Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Has boards layout changed completely in the last few hours? Or is it because I'm overseas?

I think it's because your overseas. Overseas don't support the legacy site which is being phased out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's a horrible ugly crap new layout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Assuming yer all talking about the one I immediately changed back to "The Legacy" site from a couple of months ago. Not a fan at all, although I do use it on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kerry very unlucky but Dublin showed why they are champions never giving up, not panicking etc. Still think Mayo will beat them on the 18th sep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Kerry very unlucky but Dublin showed why they are champions never giving up, not panicking etc. Still think Mayo will beat them on the 18th sep

It was a great game. I thought we were going to cruise it after the first twenty odd minutes but then Kerry came back into it to lead at the break.

I fancy we'll win the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

https://twitter.com/OOCVince Is this what the "OOC" of Mr. OOC means?

Ha ha ha! That twitter is phenomenal. It only does video clips so I'm sure WWE will strike it down when it gets too popular :( Saddened it didn't have OOC's Vince impression OHMYYYYYGODREEEEERRUUUUURRRUUUU

ps O.O.C. stands for "Out Of Character" :) From our e-fedding days, there was an in-character forum (where you cut your promos) and an out of character forum ('backstage' where you chat about the shows, discuss/help each other's promos). Steve was always OOC :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Convince this rascal to get flight insurance for going to Merickay in winter please. It's Aer Lingus but I've never flown somewhere when I know it'll be absolutely baltic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Convince this rascal to get flight insurance for going to Merickay in winter please. It's Aer Lingus but I've never flown somewhere when I know it'll be absolutely baltic.

Hey DB - you rascal you. Get you some flight insurance, you rascally scamp. Also, travel insurance in general. Don't be one of those "I never thought it'd happen to me" statistic guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Travelling to USA without travel insurance is just plain stupid tbh. Its not that expensive and should something bad happen and you end up in hospital over there you are covered. If you are not covered, you may need another mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gimmick wrote: »
    Travelling to USA without travel insurance is just plain stupid tbh. Its not that expensive and should something bad happen and you end up in hospital over there you are covered. If you are not covered, you may need another mortgage.

plus 1..... for the sake of 100 quid (at most, im sure you can get it much cheaper), it could save you a bundle if anything bad ever happened.

Nothing ever bad happened me but if it does, depending on the country it can be very costly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My brother got bad kidney stones out of the blue in America a few years back. Having the insurance saved our ass in a massive, massive way. One of those things that I never go abroad without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Great to see Limerick FC promoted back to the Premier Division, looking forward to seeing the big teams again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cheers lads. Found out it's only 50 bean. Dunno why I thought it was 300-400.

Amazing to think the road to russia 2018 starts next Monday so soon after the euros

We travel to Serbia and this is a very tough start. A draw would be a good result. Austria play Georgia and Wales travel to Moldova

2morrow we say farewell to the legend that is Robbie Keane. A great player for us although he had a few mares in the Jersey he gave his all and was a great captain. All the best to him for the rest of his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,843 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It would be great to see Robbie stick in a hat trick tomorrow and finish his international career in style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great to see Limerick FC promoted back to the Premier Division, looking forward to seeing the big teams again.

If you're ever looking to have a pint with a semi-friendly face when you guys play Bohs home or away PM me on here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It would be great to see Robbie stick in a hat trick tomorrow and finish his international career in style

And to see his usual goal celebration in an Ireland shirt one last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Brilliant that he is getting such a send off. I'd imagine it will be such a moment for him.

One of our greatest. If you think of Robbie Keane- one think of him in no other jersey than an Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 DeiseMan4

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Brilliant that he is getting such a send off. I'd imagine it will be such a moment for him.

One of our greatest. If you think of Robbie Keane- one think of him in no other jersey than an Irish one.

And the L.A. Galaxy ad in the indo was just some gesture on their part. Some homage to the man who captivated a nation back in '02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DeiseMan4 wrote: »
    And the L.A. Galaxy ad in the indo was just some gesture on their part. Some homage to the man who captivated a nation back in '02

Stephen Hunts article on the other hand..... ill try find the link, he isnt all that keane on Robbie

http://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/stephen-hunt-when-robbie-keane-scored-a-goal-he-almost-turned-into-cristiano-ronaldo-35000931.html

• Advertisement

The big guy who always paints himself fully green for the ireland matches (you always see him on the tv), is he the same guy that paints himself blue for the Dublin GAA matches ???

always wondering

How close are Ireland to hosting a real NFL game ??? The college classic is on today in the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fair play to Tipp. Won comfortably today. Was surprised it was so decisive.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How close are Ireland to hosting a real NFL game ??? The college classic is on today in the Aviva

I went to the Bears vs Steelers in croke park in 97. Just a pre season game though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Dan Rooney- big time politician is the US, Irish Ambassador to the USA and owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers is seemly pushing hard for it I believe.

Think it was Newstalk's Off The Ball that interviewed him if I'm correct.

Been a lot of college football the last few years so they're definitely dipping their toes. Looking at the rip-roaring success that has become NFL @ Wembley I'd say it could only be a matter of time.

Quite enjoying 'all or nothing' a season with the Arizona Cardinals. Not a huge American football fan either

Congrats to Tipperary on both there senior and minor AI wins brillent performances and a great year for Gaa there with the heroics of there senior football team

Hopefully Waterford beat Galway nxt Saturday in the Under 21 final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Working nights has meant I got to see all the us open tennis. Such a great sport. The only killer now is do I fight sleep tomorrow morning and stay up for the Manchester Derby or try a power nap before it. Danger there either way is I'll be too sleepy to take in the game properly whichever I choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Has anyone here gone over to a premier league match? Im hoping to go to old Trafford for a match and wondered how easy hard and expensive tickets are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Has anyone here gone over to a premier league match? Im hoping to go to old Trafford for a match and wondered how easy hard and expensive tickets are

There's a thread about tickets where lads swap and share and sell them

Generally getting tickets isn't too difficult but don't expect to get them for Liverpool arsenal etc. aim for a lower level team/fixture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There's a thread about tickets where lads swap and share and sell them

Generally getting tickets isn't too difficult but don't expect to get them for Liverpool arsenal etc. aim for a lower level team/fixture

I'm heading over in December anyway I think it's the same weekend as the Tottenham match. Si we'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone

Advertisement