Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    As of now i have joined the 27 club lol

3 years til I'm 30. Plenty of ****e fantasy wwe bookings and sting vs taker related stuff too come lol

By the time you hit 30 I hope you stop saying 'lol', it's awful.

In other news, happy birthday buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

People who use "LOL" - They grind my gears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For feck's sake. Heard about the heart attack, but really hoped she would get through it.

RIP Carrie Fisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    People who use "LOL" - They grind my gears.
    THANK YOU!

And Carrie Fisher...what a shame. Richard Adams (guy who did Watership Down) just went as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,841 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

First of all Rip Carrie Fisher, I wonder will the star wars episode 8/9 scripts be affected much ???. Thanks for all to bday wishes

In the darts MVG got a tough challenge just there off Reyes. RVB was very impressive as was Daryl Gurney and Mark Webster today. Taylor and chisnall won but we're well below par

More rounds 2 games 2morrow afternoon and evening
    K Huybreachts vs M Hopp
    J Wade vs S Beaton
    J Klassen vs B Dolan
    P Wright vs J Lewis

Last 16 round also starts 2morrow night with
    G Anderson vs B Van de Pas
    A Lewis vs RVB

The rest of the last 16 games will take place on Thursday (29th Dec) Afternoon and Evening

QFs take place Friday 30 Dec 2x Afternoon and 2x evening

SFs Sunday 1st Jan 2017 with the final taking place Mon 2nd Jan 2017

• Advertisement

Apparently Carrie Fisher had all her scenes for Episode 8 all done and will "have a major role in Episode 8" as for Episode 9, that I'd imagine will be a CGI job..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Reyes was fantastic yesterday but MVG is such a cool customer. The fans completely turned on him and he still keeps him at arms length. Really fun match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Might be a bit morbid and crappy to say (as if it's a game of death top trumps) but given that so many huge celebs have passed this year the wrestling community haven't had it as bad as usual. It's an unfortunate part of the business.

There were only a handful of deaths. Chyna, Balls Mahoney and Axel Rotten were the only ones that died before their time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Carrie Fisher has now passed away :(

Her mother actress Debbie Reynolds is in hospital now after having a stroke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Late on this but hope you had a good Christmas. 2016 is nearly over which is also cause for celebration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Hope everyone here has a good Christmas and will have a good new year. It's been a tough year and even though I'm not a regular poster I'm always here and being a PW boards member has grounded me and helped me along so thanks everyone

All the best for 2017, have a great NYE what ever the plans be careful and take it easy and enjoy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Damn Nunez / Rousey... well that was fast.

Smell you later 2016! not the greatest year in many ways, Hope you all have a great 2017!

Safe to say MOD EDIT: [UFC SPOILERS]

Here's to a somewhat better 2017 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ah lads UFC spoilers. Partly on me for coming online but no need to mention it less than 2-3 hrs after the fight in the pro wrestling forum without a spoiler tag.

Whoops :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Really don't get all this 2016 was a terrible year talk! Ireland were savage in the European Championships, us here on PW Boards had a great time with Styles, Nakamura and the CWC. Made lots of cool new friends too. I've had a great year personally. Also, I'm after being whisked away to Brusells for my bday today :) it's been real 2016 , onto the next chapter.

Happy Birthday and enjoy Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Happy Birthday and enjoy Brussels.
    Somewhere in England, a Tory just woke up in a cold sweat and doesn't know why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy new year everyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Merry New Year! :D

Cracking night of Darts this evening :D

Omackeral wrote: »
    Really don't get all this 2016 was a terrible year talk! Ireland were savage in the European Championships, us here on PW Boards had a great time with Styles, Nakamura and the CWC. Made lots of cool new friends too. I've had a great year personally. Also, I'm after being whisked away to Brusells for my bday today :) it's been real 2016 , onto the next chapter.

Happy Birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Standard at the darts is so much higher than even 5 years ago. Barneveld blown out of the water with 109 average & around 70% on his finishing.
    Van Gerwen vs Anderson could be something else if both deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Going to miss the darts now, the standard nearly more than the games is the real memory of this tournament. Gary Anderson threw some darts but after the third set it was impossible to keep up especially against throw. Last night and tonight it was a shock if they threw a 60, performance has moved on so far from the Peter Manley & Wayne Mardle days not so long ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great tournament again this year. The standard is unreal. MVG had some serious form in 2016.

Shame about the drunken idiot going up on stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Only saw four legs in total but Van Gerwen was stellar tonight. Anderson's finishing really let him down.

Anderson did fight back towards the end, but it was a case of "Too little, too late". Then again no shame in loosing to Van Gerwen, who if I heard Wayne Mardle say correctly is a million pounds ahead of Anderson in the Darts Order Of Merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,841 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great win for MVG and he's only 27 so plenty more years left for him

Think we may have seen the end of the glory days for the older players such Barney, Phil Taylor etc. Anderson will be challenge again so will the likes of Adrian Lewis, Peter Wright, James Wade, Klassen. That Cadby guy could be very good in a few years and a few younger guys will enter the scene

Masters up next the end of January before the premier league kicks off and comes to Dublin on the 6th April (went in 2014 and 2016 and it was a very good night). Went twice to the Gran Prix in the citywest but prefer the Premier League

Advertisement