Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I used to work in a hotel so on wedding days we got the leftover dinners. So loads of turkey and ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I honestly think Ill never get sick of Ham and Sprouts. Oooh and roasties too, yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,843 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At aslan in Waterford they sang lovin me lately

A Proud moment in my life lol

I think MVG will win the world championship handy

Hes been the standout darts player for the whole year, winning 25 titles

Anderson wont do 3 in a row, Taylor is not the player he once was, Adrian Lewis, Peter Wright, James Wade and Barney can be hot/cold

Love having the darts on for Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I think MVG will win the world championship handy

Hes been the standout darts player for the whole year, winning 25 titles

Anderson wont do 3 in a row, Taylor is not the player he once was, Adrian Lewis, Peter Wright, James Wade and Barney can be hot/cold

Love having the darts on for Christmas
    Haven't started watching the world championship yet but I'd be hopeful of Van Gerwen winning. He's a different gravy to the rest in my opinion and is a beast. Would love to see Brendan Dolan do well too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Wtf is the story with concert ticket prices in this country. Bands/artists that regularly charge 40-55 across Europe for a standard ticket charging 80+ here and getting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

MVG could be caught again this year imo. I'd love to see Wadey win it.

MVG could be caught again this year imo. I'd love to see Wadey win it.

He's def the best player from the last ten years or so not to have won one. For a guy who has plenty of major success, ally pally has never gone well for him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

For the concerts I go to most of the tickets top out at about 30 euro :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    For the concerts I go to most of the tickets top out at about 30 euro :pac:

Anything that's not considered mainstream is fine. But 2 Robbie Williams tickets and two for Phil Collins as gifts is costing me 350+ :(

• Advertisement

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Anything that's not considered mainstream is fine. But 2 Robbie Williams tickets and two for Phil Collins as gifts is costing me 350+ :(

2x Guns N Roses tickets for there London show cost me €341.33 (rather see them in a stadium than Slane)

I must of spend hundreds on tickets this year and for next year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oof, that's fairly bad. I think the most expensive show I've gone to was Mastodon, Alice In Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, with Metallica as the headliner. If I recall correctly that was about 70-75 euro.

Angron wrote: »
    Oof, that's fairly bad. I think the most expensive show I've gone to was Mastodon, Alice In Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, with Metallica as the headliner. If I recall correctly that was about 70-75 euro.

Was at the gig, great day

2x U2 tickets for there 3arena show last year cost me €197.50 each and that was face value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Chilli peppers just cancelled their giggs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »

So that explains The Simpsons reference in the thread title :pac:

Jokes aside, that's a kick in the crown jewels especially if you were really looking forward to it.. Will you be able to do the rescheduled shows next September?

I'd say there were ones who came home early for Christmas in order to go since be landing in Dublin airport and paying for hotels before making the trip home.

Yea thankfully I can go in September but seems so far away when I was gearing up for it all week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

More and more terrorist attacks. It really has to be nearing boiling point at this stage(especially with Russia posturing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

For a second I thought the title was referring to the potential death of ECW midcarder and everyone's favourite hometown boy, Chilly Willy. Glad to see it's not the case :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ryan-Giggs-007.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

For a second I thought the title was referring to the potential death of ECW midcarder and everyone's favourite hometown boy, Chilly Willy. Glad to see it's not the case :pac:

Austin has stated numerous times that before they landed on "Stone Cold" Steve Austin some of the names they had penned were ludicrous.

Chilly McFreeze being top of the pile.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Austin has stated numerous times that before they landed on "Stone Cold" Steve Austin some of the names they had penned were ludicrous.

i believe ice dagger was one of the names too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

i believe ice dagger was one of the names too

Otto Von Ruthless and Fang McFrost as well :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShagNastii wrote: »

https://wrestlingname.com/ - What is your wrestling name?

I got Atomic Valentine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm Polar Zombie :P

Diva Sonic Bombshell.

Lucha Super Dragon.

Herculean Justice

Cool name

Wild Gravy.
    Then my diva name is Miss Chocolate.

Strange names for a very white Irishman. Maybe they're ironic