Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just had a lovely Chinese from my local takeaway. Didnt know what I wanted so went with the old reliable sweet n sour chicken balls, so my question is what is everyone elses go to dish from the Chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cantonese Spare Ribs is my go to, always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,845 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Always revolves around Chicken, curry and Chips (chicken balls, crispy shredded chicken etc) but I have been known to order off the European menu and have sausage and chips lol

Love Chicken Cheese rolls as a starter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Haven't had Chinese in ages. Chicken & Cashew used to be my go to but I've recently changed my lock order to Schezwan Beef.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Given one of the forums I mod, it's safe to say my taste in music is a bit outside the mainstream :pac:

http://www.last.fm/user/DennyMcG this is my last.fm, which is a pretty accurate summary of what I listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what is gone wrong with the Music world ????

Looking at the Ireland Top 50 on Spotify and the tracks are ****e. A huge % of the songs are Studio Engineered crap from artists such as The Weeknd, Sean Paul, Maroon 5, Sia, Bruno mars etc. some of them have this middle eastern vocal vibe bits in them (best way i can explain it)

I refuse to listen daytime music programmes on radio stations such as Beat Fm, 2fm, Today fm as they play all this type of stuff (Obv they have too)

I like Sia and Bruno Mars :o I think Sia is one of the best song writers around

Thanks all now I am craving chilli salt ribs and sesame prawn toast from Chinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Hothouse Flowers number 1 on iTunes in 2016 not a thing wrong with music today.

Haven't had a Chinese years but I suddenly feel like one after reading the last few posts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Hothouse Flowers number 1 on iTunes in 2016 not a thing wrong with music today

That's cause they were on Grand Tour last week.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    That's cause they were on Grand Tour last week.

Can't stand the guys on that show

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've never heard of the Hothouse Flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm a pig when it comes to Chinese food.

I'll always have Chicken Cheese rolls and Spring rolls as starter. Then it's either beef in black pepper, chicken satay, chicken schezuan or chow mein. Sometimes I'll also get fried soft noodles.

A pure pig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Love Crispy Chilli Chicken with rice, it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sat in the Chinese right now. Keeping it simple with a chicken curry

Myself & the wife met some friends in Good World on George Street last night. We were up in the Big Shmoke for the Biffy Clyro gig.

Anyhow, whenever I go to Good World, I always just order loads off the Dim Sum menu. Highly recommended if you are ever in the area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Always go for Chicken Curry with no veg myself and a portion of fried rice hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Anyway lads we're missing the point here. "Chinese" is so passè. It's well down the list of my restaurants if I'm out.

Japanese, Mexican, Italian and Thai are always considered before we (myself and missus) pick a Chinese.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I guess most of what I eat these days would be classified as "Chinese food" but if back home and im the only one ordering - House Special Chow Mein is the one for me. A whole meal in one dish and some proper variety too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Staff party last night is a blur. What I do remember is the house special fried rice from the Hong Kong in Limerick. It came with an egg on top and curry on the side. It was magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Our Xmas party is next week. Off to the Market Bar dinner then the Olympia for Sean Lock. All on the company.

I'd say I love Mexican food, but really it's all about the burritos :pac: Big thing I miss about living in Galway is being able to pop out to Boojum with my housemates every so often.

Japanese food is nice too the few times I've had it. I rarely eat Chinese food, used to when I was younger but I kinda went off it a bit.

• Advertisement

The undisputed King of takeaway is Indian IMO. It's hard beat a good curry and a few beers... Unless Buddha's Revenge strikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The undisputed King of takeaway is Indian IMO. It's hard beat a good curry and a few beers... Unless Buddha's Revenge strikes

Here here konkan in Harold's cross is epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I guess most of what I eat these days would be classified as "Chinese food" but if back home and im the only one ordering - House Special Chow Mein is the one for me. A whole meal in one dish and some proper variety too

What's the difference between that a a Singapore chow mein?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's the difference between that a a Singapore chow mein?

probably none but they call it special :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

gerrybbadd wrote: »

I gotta say ... the Spice Bag is reigning supreme at the moment. If it's not the King it's the rebel leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I gotta say ... the Spice Bag is reigning supreme at the moment. If it's not the King it's the rebel leader.

Or the Spice/Mega/Muchy box

?width=500&version=2377560

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Omackeral wrote: »
    Or the Spice/Mega/Muchy box

Is that too much for one person? I could see myself getting through most of that on friday night, then waking up and finishing it off for breakfast.

My dad has become a fan of The Arizona Cardinals in the NFL after watching that Amazon Fly on the wall series

Question are they in contention for a playoff spot this season ?? Can't understand the ranking system (there 2nd in the national west table but 12th in the national table ???)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I just dont see the big appeal of the spice bags at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My dad has become a fan of The Arizona Cardinals in the NFL after watching that Amazon Fly on the wall series

Question are they in contention for a playoff spot this season ?? Can't understand the ranking system (there 2nd in the national west table but 12th in the national table ???)

Unless they win the nfc west division then they'll have to get one of the nfc wild card spots.

Advertisement