Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy birthday TBC.

RIP Bill Paxton. In so many great films.

As one message I read said, he was the only man to be killed by a Predator, Terminator and alien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    RIP Bill Paxton. In so many great films.

As one message I read said, he was the only man to be killed by a Predator, Terminator and alien.

RIP, very likeable easy going actor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Are Chromecasts the same price everywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Are Chromecasts the same price everywhere?

Pretty much. even CEX wants full whack for 2nd hand ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

updating my TV very soon

I have a LG LM640T 3D tv since 2013 and i am upgrading to a Sony Bravia 4k Android TV model

https://pricespy.ie/product.php?p=3681433

This TV has a chromecast feature for all major apps (youtube, WWE network, Netflix etc). The google play store on the tv doesnt have much as its different to the store you get on phones/android boxes etc but theres a way around it . I will miss the 3D but only watched a few movies in 3d and didnt enjoy them that much as a 42 inch screen size is too small for the feature imo. My blu ray collection will be all over the place even more now as i will be buying 4K blu rays instead of 3d ones now

PTH2009 wrote: »
    updating my TV very soon

I have a LG LM640T 3D tv since 2013 and i am upgrading to a Sony Bravia 4k Android TV model

https://pricespy.ie/product.php?p=3681433

This TV has a chromecast feature for all major apps (youtube, WWE network, Netflix etc). The google play store on the tv doesnt have much as its different to the store you get on phones/android boxes etc but theres a way around it . I will miss the 3D but only watched a few movies in 3d and didnt enjoy them that much as a 42 inch screen size is too small for the feature imo. My blu ray collection will be all over the place even more now as i will be buying 4K blu rays instead of 3d ones now

Is the New one 43 inches?

4k isnt meant to be very noticible on screen sizes under 50 inches.

Id love a new telly myself, lol

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Is the New one 43 inches?

4k isnt meant to be very noticible on screen sizes under 50 inches.

Id love a new telly myself, lol

yeah 43 inch but have to go with that size due too to the size of my room

the youtube 4k videos ive watched on 4k tvs seems good, the android part of the tv appeals to me more tbh, i dont need my android box anymore. The smart apps on the LG tv are outdated by todays standards and theres not much of a selection compared to models from 2013-on (LG use Web Os now and its much much better)

Due an upgrade on my phone too dis year and waiting for the HTC 11 to come out

Im a sucker for technology and no im not buying a ps4 pro to go with my new sony 4k tv :D

Actually want to get a chromecast for my dad so he can watch eir sports in the kitchen. I think can get it on chromecast anyway, but it can also be streamed from an android phone?

• Advertisement

yeah 43 inch but have to go with that size due too to the size of my room

the youtube 4k videos ive watched on 4k tvs seems good, the android part of the tv appeals to me more tbh, i dont need my android box anymore. The smart apps on the LG tv are outdated by todays standards and theres not much of a selection compared to models from 2013-on (LG use Web Os now and its much much better)

Due an upgrade on my phone too dis year and waiting for the HTC 11 to come out

Im a sucker for technology and no im not buying a ps4 pro to go with my new sony 4k tv :D

Ya, I've seen that Web OS, and it's incredibly bland.

Android seems to be the way to go. Especially since you should be able to run Kodi and those other apps that are uttered in the same breath as Chris Benoit here on Boards :)

No interest in the Samsung Galaxy s8? From the leaks I've seen, it looks incredible. No sides, it's all screen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Geeeeez I tried watching a bit of the Oscars there tonight. It was all a bit too much. I nearly drowned in all the narassism and pontificating. All holier than thou.

I know it has always been a bit of a back patting circle-jerk but now that Trump has arrived it's gone up to eleven. You've never seen a more put-upon group of people.

It's not a popular opinion (or one you're allowed share) but I find the whole Trump backlash a bit OTT. He is far far far from ideal but you'd swear at times he had actively given the green light to commence genocide of females, LGBT, people of colour and muslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Geeeeez I tried watching a bit of the Oscars there tonight. It was all a bit too much. I nearly drowned in all the narassism and pontificating. All holier than thou.

