Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm heading over in December anyway I think it's the same weekend as the Tottenham match. Si we'd like to kill 2 birds with one stone

Could be tough getting tickets for that game but go over to the thread and ask anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

From my own experience 2 years ago, I took a few tickets off a lad maybe twice/three times a year. (Lovely lad and as it turned out we had a mutual mate.) I built up a good relationship when taking tickets off him and it paid off when it came to United v Pool later that year as he offered me his 2nd ticket.

The thread is much cheaper and convenient than paying a travel agent but you may find it hard to get big games at first but if you get a few smaller ones in and show your honest and reliable, you may get a chance at some bigger games.

Making contacts is key!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hopefully Waterford beat Galway nxt Saturday in the Under 21 final

Ye might wipe us off the pitch tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ye might wipe us off the pitch tbh.

Waterford and victories in All Ireland finals (at any level) don't really go too plan much and anything can happen in Hurling. This is not a bad Galway side and have nothing to lose. The ****ty weather will suite ye more.

We need it more TBH than Galway after the near falls of the seniors this year (narrow league final replay defeat, heavy Munster final defeat and the narrow kilkenny defeat) but Galway had there bad times this year that the under 21s will want to add a bit of gloss too .

Best of luck anyway and hopefully we get a good game

• Advertisement

We need it more TBH than Galway after the near falls of the seniors this year (narrow league final replay defeat, heavy Munster final defeat and the narrow kilkenny defeat) but Galway had there bad times this year that the under 21s will want to add a bit of gloss too .

Best of luck anyway and hopefully we get a good game
    I don't think it's a good Galway side. They bombed a lot of wides and there's always that half-cooked element where they've automatically reached a semi-final when they don't deserve to. The only optimism I'd have is that Brannigan (who played senior football and was great before the Tipp implosion) is one of our better players and is on the bench (not sure Whelan will start though).

If any county deserves success this year it's Waterford. Hopefully it'll be a great game as you said and absolute wouldn't begrudge Blaas the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Cracked did another one of their photo editing contests (this time movie posters)...and I couldn't help but think of "WAVY TREES!" when I saw this one.

572370_v1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Has anyone here gone over to a premier league match? Im hoping to go to old Trafford for a match and wondered how easy hard and expensive tickets are

I've been to OT and found it soulless as f*ck. Loads of day tripping people taking pictures for 90 mins with their United Superstore merch and barely making a sound. I've been to Celtic Park on a wet Wednesday to watch them play Falkirk (my mate was playing for Falkirk) and the place was hopping all night. Just my experience.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've been to OT and found it soulless as f*ck. Loads of day tripping people taking pictures for 90 mins with their United Superstore merch and barely making a sound. I've been to Celtic Park on a wet Wednesday to watch them play Falkirk (my mate was playing for Falkirk) and the place was hopping all night. Just my experience.

Depends where you sit and with 90,000 people there of course there'll be blow ins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Omackeral wrote: »

I disagree. I've been to Celtic park also and it can be equally as soulless. Its dependant on opposition and results.

I've done OT for liverpool (magic) real Madrid with ronaldo (out of this world) Chelsea under Jose the first time (brilliant) Charlton (terrible, standard 2-0 win back in the day) and Portsmouth the same. I've seen many other games there that were only half decent including spurs, Everton and villa.

I've been to the emerates ewood park and Upton park also. Only Upton park truly was hopping for 90mins

Hoping this second half carries on the way the first ended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Phone problems, wondering if any of ye could help.
    I've an iPhone 4s that I got from my mother. It's been around with a long time but always worked well.
    Thursday morning I went into work on 100% battery but a while later when I went to check the time it was black and wouldn't turn on. I put it on charge for a while and still no good. This morning I checked it again and pressed the button on top and it flashed the screen to say the battery is low and needs to be plugged in. When I plug it in it shows up this screen but doesn't say that it's charging. It's been charging with a good while now and it hasn't budged. I've tried different chargers also and my laptop didn't pick it up when I plugged it in.
    Is it dead?

Very happy Waterford man tonight. Although we fell asleep a bit in the 2nd half we scored some amazing goals and never looked like losing. Galway never gave up and that will stand to those guys. Our 3rd and 5ths goals were outstanding

Let's hope with the hurling talent we have in Waterford the big one will be crossing the bridge soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sounds like the battery is dead AG. You could try get it replaced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sounds like the battery is dead AG. You could try get it replaced?
    I somehow managed to resurrect it, I ended up getting an iPhone 5 anyway because that phone was on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Grim news coming out of kilkee. I've spent many a summers day there. Those search and rescue crews really are true life heroes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Grim news coming out of kilkee. I've spent many a summers day there. Those search and rescue crews really are true life heroes.

