Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ya, I like it too, but Fortress was unbelievable. Every single song on that album was epic

Much like the new Avenged Sevenfold's The Stage album, The Last Hero is one of those this will take a few listens type of album

And IMO, of the 5 albums they've released so far, Fortress definitely takes the best album, with Blackbird/ABIII joint second, The Last Hero 3rd, and One Day Remains 4th..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait for Metallica's new album. The 3 songs released already are quite good with Atlas Rise being the best so far

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can't wait for Metallica's new album. The 3 songs released already are quite good with Atlas Rise being the best so far

The 8 year wait is almost over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The 8 year wait is almost over :D

yeah the 18th Nov or before :D:D:D:D (not that we would be in to that sort of thing :D:D)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah the 18th Nov or before :D:D:D:D (not that we would be in to that sort of thing :D:D)

I really hope it doesn't leak.. It's also being released on Kirk's birthday, birthday pie to the face for him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not feeling the new A7X album at all. It's a strange record.

Metallica Day can't come quick enough for me!

So, I got hacked on the Playstation Network last night. whoever did it changed my sign in ID, so i'm not sure of the level of damage just yet. Also, they took €150 through my Paypal account as well. I'm incredibly annoyed about this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Ugh scumbags. I take it your paypal is linked to the psn? That's a right pain.
    I feel for ya bro

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Ugh scumbags. I take it your paypal is linked to the psn? That's a right pain.
    I feel for ya bro

Thanks

Ya, i had it linked. I forgot it was linked actually. I think PayPal will refund it to me, but it's not the point really.

Sony continue to allow this to happen, and it's not acceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thanks

Ya, i had it linked. I forgot it was linked actually. I think PayPal will refund it to me, but it's not the point really.

Paypal are fairly sound on refunds but it can just take take. Really sucks when sh!te like that happens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks

Be careful. I've heard stories that refunds against your Sony account will usually get your account banned from PSN, and you'll lose everything you had digitally on it :/

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Be careful. I've heard stories that refunds against your Sony account will usually get your account banned from PSN, and you'll lose everything you had digitally on it :/

I have to ring them later when I get home.

At the minute, there are queues of over 30 mins to get through to them. There was a thread on the PS Forums but it has been locked.

You've got me worried Lord TSC! Surely they can't ban me for something that wasn't my fault?!!?:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you google something like "Sony Bans Hacked Accounts", you'll find a good few stories about people who got refunds for larger amounts and found Sony banned their account. Apparently its standard procedure because they don't want people buying a game, playing it and then refunding. "I was hacked" is sadly an excuse some people use to do bad things :/

Contact them, explain the situation and ask them what way they think you should proceed. See if they'll help before you go straight to Paypal, because if you bypass Sony without telling them why you're refunding, they'll presume the worst and probably take some action.

Like, I'll stress. Paypal WILL give you your money back. Paypal are fantastic from a buyers PoV, and if you explain what happened, they won't blink in refunding you. But it's Sony themselves who have a very, very poor reputation for dealing with this stuff.

(Sorry if I'm worrying you :( )

Out of interest (and feel free to ignore), would there be much value to your PSN account? I couldn't imagine losing my Xbox one after so many years and purchases...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you google something like "Sony Bans Hacked Accounts", you'll find a good few stories about people who got refunds for larger amounts and found Sony banned their account. Apparently its standard procedure because they don't want people buying a game, playing it and then refunding. "I was hacked" is sadly an excuse some people use to do bad things :/

Contact them, explain the situation and ask them what way they think you should proceed. See if they'll help before you go straight to Paypal, because if you bypass Sony without telling them why you're refunding, they'll presume the worst and probably take some action.

Like, I'll stress. Paypal WILL give you your money back. Paypal are fantastic from a buyers PoV, and if you explain what happened, they won't blink in refunding you. But it's Sony themselves who have a very, very poor reputation for dealing with this stuff.

(Sorry if I'm worrying you :( )

Out of interest (and feel free to ignore), would there be much value to your PSN account? I couldn't imagine losing my Xbox one after so many years and purchases...

