Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I rang them them up about cancelling it and they said the crowd who deal with that are gone home and will call me Tuesday. The chances anything bad could happen are slim but I'm kind of anxious about the whole thing and feel like a chump for letting myself be hustled. Need to learn to think before acting.

You can ring your bank and they can stop the payment out if you are worried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Thanks lads much appreciated.

On a lighter note I'm considering going to see Limerick play Cork at the cross on June 16 as it's supposed to be a class grounds, it's my birthday and I'm on holidays that week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote:

Living a dream. You staying long? When where you last home?

Home till next wed/thurs and haven't been since the last wedding 2/3 years back. Seems that's the excuse to get back once you get to a certain age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm a frequent visitor to the 3arena area and I'm always surprised that there is no standalone pub near the arena anyone. I knw there's a bar in the Gibson hotel but there's nothing else really that I'm familiar with. Wasn't there an underground pub there for a while ???

Heading there for wwe and iron maiden next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thanks lads much appreciated.

On a lighter note I'm considering going to see Limerick play Cork at the cross on June 16 as it's supposed to be a class grounds, it's my birthday and I'm on holidays that week.

Best LOI ground in the country and best team in the country. Hope you get a lovely evening for it. I love my trips to the Cross...even though we usually lose.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm a frequent visitor to the 3arena area and I'm always surprised that there is no standalone pub near the arena anyone. I knw there's a bar in the Gibson hotel but there's nothing else really that I'm familiar with. Wasn't there an underground pub there for a while ???

Heading there for wwe and iron maiden next weekend

The green room I think is it's name is around the corner. Walk around the building to the left of the Gibson

The green room I think is it's name is around the corner. Walk around the building to the left of the Gibson

Always here about that place but don't where it is

Have to head back to bus aras after wwe nxt Friday and get 23.45 bus back too Waterford and do it all over again for maiden the next day. Hotels too expensive for the Friday night and refuse to stay in a hostal

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Have to head back to bus aras after wwe nxt Friday and get 23.45 bus back too Waterford and do it all over again for maiden the next day. Hotels too expensive for the Friday night and refuse to stay in a hostal

I'm assuming there's reason and logic behind this?

Have to head back to bus aras after wwe nxt Friday and get 23.45 back too Waterford and do it all over again for maiden the next day. Hotels too expensive for the Friday night and refuse to stay in a hostal

These directions will sound dodgy but I promise it's grand.

So if you walk almost back into town away from the Gibson there is a building site and then an apartment complex between them there's an alley way walk down there and the pub'll be on your left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Some of the hostels in town are lovely. Well worth looking into man. Or an air bnb

• Advertisement

I'm away down the country on the Friday night if you wanna crash at my place? I'm right on the Red Luas line that serves the 3arena. That amount of travelling is far too much in 24 hours. PM if you want it pal.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm away down the country on the Friday night if you wanna crash at my place? I'm right on the Red Luas line that serves the 3arena. That amount of travelling is far too much in 24 hours. PM if you want it pal.

Cheers for the offer but have transport and stuff sorted. It's not a bad journey once the phone has a full battery and a few films

Cheers for the offer but have transport and stuff sorted. It's not a bad journey once the phone has a full battery and a few films

No probs. Any time you're up for a 3Arena show you're welcome to stay over. I've a spare room there. That goes for any of the Good Brothers on here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just spent the last week playing my first ever game of Werewolf. I'm now hooked. Anyone that's into that type of Rping should check out the Werewolf forum on boards (in forum games) for more info. Cannot recommend it enough.

Great people involved in playing and production of the monthly games. Be pre warned... It may consume your life during games!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Just spent the last week playing my first ever game of Werewolf. I'm now hooked. Anyone that's into that type of Rping should check out the Werewolf forum on boards (in forum games) for more info. Cannot recommend it enough.

Great people involved in playing and production of the monthly games. Be pre warned... It may consume your life during games!

Only played it at drink sessions and stuff but it's addictive allrite

The cards can be bought online

I'd never heard of it at all until I stumbled across a thread on boards here when browsing. Read through all the games they've had and thought it sounded class. I was right.

*hic*

Apparently I accidentally challenged a full family (which in this case equals 30+ people) to outdrink and outparty my clan in my speech... mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

ha ha! A winner is everyone competing :p what was the speech?

Best mans speech (at the last minute got told I was mc too) at my oldest bros wedding (actually used to post here a good bit "Bard")

I didn't rip into him too much, feckin round two just started though as these lads are making a weekend of it now plus the other family are all musicians... I mean who brings a harp to a pissup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I mean who brings a harp to a pissup

Someone dying for attention! That's like someone bringing a work laptop around with them at a house party, Niall! :pac:

• Advertisement

Jaysus if I didn't watch OSW I woulda thought you knew my bro as that's his non boards name, tho he never posts here anymore so I doubt stating that will garner me any snit.

Tbh the girl who has it is fierce (would not use that word if not back in Ireland) sound and there is a fiddle, banjo, accordion and more here too. Even the priest from yesterday is drinking and singing with us !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Not sure where in the forum I would ask this so apologies if its the wrong thread, group of us are traveling for a friends 30th, think the plan is a wwe theme night out, any good places to look/buy an outfit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Thought about putting this up in Soccer but it would probably cause a war so I said it'd put it here: Newcastle United, "big club" or not? I would say they are, pretty much for the reason that rain, sleet or snow, League Two or Champions League there'll be 50K people in St. James'.
    I kind of consider myself an unofficial supporter and to think it's almost been half a century since their last major trophy is unbelievable. Thoughts?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necrominus wrote: »

Ive played the last three games on here. I am absolutely dreadful at it but I absolutely adore it. :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ive played the last three games on here. I am absolutely dreadful at it but I absolutely adore it. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you've played villager in the 3 games? I lucked out (some might say) and got a wolf role in my first game.

I think I'd be an awful villager myself (the whole searching for tasks and reading through posts would not be something I'm good at). Plus you had a good record of survival until the last game if I remember which makes you fairly good in my book!

By the by, another game coming up if anyone else here wants to give it a go. A Simpsons theme (ties in nicely with beakerjoe's PW draft theme actually) which should make things extra interesting. Still spaces left for anyone interested and they're always looking for new players.

Linky: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057735874

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Apparently, Always Sunny is now broadcasting on VICELAND. Finally a chance to get into this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Thought about putting this up in Soccer but it would probably cause a war so I said it'd put it here: Newcastle United, "big club" or not? I would say they are, pretty much for the reason that rain, sleet or snow, League Two or Champions League there'll be 50K people in St. James'. I kind of consider myself an unofficial supporter and to think it's almost been half a century since their last major trophy is unbelievable. Thoughts?

I support Newcastle so I'm biased. But of course it's a big club, while you can define a "big" club by how many trophies they've won I don't think it's the one and only barometer for judging a club. St James' is packed consistently, compared to other clubs who are far more successful in the modern era. Look at the Ethiad for example, rarely a buzz or a sell out in the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Someone dying for attention! That's like someone bringing a work laptop around with them at a house party, Niall! :pac:

Nothing worse than when your having a quiet drink in a pub, enjoying the conversation and someone whips out a guitar. God it makes you wanna go all Jeff Jarrett on their ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »

Lads, whats Werewolf?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Lads, whats Werewolf?

This is probably the best description. It's derived from a card game and here are the rules re: card game

https://www.playwerewolf.co/rules/

However, the online version is slightly different and better to link you to the forum and the rules here rather than trying to explain them!!

Overview: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057659233

Werewolf Roles: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057657718

There's a game starting the end of this month with a Simpsons theme and the sign up thread I already linked above.

Advertisement