Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Merry Christmas folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Merry Christmas everyone. Eat plenty and vegetate. At least, that's my plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Merry Christmas everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Happy Christmas everyone. Bah gawd I hope it's a slobber knocker for you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Happy Christmas live from working the nightshift at Mountjoy Prison. No sightings off Santa just yet but then again these boys are probably on the naughty list. Hope everyone has a great few days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Omackeral wrote: »
    Happy Christmas live from working the nightshift at Mountjoy Prison. No sightings off Santa just yet but then again these boys are probably on the naughty list. Hope everyone has a great few days!

Merry Christmas from my hotel. Not a sinner here just me. Big empty building me and a nice cup of coffee. 8-8 so almost finished. Grim that I have the same shift tomorrow/later today though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Merry Christmas from my hotel. Not a sinner here just me. Big empty building me and a nice cup of coffee. 8-8 so almost finished. Grim that I have the same shift tomorrow/later today though

Me too buddy. Gonna go home and sleep the minute I get in. Then do it all again tonight. People never think of hotel workers as having to do shifts at Christmas, fair play to you. What's it like during these few days in the hotel? Is it tourists or a mix? My mam is actually at one for the weekend just so she doesn't have to do any stressful stuff this year. Cheeky b*tch :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Merry Christmas everybody :D

Omackeral wrote: »
    Me too buddy. Gonna go home and sleep the minute I get in. Then do it all again tonight. People never think of hotel workers as having to do shifts at Christmas, fair play to you. What's it like during these few days in the hotel? Is it tourists or a mix? My mam is actually at one for the weekend just so she doesn't have to do any stressful stuff this year. Cheeky b*tch :P

No tourists really just a few people. A couple of sad cases of local families waiting to be housed who've lived in our hotel since late summer! Grim Christmas for them. Its tough to watch a 10 year old boy open his presents in a hotel restaurant. I'm goin back in early to let the day porter go home spend the day with his kids, its only a few hours more but a priceless memory for him that will last forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,843 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got a Black Sabbath blu ray (wet the appetite for the Dublin show next month), Suicide Squad 3D, Trainspotting BR and a few vouchers

Presents I gave out included A GAA season ticket for the dad, toys for the neice and nephew and got my uncle a ticket to the pro 12 final In the Aviva next May (hopefully a Munster vs Leinster final)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

2016 will be dead itself in just over a week.

It takes another in Wham's George Michael - RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

R.I.P George.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It takes another in Wham's George Michael - RIP

2016, please just be over :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not one of those "**** 2016/All Hail John Oliver" types but George Michael dying today is really gutting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

John Oliver is an annoying twat.

Merry Christmas, PW forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Belated merry Xmas all.

Stunned with the news of George Michael's passing last night. Really hard to believe.

Had it in my head united were on early so said I'd get up. No interest in this watford game so its power nap time. Then united at 3 Munster Leinster at 5.30. As regards sport St Stephens day is so full of win!

Don't think the Utd game is on TV?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Don't think the Utd game is on TV?

As if that stops people :rolleyes: :P

Ye as Lord TSC said that stops no one nowadays. My Canadian "cousin" sent me a live link. Decent performance so far gotta hope we put them away early 2nd half I dread nothing more than a 1-0 lead with 10/15 mins to go!

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As if that stops people :rolleyes: :P

Look, I'll be honest. I'm pretty sure I've got about 68% turkey flowing through my veins at the minute. The brain isn't functioning at all!

Ffs 2016
    Liz Smith (Nana from royal family) passed away aged 95

Who else ??

As of now i have joined the 27 club lol

3 years til I'm 30. Plenty of ****e fantasy wwe bookings and sting vs taker related stuff too come lol

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ffs 2016
    Liz Smith (Nana from royal family) passed away aged 95

Who else ??

RIP, she was a good age

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

3 years til I'm 30. Plenty of ****e fantasy wwe bookings and sting vs taker related stuff too come lol

Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday

Carrie Fisher has now passed away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Carrie Fisher has now passed away :(

Damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,842 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ahh just horrible news