Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How long until people complain about how the kids were handled?

Facebook is already full of people whinging about that.."nothing short of abuse..how can people laugh at this.." etc etc. Some people need to get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pentecost wrote: »
    Facebook is already full of people whinging about that.."nothing short of abuse..how can people laugh at this.." etc etc. Some people need to get a life.

To paraphrase a John Cleese quote from Monty Python's Don't Mention The War sketch: Those people have absolutely no sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Some result for Bohs last night!
    Irish game was very disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some result for Bohs last night!
    Irish game was very disappointing.

I was at the Bohs game AG, was mental. Went for a beer at half time and came back out at 48 mins to see Bohs score. Celebrated like a mad man. Didn't realise Bray had scored in the 45 and 46th minute! Thought the boys were having me on until I checked Livescore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pentecost wrote:
    Facebook is already full of people whinging about that....Some people need to get a life.

If their stuck on Facebook that's probably too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ERG89 wrote: »
    If their stuck on Facebook that's probably too late.

I'm thoroughly sick of Facebook I only still have an account so I can keep track of relatives and friends abroad (I don't need to talk to them just occasionally curious as to what they're up to!). People who comment on articles on there are the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pentecost wrote: »
    People who comment on articles on there are the worst.

I wish so much that you could only see content GENERATED by your friends/family - like only status posts, photos, and not their comments on some godforsaken click bait page. I read this article about how the more time you spend on facebook, the worse you feel about yourself, as people only present the best side of themselves (oh I'm loaded! I'm so happy, I'm always on holidays!) and I agree. Deleted facebook from my phone, I use it for keeping up my pages and that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a ****ing nightmare of a sporting weekend for me

Friday- we lose in the rugby in quite convincing fashion
    Sat- England win the championship after destroying Scotland
    Sun- Waterford lose in the hurling with a joke of a performance

not going to get any better soon i reckon

Paddys weekend we have the final day of the Rugby with England travelling too Dublin to collect the championship and (prob the GS if we play like we did against Wales)

The Weekend after (24/25/26 Mar) an Irish team missing Brady, Mccarthy, Duffy play a Welsh team (with Garth Bale) who have too win. Then on Sunday 26 Mar Waterford travel to Ennis in a must win game in the hurling a loss and were in a relagation playoff

:mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure we had this thread title before. :) Any reason for it this time?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

We were well past valentines, lantern festival, TBCs birthday so it needed updating and at short notice nothing beats a classic simpsons reference

• Advertisement

We were well past valentines, lantern festival, TBCs birthday so it needed updating and at short notice nothing beats a classic simpsons reference

'We're taking soft ball from maine to San diego'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Big interview in 25 mins! Wish me luck folks

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Best of luck

G'luck Gerry

Hope you get the Canyonero salesman job..... just remember unexplained fires are a matter for the court, smells like a steak and seats 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

good luck gerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

As a man who had an interview last week, good luck. I know Gerrys in the similar work to myself, so I really hope you get a good result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope you aced it

Anyone having a flutter on the horses for Cheltenham, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Two for tomorrow Liz.
    Yanworth race 4 @ 5/2
    Limini race 5 @ 6/4

€10 double pays €87.50.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hope the interview went well for you Gerry!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can just imagine Gerry doing his best Spud impression in the interview.
    Hope it went well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Two for tomorrow Liz.
    Yanworth race 4 @ 5/2
    Limini race 5 @ 6/4

€10 double pays €87.50.

Royal Caviar tomorrow and Sizing John for Gold Cup on Friday

Not sure the interview went too well. They told me to expect to be 35 mins, I was about 45 mins. All in all, a pleasant panel of 3, and there were some fun moments, so it wasn't all *pressure*.

Fingers crossed they were dazzled by my sparkling wit and attractive Eyelashes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,840 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can just imagine Gerry doing his best Spud impression in the interview.
    Hope it went well

I got to paraphrase Spud " I get my pleasure from other people's leisure " into a job interview many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'd say the fact it went 45 mins rather than the expected 35 is a good sign. Seems to me that they liked what they were hearing so were happy for you to keep going and selling yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Not sure the interview went too well. They told me to expect to be 35 mins, I was about 45 mins. All in all, a pleasant panel of 3, and there were some fun moments, so it wasn't all *pressure*.

Fingers crossed they were dazzled by my sparkling wit and attractive Eyelashes!

I wouldnt assume its bad, they may have been just looking for more information. One tid-bit I learned in my interview prep was that sometimes the more awkward the questions, the more they may be trying to put you over another closer candidate.

Id look positively on it, after all they arent trying to hinder you, the panel always are trying to extract information from you. the longer it went on, the more opportunity you have to give it to them.

Was it competency based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

PTH2009 wrote: »
    upcoming gigs include Iron Maiden, Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses in London and U2 in Croke Park

What gigs are people going to for the rest of the year ???

Thunder, Ben Portsmouth, Iron Maiden, Kiss (in Birmingham), Airbourne, Download Festival (in Donnington), Aerosmith, Guns n Roses (in London), Alter Bridge, ZZ Top.

I have an outside chance at U2 tickets and am waiting for the Metallica announcement too!

I LOVE LIVE MUSIC! :D

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wouldnt assume its bad, they may have been just looking for more information. One tid-bit I learned in my interview prep was that sometimes the more awkward the questions, the more they may be trying to put you over another closer candidate.

Id look positively on it, after all they arent trying to hinder you, the panel always are trying to extract information from you. the longer it went on, the more opportunity you have to give it to them.

Was it competency based?

Yup, there were 3 competencies on the form, and 2 assessed in person (communication etc!)

• Advertisement

Thunder, Ben Portsmouth, Iron Maiden, Kiss (in Birmingham), Airbourne, Download Festival (in Donnington), Aerosmith, Guns n Roses (in London), Alter Bridge, ZZ Top.

I have an outside chance at U2 tickets and am waiting for the Metallica announcement too!

I LOVE LIVE MUSIC! :D

same I dont go for sun/piss up holidays so concert holidays are my thing.

I go to most concerts on as my as i like my own company and dont have to wait around for anyone etc

Bit annoyed about Metallica not annoucing there euro tour yet as they said they were going to announce it before the end of Feb :mad::mad:

my concert could be getting quite after summer 2017 because most of my fav bands are not touring/retired. I dont expect to be heading to many shows in 2018

Advertisement