Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was all Fifa 15s by the time I got in. Did spot a rogue Destiny for the PS4 in the basket, but already have two copies myself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Scrappy and very lucky 1-0 win last night

Moldova On Sunday will be tougher than we realize but Serbia won 3-0 there last night. Brady (very scary looking at him last night after his injury, god knws how his family were feeling at that time), Hendrick and Long out are pretty big blows. Arter is still hurt and Scott Hogan won't declare

Going into the Austrian game in November with 7 on the board is a must

Just when you think Trump had said it all, we get the latest "grab'em by the pussy" video. He really is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just when you think Trump had said it all, we get the latest "grab'em by the pussy" video. He really is the gift that keeps on giving.

He'll eventually use the Mr. Garisson f**k them all to death line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I ran this by BH before posting.
    This will just be a one-time thing but I just wrote my first piece for StoppageTime.ie previewing this weekend's Limerick Desmond League games. I'm not making any money off of this and just want to get people's opinions of my post (and any tips or advice) along with just bringing some eyes to the site in general. Thanks. Link.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Apparently some people disagree with the nobel prize announcement because it was in literature but I love it tbh. Dylan for me is a true storyteller and poet and nobody is more deserving even if yeah I wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

This will just be a one-time thing but I just wrote my first piece for StoppageTime.ie previewing this weekend's Limerick Desmond League games. I'm not making any money off of this and just want to get people's opinions of my post (and any tips or advice) along with just bringing some eyes to the site in general. Thanks. Link.

Site blocked in work so Ill check it out later

Apparently some people disagree with the nobel prize announcement because it was in literature but I love it tbh. Dylan for me is a true storyteller and poet and nobody is more deserving even if yeah I wasn't expecting that.

Songs = poetry to me, so its a perfect category placement. Back when I was teaching, I used to do "poems" in English class by such famous poets like One Direction and Justin Bieber to get the kids into the idea of reading them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

*reads thread title*

996061.jpg?b64lines=IFNldmVuIQ==

No nerdkiller it's a rhetorical question.

NK: Rhetorical eh? ..... 8!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I played in that league up to a couple of years ago. The standard is shocking lower down the leagues.

Either way nice write up. ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I played in that league up to a couple of years ago. The standard is shocking lower down the leagues.

Either way nice write up. ☺
    I'd probably agree with you there, I think all of Division 3 (which is 90% B teams) along with half of Division 2 would be bad but after that I think it would be pretty good. Are you living in the City if you don't mind me asking? Follow the District League?
    Thanks very much by the way!

I'd probably agree with you there, I think all of Division 3 (which is 90% B teams) along with half of Division 2 would be bad but after that I think it would be pretty good. Are you living in the City if you don't mind me asking? Follow the District League?
    Thanks very much by the way!

I was div 1 with Breska. Also played with Geraldines in city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

USA travel question lads:
    Do ye have any recommendations for how to get around the SIM card and data costs? Three are looking for a 5er per gigabyte :eek: Is there any good PAYG option?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

USA travel question lads: Do ye have any recommendations for how to get around the SIM card and data costs? Three are looking for a 5er per gigabyte Is there any good PAYG option?

As far as I know all the mobile networks charge fairly extortionate rates for using your phone in the States if you're calling/texting/using data regardless of your plan. Will you not have access to Wi-Fi wherever it is you're going? If so, just use Whatsapp to call and message when connected. Don't even bother turning on your data over there will cost you a bomb.

Only other option I could think of is to buy one of those cheap disposable phones along with a sim when you're over there and buy minutes?

As far as I know all the mobile networks charge fairly extortionate rates for using your phone in the States if you're calling/texting/using data regardless of your plan. Will you not have access to Wi-Fi wherever it is you're going? If so, just use Whatsapp to call and message when connected. Don't even bother turning on your data over there will cost you a bomb.

Only other option I could think of is to buy one of those cheap disposable phones along with a sim when you're over there and buy minutes?

Apparently Vodafone Red would let me use data for €3 extra a day over there. Not cheap but it'll have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Some shock to hear Munster head coach Anthony Foley passed away in France. Only 42 as well.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Some shock to hear Munster head coach Anthony Foley passed away in France. Only 42 as well.

Jesus no. Always loved Axel, great player and more so a great man. I only met the guy once and it was brief but I never heard a bad word said about infact the complete opposite. So young though, makes it hard to believe really. He was a great servant to Munster and to Ireland and the man will be missed.

R.I.P

The lad had a rough spell when he was given the reigns of Munster and I felt awful for him at the time. High level sport is very stressful unfortunately.

I feel terrible.

First and foremost for his family. Wife and kids left behind as such a good man dies so young.

I met him quite a few times and the thing I noticed about him mist was how he made time for everyone. He's been dragging Munster rugby through a lean period after a very successful time. He never hid away. Did the interviews,answered the fans questions,listened to their criticisms and never shirked the challenge.

He will always be loved and sadly missed by those who knew him best.

RIP Axel.
    Sleep easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shocking news. 42 is such a young age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

A shock indeed

I'll never forget the day Foley and a few other players went around Limerick with the HC and handed it to us all down in the Mall bar to drink out of even if a few of us were 16 haha. But out of all the players there everybody mobbed him looking for photos and autographs and while one or two looked like they didn't want to be there and left early he didn't leave until everybody was sorted like the true gent that he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just read Steve Dillon died. First became familiar with him on the Punisher from Welcome Back Frank on and then Preacher. One of those artists you'd recognise his artwork as soon as you saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not the best return to Chelsea for it's special one Mourinho today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought Mourinho was the best and only man for the United job but now I'm not so sure. I think he has bought poorly and I don't sense that United are any better than in previous years. The reported comments to Conte were also petty imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Champions of Ireland once more :D A lot has been made in the media about Horgan deserving a call up to the national squad for good reason but every single one of those players deserve recognition for the incredible job they've done. Gannon, Gartland, Boyle, O'Donnell & Massey have been outstanding since joining; Finn & McEleney improved us no end and Chris Shields has gone from a dodgy at best substitute defender to a defensive midfield fortress turning in Man of the Match displays against Champions League regulars. Not to mention McMillan & Kilduff who just keep scoring important goals. Stephen Kenny and the coaching staff really have done a tremendous job here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I thought Mourinho was the best and only man for the United job but now I'm not so sure. I think he has bought poorly and I don't sense that United are any better than in previous years. The reported comments to Conte were also petty imo.

I think one of the problems is he bought and inherited players that don't suit his system and the way he likes to play.

I never thought he was what united needed so I I'm worried at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Random thought: Is trick or treating not considered illegal. The whole idea behind it is "Give us sweets or we'll do something bad to you". I believe that's coercion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It's the invitation for foot smelling that always threw me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Dropped my phone down the toilet what a disaster

Anyone know any good ways to dry it other then rice

Advertisement