Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My keyboar is running ut of batteries ad seems to b randomy droping letters and ssing key pushes as a result. its blody anoying....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I get that as well. Dunno how many times I've flipped the current batteries to get them going again.

I've got rechargeable ones now I can use when these completely die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Just woken up by a group of Fellas outside doing the New Age Outlaws intro.Seriously.

I'm going to assume if was some off here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Just woken up by a group of Fellas outside doing the New Age Outlaws intro.Seriously.

I'm going to assume if was some off here.

Could be worse, they could be singing this. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ah lads I've never been so happy in my life. The vets say that it isn't a tumour on the dog but a very bad bruise that locked fluid that's pushing against the skin of the dog. I had a feeling because the dog wasn't in pain and in good spirits but I steel accepted the worst. I can't explain how relieved we are. The dog really adds a warmth to the home that you couldn't replace.

Funnily enough I made a promise to whatever's up there that I'd be off the beer for two months if she got the all clear (I was desperate :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's nice to hear DB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Hey if anyone has any leads for the all ireland football final I'd appreciated, I'm a donegalian in Dublin so very anxious to get to it and it'll be harder as I'm not in the county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah lads I've never been so happy in my life. The vets say that it isn't a tumour on the dog but a very bad bruise that locked fluid that's pushing against the skin of the dog. I had a feeling because the dog wasn't in pain and in good spirits but I steel accepted the worst. I can't explain how relieved we are. The dog really adds a warmth to the home that you couldn't replace.

Funnily enough I made a promise to whatever's up there that I'd be off the beer for two months if she got the all clear (I was desperate :pac:)

Great news DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joan Rivers has died RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I dont like The most recent update to the chrome app on Android. I know it's a first world problem but I was really happy with how it was before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just caught up on this place, glad the dog is ok DB!

Our dog is going on 16 now and still runs around the place like a puppy on caffeine.

We all know the time is coming though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,333 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I dont like The most recent update to the chrome app on Android. I know it's a first world problem but I was really happy with how it was before

Literally spent the entire day thinking this. :o

Liam O wrote: »
    Literally spent the entire day thinking this. :o

My main gripe is the lack of a refresh button in the address bar. It's sad I know but how else will I be able to keep up with things live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm using chrome on nexus after the update and have refresh on the left off the address bar

Predictions for tomorrow lads. Can't see Tipp winning at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm leaning towards the Cats, but that's just sort of a gut feeling.

Big Lar won't be given the space he needs but there's goals in it for Callanan. KK will destroy them in midfield.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You never know in sport! No one saw Donegal beating Dublin last weekend! I live in hope for a Tipp victory but also fear the worse!

Yeah, but the Dubs looked the stronger going into that match by virtue of a (relatively) easy campaign up to that point, which made their losing look surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Ever have a friend stop speaking to you and not know why or what have you done.

6 yrs since I have spoken to this person

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Ever have a friend stop speaking to you and not know why or what have you done.

6 yrs since I have spoken to this person
    Yeah. Though that wasn't specifically to me, he stopped talking to everyone he used to hang out with for no readily apparent reason.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah. Though that wasn't specifically to me, he stopped talking to everyone he used to hang out with for no readily apparent reason.

I know they still speak to most of my friends and she's friends with them in facebook

This happened to me once where a girl I was really friendly with gave me the cold shoulder randomly for years. Turned out it was because a distant relation of mine (literally a 3rd cousin) was sledging her brother during a club match. Funnily enough she still won't talk to me to this day. I only found out from friends asking. Maybe go down that route if you haven't already. You'll always have strangely sensitive folk like that though.

This happened to me once where a girl I was really friendly with gave me the cold shoulder randomly for years. Turned out it was because a distant relation of mine (literally a 3rd cousin) was sledging her brother during a club match. Funnily enough she still won't talk to me to this day. I only found out from friends asking. Maybe go down that route if you haven't already. You'll always have strangely sensitive folk like that though.

One of them I would of been close to tells me he hasn't seen her in years. I know the manager use to go around around telling her I fancied her. She is a good looking girl but her friendship meant to so much. I wish I could go back in time and find out from her. She lives in Dublin now.

All Ireland all shmireland Connacht are second in the league. Great win.

Caveat really wanna see tipp wIn. An hurling imo is a sport that is so beyond the realm sane player all I wsnt is a strong tough game

Of all makes sense..... great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Alaska isnt as cold as you'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Alaska isnt as cold as you'd expect.

That's disappointing. Do they all have funny accents at least?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

*HIC*

Being plyied with whiskey somewhere in Taiwan.

And Kilkenny prove why you can never count them out. A goal less than a minute into the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Expecting this Ireland game to send me to sleep. Ireland matches have become a chore to watch. Hopefully get a win though

Advertisement