Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder will Leo make running for leader opponent Coveney his Tanaiste and get rid of Frances Fitzgerald and Garda Commissioner Noreen O'Sullivan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Terrible news from London. Thoughts and prayers too all caught up

Not sure will the gig im going to do on the 16th go ahead now but it's in a completely different part of London and there was a show there tonight

I kinda thought and hoped the Manchester concert would unite Oasis, Chris Martin of Coldplay covering Don't Look Back In Anger while good just seemed wrong but kudos to Ariana Grande she pulled off a good concert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone else said, a reunion would distract a bit. If the rumours got people watching in case it happned then maybe someone involved started the rumours. :)

Something is really bugging me on Spotify . Is that Gary Glitter in left hand side of the album art ???. Could be considered bad taste if it is him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

No. I'm not sure which particular 80s star it is, the A Ha singer maybe? Definitely not Glitter though.

Pentecost wrote: »
    No. I'm not sure which particular 80s star it is, the A Ha singer maybe? Definitely not Glitter though.

Yes looks like A Ha to me too

Good luck to anyone starting LC

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Chris Jericho coming back to Dublin in October with Fozzy..

We have a chance too put ourselves in a very good position too qualify for Russia next year on Sunday if we beat Austria but this is there last chance and they will give it there all

It would mean so much to the supporters to qualify for the world cup but lots of football too play yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Adam West has died at 88 RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ah no way, what a legend. Loved the mental version of himself he played in family guy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I told my mother this today.

Although I have no memory of doing so, she says as a toddler, I was obsessed with West Batman. So it's very likely that the show defined and entrenched my entire geeky personality as a child. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My eldest lad (he's 2)loves Batman pj's. Has never really seen much of Batman, but loves the logo etc.

I downloaded the new cartoon based on the old Batman series from the 60s (original voice case included). He loves it!

RIP Adam West

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote:
    Rip Adam West

RIP Gray Ghost :'(

**** u Tipp footballers, Only team too let me down in my €1 accum.

Had Derry, Carlow and Wexford in the hurling, Northern Ireland in the soccer and Tipperary in the football all too win

Hurling championship is now wide open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Got insured in my mother's car.
    I've had my driving test booked with ages (start of March I think) but there's a huge waiting list so I got 13 lessons and 6 months with my mother beside me from Aviva as I feel I'll probably get them all done before I'm called.

It's great being able to get behind the wheel on an everyday basis too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've had my driving test booked with ages (start of March I think) but there's a huge waiting list so I got 13 lessons and 6 months with my mother beside me from Aviva as I feel I'll probably get them all done before I'm called.

Nice one. It's great to know you have the ability to head anywhere you like at any time, when the wheels are just outside the door.

The Xbox One X

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

€500 for what is essentially an upgrade is crazy. Pretty poor press conference overall.

• Advertisement

Best of luck with the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Mayweather vs McGregor is officially happening

And not even at WrestleMania :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I reckon they put Conor over in a screwy finish to set up a rematch :pac:

And Mauro Ranallo's doing commentary for the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I reckon they put Conor over in a screwy finish to set up a rematch :pac:

John Kavanagh: "I'm the one behind the one in forty-nine and one."

I'm looking forward to this for the build alone. A lot of people saying it's a mismatch but that's part of the fun imo.

Will Floyd take him lightly? Has age caught up to him? How long can Conor last in there, and will MMA's top star get embarrassed?

The trash talking between the pair will definitely be brilliant.

Waiting for McGregor to go all Piper on Mayweather and bobyslam him Mr T style in the second round.

Virtanen wrote: »
    Mayweather vs McGregor is officially happening

And not even at WrestleMania :rolleyes:

What's the point in it really ??? Sounds like a bit of a 'who has the biggest dick contest". One thing is for sure everyone who is involved in it will be laughing all the way to the bank. Social media will be exploding over this

I'll prob stay up and watch, it could be quite entertaing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What's the point in it really ???

One thing is for sure everyone who is involved in it will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I'll prob stay up and watch, it could be quite entertaing

I think you answered your own question. The point is money and people are intrigued to see what would happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Can't imagine McGregor getting anywhere near him but they'll make it look good.

Advertisement