Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Necrominus wrote: »
    This is probably the best description. It's derived from a card game and here are the rules re: card game

https://www.playwerewolf.co/rules/

However, the online version is slightly different and better to link you to the forum and the rules here rather than trying to explain them!!

Overview: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057659233

Werewolf Roles: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057657718

There's a game starting the end of this month with a Simpsons theme and the sign up thread I already linked above.
    Its for PSVR ya?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its for PSVR ya?

Yeah there is a version available for PSVR but haven't played that yet. Have only played online here on boards which was great fun.

Lads (and Lassies) - have any of you any ideas for making money online? Or perhaps have done so yourselves?

I'm in dire straits with the auld bank account, and could do with a side job. I'm currently doing content creation for a friend, writing 500 word articles, but the pay is crap for a lot of work.

Anyone ever do dropshipping? Is it the holy grail, or not all it's cracked up to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One thing I did for a while a few years ago was a couple of piece for Whatculture

You'll get your pieces rejected a fair bit, and I made sweet fa but it was bit of fun mostly since it was mostly wrestling stuff I did it wasn't so much work as researching into stuff and events I already liked

One thing I did for a while a few years ago was a couple of piece for Whatculture

You'll get your pieces rejected a fair bit, and I made sweet fa but it was bit of fun mostly since it was mostly wrestling stuff I did it wasn't so much work as researching into stuff and events I already liked

Thank you - have my submission sent in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whats Dropshopping? First Werewolf, now drop shopping.... Im so behind the times.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats Dropshopping? First Werewolf, now drop shopping.... Im so behind the times.

Basically, you sell stuff on other's behalf. Find a wholesaler for whatever product you want, and get them to ship to your customers. Think it's pretty prominent on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Woah, that's pretty cool. Are there any Irish or European sites that do dropshopping?

Ive never heard of the concept but its a smart idea. But how profitable is it for the Amazon user?

From what I hear, loads of people are dropshipping now, so the market has become somewhat flooded, and less profitable as a result.

But if you can find a profitable "niche", that someone else might not have uncovered, then you may have a chance to make some proper cash

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Woah, that's pretty cool. Are there any Irish or European sites that do dropshopping?

Tonnes! A lot of people used to dropship stuff in from Aliexpress but that's not so prevalent any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Lord TSC is an Amazon or eBay seller I believe, could be worth shooting him a PM for advice if that's something you're thinking of trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Kylian Mbappé is going to be a wealthy man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I looked into Dropshipping a few years back, and opted against it. A lot of the bigger sites (Amazon, Ebay, etc) frown on it, and customers can be tetchy if they find out the person they are buying off aren't actually storing the product. Ultimately I opted against it because I like to quality check stuff before I let it get to customers.

If you've not got much money but have got time, it's a handy idea to research; you don't have to pay much up front, other than setting up a website maybe (so €20 if you spend some time learning Wordpress, which is easy to do). But the market is massively flooded as a result of that (when its easy to do, everyone will do it), and there's a negative stigma that can result in customer service issues if you're not 100% upfront about it. As you said, finding that niche will be the key if you go down the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Chris Cornell died last night :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Chris Cornell died last night :(

Who's that Brother Lith?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Who's that Brother Lith?

Front-man of Soundgarden & Audioslave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RIP

Never into his music but he had some great songs and was very talented

Eddie Vedder and the wider rock community will be devastated

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can't say I knew him by name, but looking at his stuff, Cochise and Be Yourself were two of my favorite songs during my teenage years :(

• Advertisement

Ah I had no idea he passed, loved Audioslave, liked some Sound Garden too. Such a distinctive voice. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I loved his Bond theme, was he sick?

RIP

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I loved this Bond theme, was he sick?

RIP

It's being investigated as a suicide :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's being investigated as a suicide :(

Yes just seen now suicide by hanging :(

ah man that's really sad :( poor guy. and his poor family he left behind :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Praying Munster win 2nite as I have tickets too the final next Sat and don't want to watch an all welsh final.

Best of luck to connacht but can't see them winning in Northampton. It might suite them to be in the challenge cup next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Think it's about time I bought a decent powerbank, any recommendations?
    The one I have currently was a small gift from Penneys, 1200 mah - link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

shaved my head for the first time every yesterday because of my baron corbin like hair this is taking some getting used too.

sky88 wrote: »
    shaved my head for the first time every yesterday because of my baron corbin like hair this is taking some getting used too.

I've been shaving mine a while now. I always used to get a raw blade done, but the past 12mths or so, I give it the full going over with a safety razor. Wouldn't go back to growing my hair now!

Was in the hospital today to have a device fitted. Basically a tube up the nostril, and down into the stomach. Have to have it in for 24hrs to test pH levels and muscle strength in the stomach.

I've a hiatus hernia, and I'm hoping to get it operated on in the near future. This is the first part of the torture

• Advertisement

Ah, shaving when it's your decision is the best decision! looks infinitely better as well. How does it feel?

Advertisement