I have a good few games bought down through the years across Playstation 3 & Playstation 4. Not to mention a **** ton of songs for the likes of Rock Band and Guitar Hero etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Definitely get onto Sony first because they do ban people until they sort it out. Happened to my friend a couple months back but he got sorted quick enough. I mentioned on the PlayStation forum that someone attempted to log into my account a few weeks ago but I had two step verification on it. My phone was charging at the time, went up to get it and had 21 texts from Sony with login codes from 12.30-1pm. I emailed Sony to let them know, got an embarrassing copy & paste reply telling me how to change my password, something I already told them I had done in the initial email. When you get sorted just ensure that you setup two step verification.

EDIT: Temporarily ban people I should say. It can take a while to get it sorted which is the main problem but I think they usually do restore your account after investigating.

Spoke with Sony there.

They gave me back control of the account, and pretty much confirmed that if Paypal charge the money back to Sony, they will put a ban on the account. I was told this is a temporary measure.

So i rang Paypal, and they told me i would be crazy to cancel the dispute without something in writing from Sony, confirming the refund would be repaid.

The €150 that was stolen is still sitting in the Playstation wallet at least

Not feeling the new A7X album at all. It's a strange record.

Metallica Day can't come quick enough for me!

So, I got hacked on the Playstation Network last night. whoever did it changed my sign in ID, so i'm not sure of the level of damage just yet. Also, they took €150 through my Paypal account as well. I'm incredibly annoyed about this

It's definitely all over the place, but it's a few listens to get into it, the drumming, nearly 7 years later, they've finally found the perfect replacement for Jimmy in Brooks Wackerman.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's definitely all over the place, but it's a few listens to get into it, the drumming, nearly 7 years later, they've finally found the perfect replacement for Jimmy in Brooks Wackerman.

His bass drum is crazy fast on The Stage alright. I have yet to listen to the album properly though, but I will give it a good lash next week.

Anyone going to see A7X live this year in Dublin? I've seen them three times now (Once with Metallica) and the lat time I seen them, they kinda phoned it in a little (although the mighty Mike Portnoy was with them)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Watching Ireland vs Austria in bed then waking up to watch Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 at lunch time, for once I'm loving the time difference re Sport!

Booyakashak!

massive goal by Jimmy there 1-0 Ireland

Booyakashak!

massive goal by Jimmy there 1-0 Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Well, I see that the double posts are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. I try and delete my second post if it double posts. But if I remember correctly, it only happens if you use Quick Reply.

Is boards really slow for anyone else?

Huge result there. Top of the table (for now) and very much so deserved imo

Austria will surely improve as the group goes on though and will hopefully take points off other teams at home. Alaba for example is far better than he has been so far and ageing Seth Rollins won't get much gametime in goals for em once their first choice returns from injury.

McLean will probably have gotten MOTM but I thought Coleman was great tonight and tbh has been ever since he was made captain.

Arter no doubt will be a starter from now on too which will be big especially when McCarthy is available again.

The Wales vs Serbia game will be interesting now... not sure what result to want tbh obviously a Wales win means we are top going into the next round of fixtures but a draw would have the same effect while a Serbia win would be a massive blow for Wales hopes akin to Austria's loss here

Brady will miss the game but Ward should be back then plus McCarthy & Long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Ireland beat the All Blacks for the first time

Ireland beat Austria in Austria for the first time.

Omens looking good for McGregor later on so :P Still think he knocks Alvarez out though, 2nd or 3rd round, he has good BJJ so even if Alvarez gets him down think McGregor can deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CastorTroy wrote:
    Is boards really slow for anyone else?

Yeah it seems to be affecting lots of users.

Great result in the football. Puts us in a great position going into the new year. I think a draw with Wales and Serbia may be for the best. I can see both of those teams causing problems down the line.

As for McGregor, I think Alvarez is going to take him down and make him tap in round 2 or 3. He seems to gas badly as fights go on. It looks a great card. I want to see Karolina win the battle of the Poles but I don't like her chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Does anyone else say Noam Dar in their head with the South Park Rob Schneider trailer voice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Soccer win, Rugby win now McGregor to win and make 3 in a row for the Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Could give two ****es about McGregor winning but I desperately want Karolina to batter JJ. Should be a good morning of fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wonder will Conor dress up like Hud Hastings again at the post fight conference.
    Too tired to stay up for the card and the rasslin stunts UFC pull like with McGregor and the chair is just faux nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ERG89 wrote: »
    rasslin stunts UFC pull like with McGregor and the chair is just faux nonsense
    LOL! What happened here?

Advertisement