Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A thrilling epic tennis match between Federer and Nadal at the Australian Open, 18th win for Federer, both back from injuries

Without doubt my favourite sports man of all time is federer. Seems like such a gentleman as well as a genius with a racquet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Anyone give Nickelbacks new song a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,840 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cena wrote: »
    Anyone give Nickelbacks new song a try

its ok

I dont expect them to play here again this year as they only played here last oct. Enjoyed that gig

i bet good money that a track from the new album will appear as a soundtrack for a WWE PPV or programme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It's actually crazy how many bands I listen to having first heard them on wwe tv ppv first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Went to see the movie Split last night. Dude has 23 different identities (multiple personality disorder) and kidnaps a trio of girls. It's pretty good seeing all the identities struggle with each other. Anyone here see it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Omackeral wrote: »
    Went to see the movie Split last night. Dude has 23 different identities (multiple personality disorder) and kidnaps a trio of girls. It's pretty good seeing all the identities struggle with each other. Anyone here see it?

Yeah I really like it and the ending had me intrigued and now I wanna re-watch
    Unbreakable... best thing M.Night has done in ages and the sequel, end of the trilogy is something I now anticipate

Yeah I really like it and the ending had me intrigued and now I wanna re-watch
    Unbreakable... best thing M.Night has done in ages and the sequel, end of the trilogy is something I now anticipate

I didn't even know
    it was a sequel. When Mr Glass in a cameo at the diner
    showed up at the end I didn't know who it was or what it referenced but now I do. Thanks! Would you recommend it yes?

Omackeral wrote: »
    I didn't even know
    it was a sequel. When Mr Glass in a cameo at the diner
    showed up at the end I didn't know who it was or what it referenced but now I do. Thanks! Would you recommend it yes?

Yeah I'd reccomend watching it although he isn't
    Mr Glass, that was Sam Jacksons character in the Unbreakable.

I think a lot of people didn't know it was a sequel until after the end of the movie, stands on it's own just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know I've read it now, but any chance you could maybe spoiler what you only found out at the end?

• Advertisement

You talking to me or Bounty Hunter? It's all got spoiler tags on it has it not?

I edited your post and my one quoting it. the bit I moved under the spoiler tag were the words
    It was a sequel

I edited your post and my one quoting it. the bit I moved under the spoiler tag were the words
    It was a sequel

Better do the same to your last post then also!

He mentioned it in the draft thread but just wanted to say congratulations to Necrominus for the brith of his second child. Fair play Daddy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Congrats Necro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Moved to Tokyo over a week ago and loving it. Met so many amazing people so far and have Tinder dates lined up for the next two weeks, flat out :D

So much to see and do!

Hitting an NJPW show on Tuesday so will maybe do a write up in that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nice one Necro, congrats! Welcome to the 2 child club!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cheers lads, much appreciated. Nursing a sore head this morning after a few celebratory drinks. Mum and new baby coming home today so getting ready for some slight adjustments from here on in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He mentioned it in the draft thread but just wanted to say congratulations to Necrominus for the brith of his second child. Fair play Daddy!

Congrats Necro happy family

Moved to Tokyo over a week ago and loving it. Met so many amazing people so far and have Tinder dates lined up for the next two weeks, flat out :D

So much to see and do!

Hitting an NJPW show on Tuesday so will maybe do a write up in that thread.

Akihabara is awesome I could spend so much time just wandering around that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Congrats Necro and welcome to the newest famly member.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mazel tov Necro..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Superbowl tonight, Brady and Patriots there again, looking forward to the ads :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He mentioned it in the draft thread but just wanted to say congratulations to Necrominus for the birth of his second child. Fair play Daddy!

As a man who did the draft 2 years ago with a 2 month old, I don't envy you one bit. New Borns alone are hardy work and draft write ups can be a grueling battle too. Good luck.

That being said, congrats. Its a wonderful experience and I wish you nothing but joy and happiness. Drink it in man, they grow up so fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This watch is either super cool, or super trashy, and I don't know which.......

http://euroshop.wwe.com/en_GB/wwe-world-heavyweight-championship-watch/009-408-014-0.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ha ha ha, I love it! But the WWE logo makes it unsuitable to be a clock face (with the many points). I love the idea though.

I've always wanted a proper belt but I've always been way too poor to justify €400+ for one of them

It's totally unsuited but dang I think I want it

30% off too and I haven't seen a code that big for all items in a while so really tempted

I want that watch but I'm not a big watch person

I haven't had a watch in years but I seen people around christmas with some nice ones and I put one on my I want it but cant be arsed actually getting it list

The 30% off offer ends at 8am tomorrow, so I've til then to decide

• Advertisement

anyone buy a watch in the end ??. missed the 30% off promo and cant jusify paying just under E100 for it

Advertisement