Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going to see them in the 3arena in May where all the tickets are ticketless (your credit card is ur ticket). I really hope it won't be a huge mess but with this being Ireland I expect it will be (there will be sum thick idiots who will forget there cards/ID in the night and cause chaos)

Got my u2 ticket in the presale last weds (€201.75 seated collectors ticket :eek:). Disgraceful the amount of tickets on touting sites

Is that for one ticket, are you seating on Bono for that cost :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,841 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that for one ticket, are you seating on Bono for that cost :p

Yeah i deserve a night out with the band for paying that lol

It's located in the Hogan stand sec 333 row Q so the view and sound quality better be up to scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Going to see Maiden as well, and I'm very wary of having to show ID and credit card at door. There are very legit reasons why you might not be able to go to a gig or pass / sell tickets on to others.

Going to see Maiden as well, and I'm very wary of having to show ID and credit card at door. There are very legit reasons why you might not be able to go to a gig or pass / sell tickets on to others.

i was at Disturbed/A7X a few weeks ago and the ques were huge waiting for the doors to open. Just imagine what Maiden will be like with the added wait for ID/Credit card checks. Really hope they decide to open the doors up at say 5.30 so people will have more time to collect there tickets

Black Sabbath on Friday cant wait

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Does anyone have any experience with Go Pros? Ive been thinking about getting one but want to know the good and bad qualities of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Does anyone have any experience with Go Pros? Ive been thinking about getting one but want to know the good and bad qualities of them

I have one I have found it really handy.
    Things to note are it's a fish eye lens so you see absolutely everything that the camera is facing.
    Picture quality is good
    Sound quality is poor
    Lots of different settings and uses time lapse and stills.

Any other questions just lemme know

I have one I have found it really handy.
    Things to note are it's a fish eye lens so you see absolutely everything that the camera is facing.
    Picture quality is good
    Sound quality is poor
    Lots of different settings and uses time lapse and stills.

Any other questions just lemme know

Thanks for that my good sir. What version of the GoPro do you have? I was looking at the Go Pro 5 Black . Ill mostly be using it to record videos for my band (eg at practice and at gigs)

Thanks for that my good sir. What version of the GoPro do you have? I was looking at the Go Pro 5 Black . Ill mostly be using it to record videos for my band (eg at practice and at gigs)

I have the 3 its fairly handy.

It'll be grand for stuff like that. I can PM you some work I have done on mine so you can see what it'll be like.
    Be very sure of where you are putting it so you get best coverage and make sure it records 25 fps as you'll be able to sync it up to any recordings you do easier. I'd be assuming you record in 25 or 50 not 30 fps.

I have the 3 its fairly handy.

It'll be grand for stuff like that. I can PM you some work I have done on mine so you can see what it'll be like.
    Be very sure of where you are putting it so you get best coverage and make sure it records 25 fps as you'll be able to sync it up to any recordings you do easier. I'd be assuming you record in 25 or 50 not 30 fps.

Yea if you have any videos that would be great. Cheers again for the help

Yea if you have any videos that would be great. Cheers again for the help

PM sent there to you.

there are cheaper options with as good a camera I think,

something like this
    https://www.amazon.com/Xiaoyi-Action-Camera-Wi-Fi-White/dp/B0148TNDXY/?tag=beebom-20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,841 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gorillaz first release in 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Miguel Ferrer (Granger) on NCIS: Los Angeles has died at the age of 61.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/19/miguel-ferrer-twin-peaks-and-dc-animation-actor-dies-at-61/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Gorillaz first release in 6 years.

I don't think I've listened to the whole of Plastic Beach yet. I used to be a big fan until they started releasing multiple copies of all their singles, as well as the various other albums, like Laika Come Home.
    I remember I saw them in the Olympia back in 2001 after they released their first album and think I was one of a few that actually knew the songs.
    First I saw of them was on a Channel 4 Animation Weekend where Tomorrow Comes Today was debuted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Miguel Ferrer (Granger) on NCIS: Los Angeles has died at the age of 61.

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/19/miguel-ferrer-twin-peaks-and-dc-animation-actor-dies-at-61/

Crap. Just saw his name a couple times recently, for the Twin Peaks return and the new Teen Titans animated movie.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone know what time the Luas starts in the morning? I need to get from Galway to dun Laoghaire library by 9:40am. I thinking of taking the train up

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the Luas starts in the morning? I need to get from Galway to dun Laoghaire library by 9:40am. I thinking of taking the train up

Luas runs from about 5;30am I think although I never got it that early.

Get the Luas from Heuston to Connolly and the DART from Connolly to Dun Laoghaire the library is across the road and up to the left as you come out of the DART station a 5 minute walk.

Question for all the dubs in the house

I had a drink in a pub called o donoghoes just off Suffolk Street on friday but is it that the same pub that the Dubliners started out in ???. Its a nice spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I had a drink in a pub called o donoghoes just off Suffolk Street on friday but is it that the same pub that the Dubliners started out in ???. Its a nice spot

The pub associated with the Dubliners (and many other musicians) is O Donoghoes on Baggot Street. Would be just off St Stephens Green about five minutes walk from The Shelbourne.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    The pub associated with the Dubliners (and many other musicians) is O Donoghoes on Baggot Street. Would be just off St Stephens Green about five minutes walk from The Shelbourne.

The o donoghues I was drinking in on Suffolk street must have the same owners as that pub.

Prob fooled a lot of people in thinking that it is the historic place

Was the drink expensive :p

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the drink expensive :p
    yeah E6 for a large bottle of cider (Bulmers not that orchard thieves piss lol)

yeah E6 for a large bottle of cider (Bulmers not that orchard thieves piss lol)

That isn't too bad, I got charged 5.50 for long neck in Killarney

Senate Confirmation Hearing For Linda McMahon if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I won some Phil Collins Aviva tickets earlier from Nova, nice way to start the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I won some Phil Collins Aviva tickets earlier from Nova, nice way to start the weekend.

Against all odds :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Against all odds :pac:

And take a look at me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Fun fact my uncle used to own that pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Acting legend John Hurt has passed. In loads of excellent films

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't even know how or why I ended up watching Japanese tires being f*cked off a ski ramp but I do know that I don't regret it. Watch the last jump, it's worth it ha.

• Advertisement

A thrilling epic tennis match between Federer and Nadal at the Australian Open, 18th win for Federer, both back from injuries

Advertisement