Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I never done any language in school other than forced to do Irish but when l was in third level I got a test which found out I was dyslexic and I should of been exempted from studying languages. The college course I was doing had a language module so I was told to get the accisibility test

Struggle with numbers too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just looking at the list of restricted items for Slane
    http://mcd.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Guns_n_Roses-Slane_2017_FAQs-2.pdf

I don't know what's worse, the fact they have tridents listed or that they've had such a problem with bringing tridents in the past that they actually had to list it. I know Aquaman and Poseidon won't be happy. And don't expect Luke Skywalker either since Lightsabers are also listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'm sorry is it not silly that a hearing dog would be at a music concert?
    I know you could go with friends but still.....
    I wish they banned terms like Vince does (draft being the latest). Don't say "music festival" say "Ultimate Thrillride" or "Musical Extravaganza"

Of course not everyone reads the list so don't think having an iPad confiscated will go down well

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It says cameras with a detachable lense or recording equipment isn't allowed, surely a digital camera wouldn't fall under that remit would it?

• Advertisement

Considering most phones these days can record sound and video, they'll have trouble enforcing that

Come on Munster heading up too d4 2morrow

Wish Leinster all the best on Sunday

Big weekend of sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey guys, looking for a place to rent. I've heard that you should bring a deposit and first month's rent (i.e. 2 months' rent) when you're viewing a place and want to try get it. I don't want to bring straight cash (as there's zero paperwork/proof I give it to them), are there other options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Bring proof of funds to give to any potential landlord or letting agency, let them know you have it on hand, and proof of income or employment too and you can't really do any more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Very random thought: I would half consider bussing it up to the Aviva for the FAI Junior Cup Final even though it's between two sides I've no allegiance with, is that weird?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Very random thought: I would half consider bussing it up to the Aviva for the FAI Junior Cup Final even though it's between two sides I've no allegiance with, is that weird?
    Nope not weird at all no harm getting out to watch a bit of live sport. I seen Sheriff and Evergreen playing in the Leinster Junior Cup final last year which Sheriff won 2-0 thanks to an own goal and a dubious penalty so Evergreen will be out for revenge

paulie21 wrote: »
    Nope not weird at all no harm getting out to watch a bit of live sport. I seen Sheriff and Evergreen playing in the Leinster Junior Cup final last year which Sheriff won 2-0 thanks to an own goal and a dubious penalty so Evergreen will be out for revenge
    Only problem is it'll probably cost €40 return from Limerick on the Dublin Coach! I reckon Sheriff will win, their only real threats were Janesboro and St. Michael's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just on the languages thing. I spent years living in Greece in the Mid 00's and could understand alot of Greek conversations by piecing together words and speak a fair bit. If learning id recomend listening to people speaking it i.e download tv shows and stuff in that language. Been around people speaking it helps alot. And dont be afraid to try and speak phrases etc even if you cant hold a conversation

And that's a wrap on 2nd year of college :D

Officially switched to 48 today, thanks Virtanen.

Mighty stuff Lithium, the halfway mark I assume?

Officially switched to 48 today, thanks Virtanen.

Mighty stuff Lithium, the halfway mark I assume?

Aye 2 years down, 2 to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was at the Biz Expo today and there was a body paint model walking around (promoting said body-painting business). I didn't know where to look! I asked her if she got any grief about walking around almost nude and she said it's really rare, most think it's just a bit of fun, but when she does it's always old women (lol), and men of all ages appreciate the nudity. But I got there before 9am and she was just starting getting makeup on. So 9am I'm minding my own business, looking for some coffee and bam! Tits! Day was already a win.

nkVW10Q.jpg

That's me in the top left btw. In case you're wondering the model is Valkyrie Von Storm

upgraded from the HTC one m9 to the new Samsung Galaxy S8

really like the phone but would love a swipe function for swipping Pics/videos to smart tv. the curved screen/4k res are supurb,Battery life is good, apps are very fast, camera very good and as its usb type c they u get connectors for old usb types in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I was at the Biz Expo today and there was a body paint model walking around (promoting said body-painting business). I didn't know where to look! I asked her if she got any grief about walking around almost nude and she said it's really rare, most think it's just a bit of fun, but when she does it's always old women (lol), and men of all ages appreciate the nudity. But I got there before 9am and she was just starting getting makeup on. So 9am I'm minding my own business, looking for some coffee and bam! Tits! Day was already a win.

That's me in the top left btw. In case you're wondering the model is Valkyrie Von Storm

Theres the other side to that coin. Was at Old Trafford seeing Man United play Celtic about 10 years ago and I was sitting there and this other fan rocked up in front of me wearing body paint in United Colours. (all red with the crest on his front and "King Eric 7" on his back.

He was had sweat pants on and I thought it was fairly cool..... until he removed said sweat pants and was bollock naked from head to toe in body paint.

His big ****ing hairy painted arse in full view is forever etched in my mind. Im just glad I didnt see his front after he removed his jocks. Security didnt notice.

Despite a United win, the day will forever be a loss.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Back in Ireland, sitting suited up waiting for the call to be a best man... watching Archer and eating Tayto :D

• Advertisement

Back in Ireland, sitting suited up waiting for the call to be a best man... watching Archer and eating Tayto :D

Living a dream. You staying long? When where you last home?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

PTH2009 wrote: »
    upgraded from the HTC one m9 to the new Samsung Galaxy S8

Think I'll be following suit. I'm on the HTC 10, NFC has never worked. So annoying

Think I'll be following suit. I'm on the HTC 10, NFC has never worked. So annoying

HTC arent great. I loved mine previous 3 HTC phones until I got my Huawei acsend. It was seriously better in every department and Ive never gone back to HTC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Just bought a gaming laptop and looking for a good case/bag any recommendations?

Randomly decided to join Amnesty for €12 a month while out in Limerick today. Wasn't a fan of giving my card details though although they didn't take my security code. Should I be worried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Randomly decided to join Amnesty for €12 a month while out in Limerick today. Wasn't a fan of giving my card details though although they didn't take my security code. Should I be worried?

Did he have valid ID?

Get some headphones or earphones dude, the chuggers won't bother you nearly as much!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did he have valid ID?

Get some headphones or earphones dude, the chuggers won't bother you nearly as much!
    In fairness I was interested it's just last time I came across them I was under 18. I got an email to my phone straight away after saying how I had signed up and the name of the person that signed me up.

My problem is that I dont know where my money is really going. Theres so many scandals in related to charities in recent years that i find it hard to trust them to do good with the money.

I give my spare shillings and shrapnel to homeless guys on the street (who probably spend it on their vices) and If i ever do any runs I usually donate to Temple Street. I find it hard to donate to anyone else.

I rang them them up about cancelling it and they said the crowd who deal with that are gone home and will call me Tuesday. The chances anything bad could happen are slim but I'm kind of anxious about the whole thing and feel like a chump for letting myself be hustled. Need to learn to think before acting.

• Advertisement

I rang them them up about cancelling it and they said the crowd who deal with that are gone home and will call me Tuesday. The chances anything bad could happen are slim but I'm kind of anxious about the whole thing and feel like a chump for letting myself be hustled. Need to learn to think before acting.

Well I dont think you've been hustled, you did a good deed and meant well so dont be hard on yourself.

Did the charity say that or the bank? If its the charity, that sounds like a cop out that before 5pm on Friday they are gone home already. Its a ploy to avoid dealing with you in the hope you forget after the long weekend.

Advertisement