Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This sucka here did anyway

I can barely justify the ~€70 it cost, I'll let you know when it arrives if it's worth even that :pac:

I've seen 20% off plenty of times, just need to keep an eye out on the site, days around events are usually good for offers I've found so Monday after Elimination Chamber could well see something

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

They have offers every few days. Its a constant look of offer, offer end, full price for a couple of days, new offer

Some of the offers are off clearance only, or 2 t shirts for €40 or whatever, the code on the home page now is 40% off clearance a lot of which is crap

But they do offer discount codes a lot more than any other places online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,840 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This sucka here did anyway

I can barely justify the ~€70 it cost, I'll let you know when it arrives if it's worth even that :pac:

I've seen 20% off plenty of times, just need to keep an eye out on the site, days around events are usually good for offers I've found so Monday after Elimination Chamber could well see something

We all have to treat ourselves now and again lol

So too the rugby after the disappointment last weekend we travel to Rome in a must win game . Italy may not be great shakes but there a bruiser of a team and COS knws a fair share bit about the Irish players and playing style. Again POM and Sexton are missing. Hopefully a bonus point win to get us back on track but it's so sad and frustrating hat after beating the ABs and having an impressive autumn campaign we lost out on the chance of a grand slam/triple crown on our first day out of the championship. Credit to the Scottish though who were hungry and had there homework done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Valentine's Day

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Happy Valentine's Day

Think about all of us single people who can't look at there social media pages today without feeling left out

Watch Raw and SD eating dinner alone for me tonight

Have fun everyone whatever ur get up too today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

See who your boardsie match results in guys/gals. Its back

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

I think mine are all from here and fantasy sports arena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Happy Greg Valentine's everyone :) 100% PW-related matches!

TKaOoy2.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Happy Greg Valentine's everyone :) 100% PW-related matches!

TKaOoy2.png

dvE6yCk.gif

Just the one non PW head on my list too but we did start modding soccer at the same time so...

JP Liz V1
    Mr.Nice Guy
    DM_7
    thebostoncrab
    Lord TSC
    jaykhunter
    GavRedKing
    gimmick
    Omackeral
    campo
    gerrybbadd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ha that's funny, boards reckons gerrybbadd and I are incredibly compatible. Based on our mutual love of the Divas thread no doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

mostly pw and soccer forum heads for me

Username Compatibility
    Lord TSC
    Loughc
    Lithium93_
    J. Marston
    M!Ck^
    Omackeral
    Whatsisname
    gerrybbadd
    Cookie_Dough
    jayo26
    yermandan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Loughc
    Lithium93_
    Agent Coulson
    Stereomaniac
    Moneymaker
    MrMac84
    LEIN
    Lord TSC
    gnfnrhead
    jaykhunter
    Bret Hart

Is it a bit random?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    mostly pw and soccer forum heads for me

Username Compatibility
    Lord TSC
    Loughc
    Lithium93_
    J. Marston
    M!Ck^
    Omackeral
    Whatsisname
    gerrybbadd
    Cookie_Dough
    jayo26
    yermandan
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Loughc
    Lithium93_
    Agent Coulson
    Stereomaniac
    Moneymaker
    MrMac84
    LEIN
    Lord TSC
    gnfnrhead
    jaykhunter
    Bret Hart

Is it a bit random?

I just made 2 lists :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Username Compatibility
    New Home
    miamee
    Star Lord
    Loughc
    CiDeRmAn
    Beefy78
    Banjo
    Ankhyu
    woodchuck
    gerrybbadd
    JP Liz V1

Thanks to multiple forums.
    I'm on no one's list. Not even Y2J would add me. :(

Nice to see I'm on a lot of lists :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Username Compatibility
    New Home
    miamee
    Star Lord
    Loughc
    CiDeRmAn
    Beefy78
    Banjo
    Ankhyu
    woodchuck
    gerrybbadd
    JP Liz V1

Thanks to multiple forums.
    I'm on no one's list. Not even Y2J would add me. :(

You're on my list.

My ignore list.

