Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My dad has become a fan of The Arizona Cardinals in the NFL after watching that Amazon Fly on the wall series

Question are they in contention for a playoff spot this season ?? Can't understand the ranking system (there 2nd in the national west table but 12th in the national table ???)

Top two winners from each division (AFC & NFC) go through to the playoffs. The remaining winners play the best 2nd place teams in the wildcard. These winners play the top two in the playoff, winners play for the conference championship and the two conference champions go to the Superbowl. I think thats how it works anyway, Jets fan here so no need to worry about any of this unfortunately ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

My dad has become a fan of The Arizona Cardinals in the NFL after watching that Amazon Fly on the wall series

Question are they in contention for a playoff spot this season ?? Can't understand the ranking system (there 2nd in the national west table but 12th in the national table ???)

Just checked the table for this and them making the playoffs doesn't look likely. They'll have to win all their remaining games to have a chance. The Seahawks have 3 more wins than them with 5 games to go. If they were to beat the Seahawks they'd have the head to head but would still need to win two more games than the Seahawks between now and the end of the season to get both teams to equal records, with the Cards having the head to head.

Outside of the four the divisional winners, the two teams with the next best records in the conference get a playoff spot so if they were to win all their remaining games they'd have 9 wins and a tie, meaning that if two other teams in the nfc outside of the division winners had 10 wins they wouldn't make the playoffs. However Arizona would qualify ahead of a team with 9 wins and 7 defeats as they have one tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

On a little follow on from last weeks chart music topic, Id like to think Ive a fairly eclectic taste in music, I try not to dismiss most music even if it is not to my taste but I have to rant a little about The Blizzards.

How in the blue hell are they on the radio? Their songs are god awful. Badly written songs with poor lyrics and very little in a toe tapping tune. It baffles me how they continue to be on play over and over on the radio. Bressie, their lead singer, seems to be a nice guy to be fair but I can only imagine he’s good friends with lads in the media, as it’s the only reason I can imagine as to why his band still gets air play. Absolute rubbish songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    On a little follow on from last weeks chart music topic, Id like to think Ive a fairly eclectic taste in music, I try not to dismiss most music even if it is not to my taste but I have to rant a little about The Blizzards.

How in the blue hell are they on the radio? Their songs are god awful. Badly written songs with poor lyrics and very little in a toe tapping tune. It baffles me how they continue to be on play over and over on the radio. Bressie, their lead singer, seems to be a nice guy to be fair but I can only imagine he’s good friends with lads in the media, as it’s the only reason I can imagine as to why his band still gets air play. Absolute rubbish songs.

they are such a dreadfull band. bressie does seem to be a a good guy seen him talk about depression and he was great explaining his struggles.

On a complety unrealated point does anyone know a good android box to get went onto the android forum and i think im more confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,845 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Picked up the dreaded stomach virus and done the not so smart thing off having a can of coke after I got sick lol

Must of done about 400 burps so far today, it's killing me

• Advertisement

Ah dude that's the last thing you should drink when sick. It will destroy the lining of your stomach. Eat some toast, might soak up some of the nasty acid

Ah dude that's the last thing you should drink when sick. It will destroy the lining of your stomach. Eat some toast, might soak up some of the nasty acid

Not touching cola again till I'm better

Drinking water now ****en burps lol can't control them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Always revolves around Chicken, curry and Chips (chicken balls, crispy shredded chicken etc) but I have been known to order off the European menu and have sausage and chips lol
    Picked up the dreaded stomach virus and done the not so smart thing off having a can of coke after I got sick lol

Drinking water now ****en burps lol can't control them

Your gaff sounds like a barrell of laughs.

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Flat 7up needed for a dodgy tummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Must of done about 400 burps so far today, it's killing me

No Chinese food :D

Try green tea

• Advertisement

Sounds like a diarrhoea hotspot to me. Spicy takeaways and stomach viruses...... youll need sudocrem my friend.

Fantastic Guns N Roses Slane Castle 27th May

One venue i didn't want ,wanted Croke Park or Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not sure if your being serious or joking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Won't be one bit surprised if/when GNR get officially announced for Slane.

Done Slane twice now and it is a complete chord getting to and from. That said, Slash/Axel and the gang at Slane is just so so romantically old school rock n roll.

So could be Adele then for Croke Park

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So could be Adele then for Croke Park

Justin Bieber apparently

Justin Bieber apparently

Would he sell out there?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Would he sell out there?

I was just thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would he sell out there?

Easily, if a washed up out of shape cowboy can sell out Croker 5 times, I think one of the hottest solo acts in the world wouldn't have a problem filling it once. He's evolved a bit now too so has plenty of fans in the 18-35 demographic and it's socially more acceptable to like him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Really sad. Faulty Towers is one of, if not the most defining comedies of my youth. Loved it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sad about andrew sachs he really was a part of my childhood can remember sitting with my dad since i was young watching fawlty towers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hate to moan but looking at GNRs for Slane it really shows where modern rock music is.

So many years of Slane were headlined by the biggest bands in the world who at the time were at their peak. Guns and Roses 92 being prime example.

You could probably count on one hand the crop of truly current rock bands worthy of the venue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Any fans of Westworld ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any fans of Westworld ?

Yep loved it. Season 1 was one of the best all round seasons of any tv show ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Westworld was fantastic. Season 2 is a long way aways unfortunately, 2018 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Westworld was so good I'm actually looking forward to rewatching it since the second is so far away.

Ive watched 3 episodes do far. Enjoyed the first 2, but I felt a little bored by the third. Should I stick with it?

Ive watched 3 episodes do far. Enjoyed the first 2, but I felt a little bored by the third. Should I stick with it?

yes! It just keeps getting better and better. Stick with it you won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****ing Amazon

Ordered "Hamilton: The Revolution". Just checked to see where it was, and it's marked as returned to sender. No second attempts, no contact to clarify the address. Got onto them, and they've said they've no clue where it went, it's gone, they are out of stock, tough luck :/ Was €25, cheapest I can get it now is round €40 :(

Advertisement