Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

On holiday in Albufeira at the mo. 28 degrees today. Never enjoyed the sun so much. Also helps that the little lad had a ball in the swimming pool. Beach tomorrow and then AquaMarine on Thursday :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LeeJM wrote: »
    On holiday in Albufeira at the mo. 28 degrees today. Never enjoyed the sun so much. Also helps that the little lad had a ball in the swimming pool. Beach tomorrow and then AquaMarine on Thursday :-)

Enjoy but btw where is that :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Enjoy but btw where is that :o

Portugal. Its like Spain but with less drunken ar$eholes

It does sound like maybe it could be a Portuguese footballer :p

It does like maybe it could be a Portuguese footballer :p

If Albufiera was a Portugueae footballer it would be Ricardo Carvalho, unspectacular but always gets the job done :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

↑^^^^^^^^^^^^↑

Hate him or love him.

He is walking, talking box office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

"Who the F is that guy?!!!!"

I nearly died when he said that. The delivery was perfect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ShagNastii wrote: »
    "Who the F is that guy?!!!!"

I nearly died when he said that. The delivery was perfect.

Yeah that one got me too, not to mention all the other fighters, Dana and the crowd in attendance (who were eating up everything Conor had to say).

It's amazing that he is such a natural. It IS his personality. So often when some fighters try to talk smash that come across soooo lame and conpletely try hard.

Think Stevens is clearly gunning to get on Conor's radar. Get back in your box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It'll always astound me how rare a charismatic fighter is to find in combat sport. Even in boxing you have dullards like Anthony Joshua who you could literally fall asleep listening to when they speak. I feel like that's a point driven even further home when we've had such in interest in graps and seemingly have people who prefer ratings/gate info than the actual shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Huge congrats to dundalk. Very good chance of making the nxt round

Hopefully the boys in green will collect 6 pts nxt Thursday and Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Unreal. And worth every point, they were warriors tonight.

360,000 for winning tonight
    110,000 for winning the league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just in the door and I'm not sure what's more amazing - that Dundalk just won a group stage game or that I'm not even surprised by it. The better team in both games, 4 points on the board and 2nd in the group. It's 10 years this season since we were denied promotion by the FAI after beating Waterford in a playoff, a lot can change in a decade.

JFK question here:
    So I have an 8 hour layover in JFK later in the year. Arrive from Chicago at 9 in the morning and heading back to Ireland at 5.30. Is there enough time there to do anything in the city? Would I be better off just waiting at the airport considering I'll have a few bags on me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Stay put. In new York you need two days to do anything.

Stay put. Work on the premise that you will be delayed arriving to JFK. Then you will more than likely need to change terminal which could take between 30-60 mins. Then there is picking up and checking bags in. Security to pass. No all going smooth that may all be an hour or it could be a pain and take 2 or more hours. Also JFK is massive so you will have plenty of shopping to do in your terminal if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gibraltar will win a World Cup before Mayo bother to win an All Ireland. Only managed to see the last 5 minutes but it's hard to feel surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only saw the 2nd half of the replay. The curse must be true how can mayo be so unlucky and keep falling before the line ???. It's hard to see them winning it now but the motivation will be there

Congrats to Dublin, a class above the rest and will be there for years too come

Hey Dh beag I shall pay the €5 to the Wheelchair association of ireland in due course (paid now receipt attached)

Sound job boys and thanks a million PTH. A very worthwhile cause.

What to do with Mayo though? It's like Galway in the hurling where at some stage you honestly have to sit down and admit there's a mental block inherited from generations of failure in All-Ireland finals. Don't believe the curse but believe the negative thought process leading up to the biggest day.*

*That said I was shouting against them yesterday :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Longford, the only team to beat Dublin this year (even if it was the O'Byrne cup :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The curse really does like it's real.

Tesco selling off dvds and cds, mix any 5 for €10 includes box sets and games for €10 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tesco selling off dvds and cds, mix any 5 for €10 includes box sets and games for €10 each

Did ya pick up anything decent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This was meant to happen Thursday. Postponed to Friday. Postponed again until Saturday.

I got in Saturday afternoon, and all the good stuff was gone. I did get 5 games for the PS4 however

Bloodborne
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Final Fantasy Type 0 HD
    Project Cars
    Mortal Kombat X

Not a bad haul for €50.

Sickeningly though, the profiteers are out in force. One smarmy guy over on Adverts has pics of all the copies of COD Black Ops 3 that he picked up. He literally took every copy, and is selling all for €35 each - a €25 profit.

Someone pointed out that they are a tenner in Tescos - his response? "Sold out that morning to people Like me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

don't worry, pretty much none of the games put up by him, or anyone else are selling.

Ya'd kinda want to bid for the games and arrange to meet in town only to no show.

Knock Johnny "Smarter than you" off her/his perch. Complete tool box move. I'm sure many did it or even went to CEX for trade-ins.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Did ya pick up anything decent?

Alias box set, Suits box set, MI 5 Rogue Nation dvd, Moone Boy box set and Jurassic World dvd all for 10 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Plenty of you lot are Twitter savvy I'm sure. Why are people posting pictures with no text except 'h'? I've only noticed it the last few days and I'm not cool enough to keep up :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Went into my local Tesco just to see what they had in the line of games. There was actually a few PS2 games in the mix, which was surprising to see.

Advertisement