(Just kidding)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, but how did you see my post then? And you replied. :p

And Happy Birthday Moneymaker, wherever you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday Moneymaker

im not on anyones list :(:(

Username Compatibility
    tomwaterford
    Loughc
    johnpatrick81
    Furious-Red
    gramar
    mdwexford
    Lithium93_
    Seve OB
    Mental Mickey
    MisterAnarchy
    Wanderer78

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Afaik, the list is based on who thanks your posts and whose posts you thank.

As a thanks whore, both giving and recieving, I tend to appear on a lot of PW and Man United fans' lists :P

Username Compatibility
    jayo26
    astradave
    adox
    yermandan
    Whatsisname
    beno619
    M!Ck^
    RobertKK
    MrMac84
    TheDoc
    Loughc

boards_heart_eyes_small.gif?v=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Mine are all from here as I don't post much anywhere else, mostly just read. A lot are draft related too. MNG has about 6 hearts more than anyone else though...

Mr.Nice Guy
    Lord TSC
    Bounty Hunter
    DM_7
    JP Liz V1
    LeeJM
    Omackeral
    thebostoncrab
    Necrominus
    Loughc
    gerrybbadd

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My list:

Delirium
    x Purple Pawprints x
    Loughc
    Lithium93_
    Star Lord
    gnfnrhead
    Marty McFly
    Shiminay
    Sephiroth_dude
    Turtwig
    Professey Chin

7 of those are mods, must be some sort of conspiracy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone here see T2 -Trainspotting? What ya think of it?

For those of ye here with a partner, what do they think of wrestling?

Just ruined things with a girl who I was getting real close to when it came up that i'm a big wrestling fan, she literally laughed her head off and thinks it's stupid and for children, i tried explaining how and why i like it but she soured on me after that

It does get a lot of stick in certain places still today, just curious as to what others think of it

My wife used to watch with me cos she thought Randy Orton was hot. And she liked to cheer for Sheamus. Doesn't watch anymore, but understands why I watch it.

She even came to the first Wrestlemania party night in Cpt. America's with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Of those of ye here with a partner, what do they think of wrestling?

Just ruined things with a girl who I was getting real close to when it came up that i'm a big wrestling fan, she literally laughed her head off and thinks it's stupid and for children, i tried explaining how and why i like it but she soured on me after that

It does get a lot of stick in certain places still today, just curious as to what others think of it

I wouldn't be so hard on the girl unless she was laughing at you with utter ridicule. You either "get" pro wrestling or you don't. Some people do, some people (unfortunate for them) don't. It's entirely understandable. I'm a huge wrestling fan and I can see how naff it is at time.

My missus couldn't care less about wrestling. It's my thing so she'll humour me about it from time to time. She wouldn't watch a PPV if I forced her much the same way if she insisted I look at The Kasdashian or something of that ilk.

That said, she's been to OTT, ICW and Lucha Britannia. She admittedly had a blast at all those nights. Me and my mates that have been mad about wrestling since year-dot always joke to our spouses that we are somewhat closet wrestling fans. Might seem a bit unfair but there's a certain truth to the stereotype of wrestling fans being complete "neckbeards".

I wasn't hard on her at all, I didn't pass much heed on it at the time but i think it's me liking wrestling was me being ruined for her

I mean I've friends who know I like wrestling and think it's daft but it seemed to be a deal breaker with the girl

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ArsenalFanTV will be interesting this evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Here's my list, only one person not from PW :)

gerrybbadd
    Stereomaniac
    Loughc
    Omackeral
    Lithium93_
    Sirsok
    jaykhunter
    Mr.Nice Guy
    An File
    martyos121
    MiskyBoyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

For those of ye here with a partner, what do they think of wrestling?

Well shes not right for you.

You've dodged a bullet there, trust me if you can't be yourself around a potential girlfriend/ other half, then its not worth it.

I had an ex once who i played down my love of wrestling from. She too thought it was juvenile and fake, and why would an adult watch such a thing. It bothered me and I wasn't being my true self. Needless to say we didn't last.

And thank god we didn't, I wasn't being my self, my true self. A year later I meet a new girl and after moving in together I hesitantly told her how much I loved pro wrestling, despite fear of being laughed at.

She was like thats deadly, she told me she used to watch it when she was small and loved it. Its 4 years on and we both watch it together and its the best ever.

So be yourself, dont be someone else. If your a pro wrestling fan, then be one.

Advertisement