Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I somehow keep forgetting he's in the HoF. I guess I try to block it out (not that the WWE HoF means anything at this point really).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,846 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_America_Rock_Again

**** me what a nolstalgic tour (for us wrestling fans) names like Puddle Of Mud, Alien Ant Farm, POD, 12 Stones, Saliva, Fuel

Didn't even knw some of those bands were still going

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I used to be big into Saliva back in the day. Last I'd heard of them, their original vocalist had left the band to pursue a solo Christian music career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Is there anywhere on boards where you can literally type what you want and it be posted in the ether.

Like writing an email to no one but I need it to go somewhere. I need to type a load of frustration away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If something is eating away with you ya can go on Personal Issues with a throwaway account if you prefer and you can get some good advice while maintaining your anonymity. See the link here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127

If you just need an ear and someone to bounce a few thoughts off, shoot me a PM buddy.

• Advertisement

Score have the same birthday as Goldberg, December 27th

I'm one day off sharing one with Dean Ambrose. I do share a birthday with the late, great Satoru Iwata, former president of Nintendo though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I share mine with WWE Alumni Kevin Federline :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

My wrestler birthday twin is austin areis as i just learned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I share my Birthday with Asya..... WCWs Chyna. Thats it . SMDH

I also share it with Rhynos gore on Jericho that destroyed the original Smackdown set. Thats something I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Mojo Rawley,Daffney,Mike Knox and Lacey Von Erich all share my birthday.

As a sidenote so do Angela Merkel,Donald Sutherland and The Hoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Steven Gerrard has retired officially #LiverpoolLegend I always think he is younger than 36 must his baby face :p

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I share my Birthday with Asya..... WCWs Chyna. Thats it . SMDH

I also share it with Rhynos gore on Jericho that destroyed the original Smackdown set. Thats something I suppose.

What does SMDH mean i see it all the time on twitter and have no clue.

sky88 wrote: »
    What does SMDH mean i see it all the time on twitter and have no clue.

Shaking My Disappointed Head. It used to confuse the hell outta me too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Steven Gerrard has retired officially #LiverpoolLegend I always think he is younger than 36 must his baby face :p

Nonsense, he's the biggest heel in football history!!! (joke, just a Utd fan)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Shaking My Disappointed Head. It used to confuse the hell outta me too

Nonsense, he's the biggest heel in football history!!! (joke, just a Utd fan)

OH that actually makes sense now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Same birthday as Macho Man Randy Savage. Never been so proud

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Score have the same birthday as Goldberg, December 27th

Here's a proper heel move > a lurker (me) blows in with same birthday as two hall of famers, Stone Cold Steve Austin & Trish Stratus :cool:

also bonus RVD & Stalin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I share with WCW valet Gorgeous George.
    And not a wrestler but have the extact same DOB as Alicia Keys.

Oh, and a Mexican wrestler named Juana Barraza was arrested for the murder of over 10 women on ny birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My birthday is shared with Pittbull #2 and Doink the Clown

A motley crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I don't seem to share by birthday with any wrestlers, but I am one day off from Shinsuke Nakamura

Dakota Fanning probably the most famous person I share it with

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I share my birthday with Mean Gean. I'm happy with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I share mine with The Sandman and Ultimate Warrior. Outside of wrestling I share it with Jurgen Klopp, Phil Mickelson and Tupac Shakur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

-David Arquette
    -The Barbarian
    -The Great Kabuki
    -Lodi
    -Raven

A flock of "boys" if I ever saw one.

Huh, turns out I do share a birthday with a wrestler, former AWA World champion Nick Bockwinkel. Also, the Irish Free State.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Went to see Fantastic Beasts tonight and either the writers are fans of The Rock or I just heard the words used too often by him in a certain context, but
    when a female character asks a male character if he prefers pie or strudel while making dessert,
    I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I share my birthday with ;

Carlito
    Tyrus
    Wes Briscoe
    Joel Redman (Oliver Grey in NXT)
    Charlotte Church shares my exact DOB

And Rey Mysterio lost his mask in WCW on my birthday

what is gone wrong with the Music world ????

Looking at the Ireland Top 50 on Spotify and the tracks are ****e. A huge % of the songs are Studio Engineered crap from artists such as The Weeknd, Sean Paul, Maroon 5, Sia, Bruno mars etc. some of them have this middle eastern vocal vibe bits in them (best way i can explain it)

I refuse to listen daytime music programmes on radio stations such as Beat Fm, 2fm, Today fm as they play all this type of stuff (Obv they have too)

Music has always been subjective. Top 50's (or Top 30 in my day) has always been littered with pop tunes from big labels. They have a bigger reach and more advertising power and therefore they usually have a wider audience and in turn generate more buys.

Theres nothing wrong with the music world, its always been this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

You were probably more tolerant of popular music when you were younger, but it's always been pretty dross. Or you solidified what type of music you like so anything past that is just veering into the negative. It's there because it's what's popular! Still great music out there, you just have to dig a little harder.

On a side point, ugly people didn't stop making music, they just have pretty people perform for them now!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    You were probably more tolerant of popular music when you were younger, but it's always been pretty dross. Or you solidified what type of music you like so anything past that is just veering into the negative. It's there because it's what's popular! Still great music out there, you just have to dig a little harder.

On a side point, ugly people didn't stop making music, they just have pretty people perform for them now!

I dunno, James Arthur is one unfortunate human looks wise. As is that Lil Wayne fella.

Advertisement