrible.

"The Trash Compactor"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

"Sensai"???

Velly velly goooood nickname.

*does that racist slanty eye thing*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My nickname was "Air Raid" yeahhhhh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Flamethrower oooo yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The comeback kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nightmare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I have found that ever since CEX have been doing better than GameStop, there prices have gone up dramatically. Golden Discs always has boxsets for cheap though, like was trying to grab my Mam season 9 of Supernatural. It was 22 euro secondhand in CEX so went over to Golden Discs to see how much it was new. 15 euro. Also, was looking for Dark Souls 3 a while back and it was 60 quid used in CEX and 55 new in Smyths, with a downloadable copy of Dark Souls.

Got Arrested Development season 3 for 75c in CEX but yes they wanted 22 euros for Supernatural season 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Got Arrested Development season 3 for 75c in CEX but yes they wanted 22 euros for Supernatural season 9

Arrested Development is easily one of my favorite comedy's ever. Its almost too clever for its own good. Pity about season 4 though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Arrested Development is easily one of my favorite comedy's ever. Its almost too clever for its own good. Pity about season 4 though :(
    Ehhh, I found it funny, but not particularly endearing on the level of Seinfeld, Simpsons, Futurama (in fact, I would say that it was the bigger loss by the time it was axed), and more recently, Rick and Morty, and Bob's Burgers. By the time the third series came about, the whole thing was really starting to wear thin on me. A fun filled 22 minutes, but...that's all I ever saw it being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what are the chances Dundalk will be the same group as Man utd in the Europa league ??

consider going to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah; the extensive wordplay and callbacks is incredible; it's tighter than those old incredible British Sitcoms like Blackadder. They're actually re-editing S4 into more 22-minute episodes and cutting out around half an hour from the total; hopefully it makes it a better season.

I'd class S4 as the most intricate puzzle ever devised, but it's nowhere the funniest, which is what matters with a sitcom. Tucking away GOB's and Tobias's storylines until later in the season was a huge mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what are the chances Dundalk will be the same group as Man utd in the Europa league ??

consider going to that
    12 groups to me made, so 1/12 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yeah; the extensive wordplay and callbacks is incredible; it's tighter than those old incredible British Sitcoms like Blackadder. They're actually re-editing S4 into more 22-minute episodes and cutting out around half an hour from the total; hopefully it makes it a better season.

I'd class S4 as the most intricate puzzle ever devised, but it's nowhere the funniest, which is what matters with a sitcom. Tucking away GOB's and Tobias's storylines until later in the season was a huge mistake!

I see what ya did there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I see what ya did there ;)

Say goodbye to these! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Looking for a cheap phone to get whatsap on it. Any recommendation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

cena wrote: »
    Looking for a cheap phone to get whatsap on it. Any recommendation?

If you are looking for something pretty simple, Aldi had a smartphone coming up for sale for €99 or something not far off that price

Here ya go

https://www.aldi.ie/medion%C2%AE-life%C2%AE-e5005-5%22-smartphone/p/093831056306500

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    If you are looking for something pretty simple, Aldi had a smartphone coming up for sale for €99 or something not far off that price

Here ya go

https://www.aldi.ie/medion%C2%AE-life%C2%AE-e5005-5%22-smartphone/p/093831056306500

was thinking cheaper.

cena wrote: »
    was thinking cheaper.

http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-first-7-pay-as-you-go/Black

If Vodafone network isn't a problem this should do the trick.€39

Kankan14 wrote: »
    http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/vodafone-smart-first-7-pay-as-you-go/Black

If Vodafone network isn't a problem this should do the trick.€39

As long as it can get whatsap that would do the trick. I have a phone just too old that app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think Dundalk will get a middle of the road group with 3 average teams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think Dundalk will get a middle of the road group with 3 average teams

Zenit (Russia), AZ (Netherlands), M. Tel-Aviv (Israel)

Pretty sure I'm watching too much PW.

I was scouting SkySportsNews checking for team news for my FF team and when the Middlesbrough manager said George friend was a doubt I thought it was a work!

For a finish I wildcarded. Interesting weekend ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

https://twitter.com/OOCVince

Is this what the "OOC" of Mr. OOC means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Has boards layout changed completely in the last few hours? Or is it because I'm overseas?

Advertisement