I know it has always been a bit of a back patting circle-jerk but now that Trump has arrived it's gone up to eleven. You've never seen a more put-upon group of people.

It's not a popular opinion (or one you're allowed share) but I find the whole Trump backlash a bit OTT. He is far far far from ideal but you'd swear at times he had actively given the green light to commence genocide of females, LGBT, people of colour and muslims.

Basically any awards show from now on will be dominated by whatever stupid thing Trump does in the weeks leading up to said show.. Watched Jimmy Kimmel's opening monologue that's it.

As for the Trump backlash, yes I agree it's OTT but people, humanity loves to bitch about anything and anyone, no matter who they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone use Chromecast with iOS? Getting it pretty much to watch On-Demand wrestling on Pivotshare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I used to use it on ios but only for Netflix. I think they're great, have an android phone now and use the chromecast daily with it for Netflix and sports. I own plenty of gadgets but the chromecast is by far the most simple, most used & best value device I have. Now that the Network is compatible with it I'll use it even more as I can watch PPVs downstairs instead of in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

10 - 2 how Arsenal's mauling by Bayern ended, has this sealed Wenger's exit fate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    10 - 2 how Arsenal's mauling by Bayern ended, has this sealed Wenger's exit fate

I reckon he'll leave this summer. Sanchez and ozil may go too.

Interesting period ahead for united. All out assault on Europa league to try get champions league. 6th in the league with away days to spurs arsenal and city to come also missing ibrahimovic for two league games. The fa cup I could care less about but the EL is a very important trophy for united now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I didn't expect Arsenal to overcome the 4 goal deficit, but I also definitely didn't expect a second 5-1 result. I admit I don't follow football as closely as I used to when I was a kid, but I am a United fan I suppose (only started supporting them because my father tried to get me to support Arsenal as a kid, so naturally I supported the team that would annoy him most).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Arsenal have always been a player or two away from being league / CL winner potential but despite having the money Wenger and co never added that player and now it looks like Sanchez and potentially Ozil will leave. If someone like Allegri does come in to replace Wenger they will need to replace those guys with players of equal quality added to the team beforethe can even stay with the pack as teams like Spurs & Utd continue to improve. Chelsea and Man City aren't going anywhere tbh

I personally think Ozil is more replaceable as his position is where Ramsey actually plays for Wales and it is where he played for Arsenal during his purple patch where he kept scoring. If they got an Ozil standard player in another position like CF for example as well as replacing Sanchez they would be doing very well. Getting top 4 under Wenger will be huge in terms of being able to do that though as Arsenal aren't going to pay over the odds to get a star to go outside the CL teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Arsenal fans 10-2 be a bit delusional.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wow, can't believe Barca pulled it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Angron wrote: »
    Wow, can't believe Barca pulled it back.

Suarez is a maggot! He's right up there on my list of people I hate... not so much for his dive tonight but that did remind me of all the dispickable things he's done in years gone by tho!!

Ah yeah, he's a fairly awful character. The fact that he's been done for biting something like 3 times now is just absurd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So this happened on BBC News this morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

OH MY GOD! Died watching that. 10/10 stealth by the missus.

upcoming gigs include Iron Maiden, Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses in London and U2 in Croke Park

What gigs are people going to for the rest of the year ???

Im going to travel to see Metallica in the Autumn Id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'm 30 years old and I still get clothes packages from my godmother in America anytime someone comes to visit. I'm a patriots fan now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Im going to travel to see Metallica in the Autumn Id say

Praying they're coming to Ireland either Dublin or Belfast on this European tour or else I won't be seeing them, the people I'd be going with aren't keen on going to the UK if they only go there and I wouldn't be mad on going alone

2009 was the last time they were here if im not mistaken so surely 8 years is enough of a gap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

jaykhunter wrote: »
    OH MY GOD! Died watching that. 10/10 stealth by the missus.

The swagger on that first kid was phenomenal. Not one f*ck given. Meme-worthy shenanigans.

• Advertisement

How long until people complain about how the kids were handled?

Advertisement