Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i would just say whats the difference between watching wrestling or any other sport or tv show. like beaker said your probaley better off if shes making that big of a deal of.

i never really tell anyone i watch wrestling but if it came up in conversation i have no worries about telling anyone. all my fiends know and dont bat an eyelid and they wouldnt be fans. even though i dont really say it but i dont hide it if there friends with me on FB or twitter theyll see my status on wrestling constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

To me, watching wrestling is no more childish than pretending you're a Scouser or a Manc any given weekend calling teams from England 'us' and 'we' and calling fans of the other team scum even though a) you're both from the same town and b) you've probably never even been to Anfield or OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    To me, watching wrestling is no more childish than pretending you're a Scouser or a Manc any given weekend calling teams from England 'us' and 'we' and calling fans of the other team scum even though a) you're both from the same town and b) you've probably never even been to Anfield or OT.

Typical LoI small minded comparison. :pac::pac: (I joke I joke)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,840 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's something I grew up watching and won't stop til the day I die. It's got me through tough times and watching it week in week out is as normal to me as brushing my teeth/ eating dinner everyday. Fiction can be used to describe almost 95% of tv nowadays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Onwards and upwards hey

Watched Mania 17 to cheer me up last night, wrestlings awesome

Don't think some people's perception on wrestling or wrestling fans could be changed, I probably have other preconcieved notions about other things where I'd be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

An interest or hobby should never be decisive in making or breaking a decent relationship. It should be a minor footnote at best. I've been in a similar spot where I gently slagged showjumping and got absolutely barked out of it. Me not respecting it was the dealbreaker for her. It's just the sign of a soft connection. You're better off getting out of those asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

An interest or hobby should never be decisive in making or breaking a decent relationship. It should be a minor footnote at best. I've been in a similar spot where I gently slagged showjumping and got absolutely barked out of it. Me not respecting it was the dealbreaker for her. It's just the sign of a soft connection. You're better off getting out of those asap.

I think I need specsavers as I read that as shagged showjumping :o

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think I need specsavers as I read that as shagged showjumping :o

Thats just your filthy mind Liz.

Wrestling is my Eastenders. Its like a soap opera for me in terms of seeing what happens next, whether it be a match, an angle, a segment, a dramatic return or a surprise exit....

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thats just your filthy mind Liz.

Wrestling is my Eastenders. Its like a soap opera for me in terms of seeing what happens next, whether it be a match, an angle, a segment, a dramatic return or a surprise exit....

its actually how i describe it too.

except wrestling has better acting.

sky88 wrote: »
    its actually how i describe it too.

except wrestling has better acting.

Wooooah, less of the Eastenders dissing, I love me a bit of Mick and Linda Carter :D

• Advertisement

Wooooah, less of the Eastenders dissing, I love me a bit of Mick and Linda Carter :D

It has gone Danny Dyer overload I can't wait for him to take a long break

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It has gone Danny Dyer overload I can't wait for him to take a long break

I love Danny Dyer in it, I initially denounced it when he won the role, but he and his family have been a huge hit with me.

well apologies i wouldnt want to insult the great danny dyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I'd rather have a bit of Lynda Carter... ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I'd rather have a bit of Lynda Carter... ....
    368869.gif?b64lines=IFRoZSByZXN0cmFpbmluZyBvcmRlciBzYXlzCiAibm8sIG5vIiBidXQgaGVyIGV5ZXMgc2F5CiAieWVzLCB5ZXMuIg==

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just see on facebook a lot but since when did people decide to use the word "doggo"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just see on facebook a lot but since when did people decide to use the word "doggo"?

Seen it a lot on Imgur the past 4 or 5 months, perhaps it started there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Alter Bridge are FINALLY coming to Ireland :D

Ranieri sacked at LCFC after winning PL :eek: thought that epic win guaranteed him at least another year in the job

I see now perhaps why Wenger don't want to win the PL with Arsenal :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Alter Bridge are FINALLY coming to Ireland :D

When? May head to that

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    When? May head to that

June @ The Olympia Theatre, tickets on sale tomorrow morning.

finally watched X men Apocalypse tonight and really enjoyed it but still really confused about the whole x men universe. looking forward to Logan next week and then we head back to the MCU for GOTG vol 2

PTH2009 wrote: »
    finally watched X men Apocalypse tonight and really enjoyed it but still really confused about the whole x men universe. looking forward to Logan next week and then we head back to the MCU for GOTG vol 2

Confused as in which order the films run in/follow each other?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Confused as in which order the films run in/follow each other?

yeah found this though and its made it a bit clearer for me

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-timeline-making-sense-movies-940925

So Logan is set after the events of X men DOFP ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah found this though and its made it a bit clearer for me

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-timeline-making-sense-movies-940925

So Logan is set after the events of X men DOFP ???

There's a reason Deadpool joked about it in his own film, it's just so convoluted.

6 years after DOFP apparently.

i thought it was set in a slighly different timeline than DOFP.

its all very confusing

sky88 wrote: »
    i thought it was set in a slighly different timeline than DOFP.

its all very confusing

Very handy explainer to the confusion of it all (time travel eh)

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/672337/X-Men-movie-timeline-explained-X-Men-Apocalypse-Essex-Corp

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I try to not think about it too much with movies like x men, they are better that way. Logan has been getting such good reviews though, can't wait to see it (thinks it's at 9.5 on imdb ATM)

BTW Happy Birthday TBC! Hope I hog the date right

Can't wait for Logan

We need to beat France today or it's curtains for our title hopes, 2011 was the last home defeat too them , we narrowly beat them here 2 years ago

• Advertisement

Logan don't look like an X Men film from the trailer, very dark and love Cash's version of Hurt

Happy Birthday TBC

Advertisement