Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hope this game is half decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Donegal the Heath Slater of GAA. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dublin did start to look panicked in the last 10 minutes or so, lots of shots off to the right in particular. It looked in the beginning like the Dubs may run away with it, but Donegal did well to get back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Football is so much better than hurling and soccer this year

Football is so much better than hurling and soccer this year

Hurling takes it for me, if only for the twitter reactions from British people seeing it for the first time :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Could never get into the gaa myself. As a dub I wasn't too bothered about the game today. Its proper football or nothing me really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Angron wrote: »
    Hurling takes it for me, if only for the twitter reactions from British people seeing it for the first time :P

Don't think I saw the reactions from the first football match which I think aired a week or 2 later.

Oh and Up Donegal :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh lawds. It's a good time to be a Jennifer Lawrence fan it seems. Horrible for her that her phone has been hacked though....

Oh? Interesting...

To the Google machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

eh i dunno wrote: »
    How is it still on tv? Pure crap along with all them other shows like strictly, big brother, I'm a celebrity etc

High ratings, many viewers etc.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Spurs were woeful today. They need an out and out striker badly. Welbeck wouldnt be a bad shout, Adebayor is just past it.
    That said, Liverpool were impressive. Sterling was all sorts of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh lawds. It's a good time to be a Jennifer Lawrence fan it seems. Horrible for her that her phone has been hacked though....

Twitter has the answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just saw those photos now. Well some of them. There were like 200 in total of loads of different celebs. The effort those lads go to is scary. One of the actresses said she'd deleted those photos years ago.

Right folks. I kinda know the answer to the situation anyways so I'm mostly just looking for your experiences with putting down a pet.

Long story short we have a retriever that had a lump taken out previously and another lump popped up today. The dog has had a great aul life and we spoil her rotten but sadly the consensus is it might end up being a situation where we put her to sleep (which breaks my heart tbh). I'm not one to cry but just thinking about it makes my throat all weird. So just wondering if ye ever had to put a pet down?

Yeah.

I always wonder why the celebs take the photos anyway, especially with the amount of hacking that has happened before, and sending them to anyone is always a bad idea, celeb or not because if the relationship ends badly or just the phone ends up in the wrong hands, which I think happened with Vanessa Hudgens, then they'll get posted.

Sorry Diabhal Beag for posting that when you're asking such a question.
    I remember when I lived in Dublin my parents phoned me to tell me our dog was in the vet and suggested she'd need to be put down and asked what I wanted to do. I phoned back to say to go ahead but she passed during that night anyway, so it was taken out of my hands.

Ahah just saw what was posted before and I've probably ruined a few potential "stimulating moments".

Aye cheers and I'm not looking for sympathy or anything just getting a good grasp of what more than likely has to happen unfortunately.

I lost my Rottweiler, Lady, around this time last year. She was getting on in years, she was about 13, and was getting quite sick. I still miss her dreadfully, haven't gotten another dog in that time to call mine. It's an awful feeling to know you have to do that, even if it is the humane option.

So just wondering if ye ever had to put a pet down?

About a year ago, we got our first puppy. We were pretty naive about it, bought via Done Deal (which is a big no no; we thought we found someone genuine but looking back...). After two weeks, we realized that something was badly wrong. The vets commented on how small she was, but she was violent and OTT in her movements. Not in a puppy way, but in a "something is wrong" way. Vet reckoned from videos that there was swelling in the brain from how she acted (continually shoving her head into tight places). When she bit me (and dug a chunk of skin from my hand), the vet advised putting her down.

Only had her two weeks but was fairly devastated. Still get upset thinking about her. The process itself, for us, was that the vet took her to a room and told us we were better off saying our goodbyes and leaving; that we didn't have to (and shouldn't) watch her die. So we didn't. Went home and cried for a few hours instead.

I say this in a way where I want you to realise....if your dog has lived a long life, spoiled and pampered and, most importantly, loved, then your dog is very lucky. It will be tough on you, but focus on the good times and how it had a good life. You'll be upset. Vent, and don't hold back. But try and remember the good times. And make it's final days ones that both of you can appreciate, enjoy and remember fondly. :o

Thanks guys. The thing is there's an obvious lump and she seems to be in no discomfort at the moment but a visit to the vet for a checkup is definitely in order. We've also lost another dog before when he ran out onto the road and was killed instantly which was awful so worst case scenario we can say our goodbyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Right folks. I kinda know the answer to the situation anyways so I'm mostly just looking for your experiences with putting down a pet.

Long story short we have a retriever that had a lump taken out previously and another lump popped up today. The dog has had a great aul life and we spoil her rotten but sadly the consensus is it might end up being a situation where we put her to sleep (which breaks my heart tbh). I'm not one to cry but just thinking about it makes my throat all weird. So just wondering if ye ever had to put a pet down?

I feel for you Diabhal Beag, it is a sad and difficult decision to make but sometimes it is the only option for the dog to stop their suffering and pain

Go to the vet it may not be that bad

YVyJeq1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Tsc that is so funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Electric Picnic. You have defeated me.

I was kinda surprised about Falcao, thought he'd be aiming for another defender, or maybe some form of midfield playmaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Angron wrote: »
    I was kinda surprised about Falcao, thought he'd be aiming for another defender, or maybe some form of midfield playmaker.

Think the United masterplan is to wait for Strootman in January to sort the central midfield. Also to be fair Herrara is a playmaker and Blind will add some steel their, so its not as woeful as it was last year. I expect Rooney to get a run their as well some time this season.

Defensively they have options, Shaw, Rafael, Rojo, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Blackett and of course Blind can play their as well.

True enough I suppose. I'm a big fan of Blind's after the WC, so I hope he can deliver. Actually a little surprised Vlaar wasn't bought by someone, thought he had a great tournament too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

50 ways to kill your mammy is hilarious!

United will settle no doubt but they've had a disastrous start so far and even at an early stage like this losing to Swansea and the two draws against piss poor teams could cost them CL football.

^^Thought Liverpool would lose to Spurs so ignore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

50 ways to kill your mammy is hilarious!

My brother and mother got to meet them two weeks ago in sky call center as he was there

Advertisement