Spent so many summers there myself too and the folks have a place there at the moment so I had to immediately google Kilkee for news when I read this. Sad news indeed.

PRO WRESTLING BOARDS OFF TOPIC ALL IRELAND FOOTBALL FINAL CHARITY CHALLENGE

PTH2009

Mayo_crest.JPG

VS

Diabhal Beag

logo-20140709-1.png

whichever team loses on sunday that boards user will have to donate to a charity of the winners choosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Galway have now lost so many finals he's going to be a Dub for a day :(

My dislike for all things Mayo has been reignited with a passion this year. This match will be a choice between breaking your nose or your hand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I want Mayo to win for two reasons: I'm tired of seeing them lose finals, and I hate Dublin.

• Advertisement

ah those nostalgic feelings ;);)

must of listened to this song about 10 times a day when i was 15

remember there was a band called HIM who were huge back in my teenage years. 2003-2007 some of the best/worst times of my life :D

when i think about my teenage years they were rather dull tbh compared my adult years. didnt really go to concerts, games, pubs back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Europa League Results

Dutch Club 1 v Dundalk 1
    Dutch Club 1 v Man United 0

Dundalk > United

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ah those nostalgic feelings ;);)

must of listened to this song about 10 times a day when i was 15

remember there was a band called HIM who were huge back in my teenage years. 2003-2007 some of the best/worst times of my life :D

when i think about my teenage years they were rather dull tbh compared my adult years. didnt really go to concerts, games, pubs back then.

Ah Jimmy are still going and are a great band to grow up on . HIM on the other hand were a bit iffy even though i did like a few of their songs back in the day.

PTH same bet for Saturday week I presume?

Felt awfully reminiscent of Mayo last year against Dublin in the semi where they were much better but could never pull the finger out to actually win. Those own goals were farcical and McLaughlin and Sheamy O'Shea were putrid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I don't really follow GAA at all, but did I read that because the finals was a draw, there's a replay? I'll be honest, that sort of blows my mind a bit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, I don't really follow GAA at all, but did I read that because the finals was a draw, there's a replay? I'll be honest, that sort of blows my mind a bit....

Makes some serious coinage for the gaa when any of the all Irelands finish in a draw. I remember when Limerick and Tipp had to play each other three times to settle the Munster senior semi final in 07, three cracking games too.

PTH same bet for Saturday week I presume?

Felt awfully reminiscent of Mayo last year against Dublin in the semi where they were much better but could never pull the finger out to actually win. Those own goals were farcical and McLaughlin and Sheamy O'Shea were putrid.

Yeah we will carry are bet over

Simple mistakes such as those own goals cost Mayo but thankfully for them they didn't lose the game.

The game reminded me of the drawn Kilkenny vs Waterford hurling semi final where Waterford had the chance to win the game but just could not get over the line. Dublin were shocking in the first 30 mins of the 1st half and only stayed in the game because of those 2 own goals. Dublin will not be that bad again

Still think Mayo will win the replay. Poor Rte will have to rewrite the script for the Sunday game tonight

I don't really mind replays too much. You get another week/fortnight of hype and excitement before a long winter of no intercounty action. Tickets tend to free up a bit because people flying in from other countries won't be there for a second game. You also rule out the "undeserving winner" aspect because the better side over two games is the better side.
    The game reminded me of the drawn Kilkenny vs Waterford hurling semi final where Waterford had the chance to win the game but just could not get over the line. Dublin were shocking in the first 30 mins of the 1st half and only stayed in the game because of those 2 own goals. Dublin will not be that bad again
    Thought this was a really dour game in terms of skill and class. Small was teh only good player on either side imo. Waterford game had outstanding quality on show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any tech savvy mobile phone heads here, is a reset all I can do to try if Lumia keypad wont work or should I just take to Nokia repair centre, any help greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Are there any Nokia centres left? Used to be one on Dawson St but closed years ago. Try wherever you bought it or Carphone Warehouse maybe but an issue like that is maybe something that needs a reset but I'm not au fait with Lumias. Point of sale return for a repair or a reset is what I'd do on any phone unless you wanna try invoke legal consumer rights via small claims court - do smartphones even cover this :/ ?

I'd suggest googling the likes of XDA forums but you're unlikely to get a solid answer, just more questions.

Advertisement