Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Garda strike cancelled so no purging tomorrow :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Blast, and I was so looking forward to seeing fires in barrels around Dublin tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was expecting the debut of Robogarda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Good chance here to beat New Zealand; 25-8 up at half time. Pity most the country can't watch it on bt/setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

As good a 40 mins of rugby as you'll see. Took advantage of every all black slip up.
    Now for once let's see it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Looking ominous now

Surely now......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazing Chicago is going to be drank dry for the second time in a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭kksaints

Was worried when NZ closed to within 4 but thats a stunning performance and result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What a result!

• Advertisement

Pity it wasn't in Ireland & over in the States but waiting that long to beat them I'd take beating them in a field of cabbage in Tullamore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This jokester was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

This jokester was there!

Nice one!
    A priceless memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've never had as good a night out as last night. Absolutely done today but so worth it. It's 20 degrees here too. Sweating me hole off. Saw the Cubs parade and went to a hockey game because cena on loves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Reported

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't know if I have ever woke up as sad and depressed about the world as I am today.

America.....just wow.
    I'm glad I don't live there.

ERG89 wrote: »
    America.....just wow.
    I'm glad I don't live there.

The scary thing is how it could really hit us too. If he recalls all the American businesses like Apple, you could be looking at massive lay offs in this country. Stock markets accross the world going to crash as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will he last the 4 years ???

I'm hungover, shocked and scared

South Park is going to be all over this

So we now live in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This election will not effect my life one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Crazy to think one of the main events of wrestlemania 23 is president of america

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was genuinely surprised with the news this morning, especially given that HilLIARy was meant to walk it, given reports yesterday evening.

So if Hillary had of gotten in, WW3 was a certainty. And The Donald will have the nuclear codes. Christ.

On another note, Donald has a history of hosting Wrestlemanias at his venues. Mania 35 at the White House anyone?

Omackeral wrote: »
    This election will not effect my life one bit.

This...people can cool it with the fear mongering...yes the stock markets will take a hit but they'll level out quickly enough once everyone gets over the fear mongering...there will be no ''major crash'' and if anything ww3 just became less likely...some of the amateur dramatics at the minute are embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The scary thing about trump is old vinny mac himself is one of his closet friends and as we know vinny is as crazy as they come so you can only imagine the people he has around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Don't know if I have ever woke up as sad and depressed about the world as I am today.

There both criminals and crooks.... least one owns up a bit to their wrong doings

Trump's new tv show picking his cabinet Apprentice style on FOX.

You're Fired.

Depp wrote: »
    This...people can cool it with the fear mongering...yes the stock markets will take a hit but they'll level out quickly enough once everyone gets over the fear mongering...there will be no ''major crash'' and if anything ww3 just became less likely...some of the amateur dramatics at the minute are embarrassing

Two counter points.

One. He has already said he wants to get the American companies like those in Ireland back home. There is a strong chance 100s if not 1000s of Irish jobs could disappear because of this.

Two. Putin very obviously wanted Trump in. You are probably right, there won't be a WW3. Because Putin will just walk all over Trump. No experience dealing with world leaders, no experience dealing with the potential Cold War.

What saddens me is that the things we criticise the Middle East for (Anti Gay rights, pro abuse of women and seeing them as sex objects, racism), America just voted in.

Hillary was a horrid candidate. That she couldn't beat Trump reflects so, so poorly on here and is a horrid mark to end her career on. But make no mistake. Trump stands for just about everything I think the first world was trying to portray itself as in recent times. It is a "yuuuge" step backwards for civil rights the world over.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Two counter points.

One. He has already said he wants to get the American companies like those in Ireland back home. There is a strong chance 100s if not 1000s of Irish jobs could disappear because of this.

Two. Putin very obviously wanted Trump in. You are probably right, there won't be a WW3. Because Putin will just walk all over Trump. No experience dealing with world leaders, no experience dealing with the potential Cold War.

What saddens me is that the things we criticise the Middle East for (Anti Gay rights, pro abuse of women and seeing them as sex objects, racism), America just voted in.

Hillary was a horrid candidate. That she couldn't beat Trump reflects so, so poorly on here and is a horrid mark to end her career on. But make no mistake. Trump stands for just about everything I think the first world was trying to portray itself as in recent times. It is a "yuuuge" step backwards for civil rights the world over.

dont really see him being let do much of that tbh...He's taking over from barack obama not kim jung il, the president of america cant just faff around making up things as he goes along, he has to go through the senate and the house of representatives and while they are a republican majority they're not going to go along blindly with everything he says, if we think back a few weeks the republicans all but turned their back on him. Re the things you're saying re his character, tbh they're all just opinions and no real proof has been produced just out of context soundbites and quotes regurgitated constantly and shoved down our throats...by no means am I saying he's perfect, far from it in fact, I just dont believe him to be the ''antichrist'' certain people would like to portray him as.

Advertisement