Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    shaved my head for the first time every yesterday because of my baron corbin like hair this is taking some getting used too.

Best doing it now before it goes further like Corbin. Go with dignity on your terms than holding onto what is already gone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Best doing it now before it goes further like Corbin. Go with dignity on your terms than holding onto what is already gone.

Beaker you certainly brew up a storm in the Werewolves game!

Loughc wrote: »
    Beaker you certainly brew up a storm in the Werewolves game!

Im new obviously, so still finding my feet. But yeah, I enjoyed it and the fall out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    shaved my head for the first time every yesterday because of my baron corbin like hair this is taking some getting used too.

I'm clinging onto an Ambrose hairline due to an illness the last year. Pretty depressing tbh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im new obviously, so still finding my feet. But yeah, I enjoyed it and the fall out.

The fallout was hilarious. It was clear you were new they should have given you a bit more leeway.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    The fallout was hilarious. It was clear you were new they should have given you a bit more leeway.

All I will say is I wasnt trolling and had good intentions, which you will read in the dead room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've been shaving mine a while now. I always used to get a raw blade done, but the past 12mths or so, I give it the full going over with a safety razor. Wouldn't go back to growing my hair now!

Was in the hospital today to have a device fitted. Basically a tube up the nostril, and down into the stomach. Have to have it in for 24hrs to test pH levels and muscle strength in the stomach.

I've a hiatus hernia, and I'm hoping to get it operated on in the near future. This is the first part of the torture

hope you feel better gerry and its all sorted out.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    I'm clinging onto an Ambrose hairline due to an illness the last year. Pretty depressing tbh.

oh i hear you tbh ive got quite down about it through the years which i know sounds stupid to a lot of people cause they don't get how much it can dent your confidence. i can of look at myself sometimes and its alike a different person staring back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Reading posts about people shaving their heads, makes going grey at 23 a bit easier to handle :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I know that feeling. Took the clippers to my hair at around 23 after a couple of years putting it off.

9 years later and still cant bring myself to go for a full razor blade, use a beard trimmers now so what is left is very short.

May go with the blade soon as very little is left on top now and the sides are outrageously thick (like me :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Reading posts about people shaving their heads, makes going grey at 23 a bit easier to handle :pac:

Going grey since 17, gonna need to rock the Clooney in the not so distant future

• Advertisement

Going grey since 17, gonna need to rock the Clooney in the not so distant future

Form a tag team, call ourselves The Silver Foxes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Form a tag team, call ourselves The Silver Foxes :pac:

Silver Cubs if you're as young as we are :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just reading about explosion at Manchester Arena where Ariana Grande was playing. Number of fatalities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just reading about explosion at Manchester Arena where Ariana Grande was playing. Number of fatalities

very sad and scary, rip to the poor people. Was in that arena a few years ago and travelling to a concert in London next month

It would of been full of kids/teenagers cause has not been announced all speculation atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    very sad and scary, rip to the poor people. Was in that arena a few years ago and travelling to a concert in London next month

It would of been full of kids/teenagers cause has not been announced all speculation atm

Yes many young fans for Ariana Grande who herself is confirmed as safe, god help the concert goers and their worrying families and friends at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

22 confirmed dead so far, mostly teenagers I expect. Appalling news and the scary thing is there's really very little can be done to stop one determined individual.

Ha some C U NEXT Tuesday made joke of the situation on Twitter last night, he got rounded on for his insensitivity.

I thought maybe the Europa Final with Man United and Ajax would be postponed

Was Raw or SD in that arena recently too?

RAW & SD were in London recently, don't think they were in Manchester.

Very unlikely that the match will be postponed, sure look at Dortmund v Monaco. Its a day away and in a different country and UEFA hate cancelling games.

• Advertisement

Sir Roger Moore has passed away aged 89.

Ah no.

Wasnt a huge fan of him but he was a great character to hear being interviewed.

Also I adore how Alan Partidge loved him. (stop getting Bond wrong)

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Devastating to see the pictures of manchester last night.

RIP sir roger will always hold a special place for me as he was my grandads favorite bond and i remember the days id spend watching them with him

RIP

I preferred him as Simon Templar (The Saint) than as James Bond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

RIP Sir Roger Moore. I enjoyed his Bond movies. I remember Live and Let Die and Moonraker were 2 of my favourites as a kid.

And just reading more about Manchester. RIP to all victims there. 2 that have been identified so far aged 8 and 18.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    RIP Sir Roger Moore. I enjoyed his Bond movies. I remember Live and Let Die and Moonraker were 2 of my favourites as a kid.

And just reading more about Manchester. RIP to all victims there. 2 that have been identified so far aged 8 and 18.

I'd would say all are young :( so sad RIP

MU should go out and win Europa title for the city

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    MU should go out and win Europa title for the city

As if there's not enough pressure :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't see Man Utd winning 2morrow but it would be great for the city if they did

It's a game that could really go either way tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

As a Utd fan, Im very nervous. I think we will win but we have big weaknesses if Ajax are clever enough.

Advertisement