Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ****ing Amazon

Ordered "Hamilton: The Revolution". Just checked to see where it was, and it's marked as returned to sender. No second attempts, no contact to clarify the address. Got onto them, and they've said they've no clue where it went, it's gone, they are out of stock, tough luck :/ Was €25, cheapest I can get it now is round €40 :(

I've always found their tracking service to be awful. However, would it be more the courier's fault, if there was no second attempts at delivery? I've had some truly awful experiences with couriers, including one dope who thought it acceptable to throw a box with an electronic item in it, over my tall fence. Into wet grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,845 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

saw an add for a new thing starting on Sky called 'the young messiah' which stars Sean Beann

I guess his character may 'cough cough' in it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer debuting on Jimmy Kimmel in the States tonight or tomorrow night, not sure which.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive watched 3 episodes do far. Enjoyed the first 2, but I felt a little bored by the third. Should I stick with it?

Yea i felt the same but kept going and so glad i did. The show will mind**** the crap out of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He had The Right Stuff.. R.I.P John Glenn who died today aged 95.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Disappointed to see Dundalk got knocked out of the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

If I was given a hit man for the day and ordered to wipe out one section of society it would be a dead heat between:

- Women that get surprised when staff at the till ask for money.

- "Don't tell the bride" people/couples.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    If I have given a hit man for the day and ordered to wipe out one section of society it would be a dead heat between:

- Women that get surprised when staff at the till ask for money.

- "Don't tell the bride" people/couples.

Guessing you had an unpleasant run in with one of the mentioned groups today..

Watched DTTB last night. Might have oversold my hatred but it is entirely cringe.

What's DTTB? Or am I better off not knowing?

• Advertisement

Don't Tell The Bride. Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I watch it with the misses, I do enjoy it for the cringe factor. Its totally contrived I think. I believe RTE either picks the biggest idiot grooms they can find for the show or Its scripted more than pro wrestling.

Like the lads on this show can't be that thick, can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Every episode of Don't Tell The Bride follows the exact same pattern: bride describes what her ideal dress & venue is, groom picks the exact opposite and/or a sports ground. Groom spends loads of money on drink with the lads who are all useless at helping, can't afford bridesmaid dresses. Bride tries on dress she shouldn't like, cries, loves it. Bride is mortified at the church/venue, loves it. The end. I really hated only having one channel and no internet at college....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Officially finished my Xmas shopping :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just started mine. Nieces and nephews sorted which are usually the most time consuming. Have a fair idea what I'm getting for the rest.

Arsenal topped their Champions Lge Group to be rewarded with a trip to Bayern Munich, the team that seems to have their number the last few years. Sucks on one hand but Munich are not as invincible under Ancelotti as they have been under Pep. Also PSG, who came 2nd got handed Barcalona.

City take on Monaco, while Leicester meet Sevilla.

Man United get a good draw in the Europa Lge with a trip to St Etienne,While Spurs take on Gent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Justin Bieber apparently

RDS for him

Christmas shopping done today, now for the other Christmas shopping..

Just a random thing, but I watched an few old Simpsons and now I cant get the "First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence" song out of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Brilliant. Myself and my mate are constantly sending each other Simpsons references and pictures on whatsapp. I never understood how some people never watched it

• Advertisement

LeeJM wrote: »
    Brilliant. Myself and my mate are constantly sending each other Simpsons references and pictures on whatsapp. I never understood how some people never watched it

Ill never understand how people aren't fans. Its so universally funny (well the earlier seasons anyway). Nearly everything can be asked or answered using a Simpsons reference.

To misquote Homer "The Simpsons, the problem and solution to all of lives problems"

The Simpsons Seasons 1 through 12 - Classics.

I can leave season 1, some of 2 are fine but Season 3 is where it hits its stride as the comedy juggernaut. Its utterly brilliant and always great on rewatch.

LeeJM wrote: »
    To misquote Homer "The Simpsons, the problem and solution to all of lives problems"
    6358683046776485051322737657_180650.gif

giphy.gif

Lemonade....... please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've decided to make my 9,000th post right here on PW Boards because I love each and every one of you freaks and wanna share this milestone with ya all. From now on my post number will be.....

95c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,845 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't wait to have the owl turkey and ham on Xmas day but I'm sick of the sight of turkey and ham by the 27th lol

Not a fan of vegetables so my Xmas dinner is turkey and ham with mash covered in gravy

• Advertisement

Sprouts boiled in ham water.... no better xmas veg. Delish

Advertisement