Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just met Mayne Bloody Rayder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I've seen more creativity and flair in Big Show and Kane matches than in Man United's central midfield in the last 2 games. How they justify spending 70 million on Di Maria with jobbers like Cleverly, Fletcher and Fellani in the middle of the park is beyond me.:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I've seen more creativity and flair in Big Show and Kane matches than in Man United's central midfield in the last 2 games. How they justify spending 70 million on Di Maria with jobbers like Cleverly, Fletcher and Fellani in the middle of the park is beyond me.:confused:

If he signs the gulf in talent between their attacking players and their defensive players is just massive.

RVP, Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, Kagawa, januzaj etc = Champions league quality

their defensive players do not (plus Kagawa will prob have to leave to get games)

Having said that if they flash the cash even more (without CL or the likelihood that they will compete to win the prem this year) and get a top DM they could be alright when they get some back from injury though personally if I was a fan id probably want another CB too as they have a few who arent bad but are just below the standard required imo.

Our midfield is bad but sadly, our attacking options aren't showing anything recently. Rooney in particular has looked like he isn't bothered at all for so long, and Young and Valencia are dire.

CM is a bigger concern area, but a new winger is pretty high on the list too. Happily take DiMaria right now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Our midfield is bad but sadly, our attacking options aren't showing anything recently. Rooney in particular has looked like he isn't bothered at all for so long, and Young and Valencia are dire.

CM is a bigger concern area, but a new winger is pretty high on the list too. Happily take DiMaria right now.

I guess it all depends Van Gaal's tactics but if its 5-3-2 as now`then I have no idea where a DiMaria would fit as there are no wingers, Valencia & Young are WBs atm for example but if he switches to 4-3-3 Monseuir rooney will probably get kicked out to the wing.

either way a take no prisoners DM is badly needed, Arsenal need the same too tbh although maybe they are looking for a different style of DM hence youve been linked to different ones

Arsenal: Khedira, Carvahlo
    Utd: De Jong, Vidal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

There's no guarantee that Di Maria won't pull a Mata either though. I love Mata but you'd be looking for a lot more for what they paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

If I see any more ice this weekend on Facebook i'll never have ice again in my drink!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Poor United getting hammered 3-0 against MK Dons. Poor Lord TSC....

Garseys wrote: »
    Poor United getting hammered 3-0 against MK Dons. Poor Lord TSC....

I don't drink, but am heavily tempted to find some vodka right now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

What in the actual **** is going on? :pac:

• Advertisement

Starting to like United now since Moyesie was appointed. They just keep donating their dignity on every occasion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bv_h0kqCcAAz0x3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Dismal utterly dismal. Its given my Facebook friends who are pool fans something to talk about after being oddly silent last night....

As for people calling for LVG to be sacked what a load of bollox.

Petty sure we are at rock bottom now, only way is up!

Only idiots will be calling for his head already. Given the team out tonight,mi would say only one will start the next game, and he hasn't even had a chance to play any new players yet.

God bless Van Gaal. He's having an absolute ****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

God bless Van Gaal. He's having an absolute ****er.

Moyes had a better start than LVG is having.

United being awful makes him look better too so his job opportunities will open up. The man deserved better.

Fingers crossed the fact we have six first team players not playing right now is having a bit of an impact....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Chelsea Everton match on now is great. Costa is the signing of the Summer so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

• Advertisement

hahaha. I'm not into the GAA at all. What's the context there - was he just after the ref?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Deadlie wrote: »
    hahaha. I'm not into the GAA at all. What's the context there - was he just after the ref?

Neither am I. Just flicked to it after the Chelsea game.

There was a bit of a kerfuffle and then this dude came on to confront the ref. His wife/daughter even came on to try and get him off.

Took at least 8 stewards to remove him.

Amazing. Like Jerry Springer meets the GAA.
    Heard it was a good match, anyway. That Chelsea game was amazing. End to end til Chelsea got the 5th

At least I can take solace in the fact X Factor is back!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah bollocks, why can't that show just die?

Angron wrote: »
    Ah bollocks, why can't that show just die?

-exit-GIF.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yay the countdown to Christmas begins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How is it still on tv? Pure crap along with all them other shows like strictly, big brother, I'm a celebrity etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I don't watch the show but millions of people do. There'll always be something that annoys you on TV. I don't understand why it's so difficult to, you know, not watch the show? Just sandbag it.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't watch the show but millions of people do. There'll always be something that annoys you on TV. I don't understand why it's so difficult to, you know, not watch the show? Just sandbag it.

Agreed.

I love X Factor. Not as good as it used to be, but still great fun when it comes to mindless Saturday night entertainment. Plenty of shows I don't "get" but if people like, I'm happy to see them continue. And the reality is it's still one of the most watched shows on TV at the moment.

I especially love when wrestling fans, of all people, start launching attacks on it, as if they don't have the experience of other people going "What? You like THAT! Weirdo...." :P

Advertisement