Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cmon Ireland 3points away here could bethe ddifference between Scotland Poland and ourselves imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hurling is better than soccer in every conceivable way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Ice hockey is the better sport lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

cena wrote: »
    Ice hockey is the better sport lads.
    tumblr_mi5q9qc8UF1rmqsnbo1_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I didn't mind what a saw of ice-hockey at the Winter Olympics thing but still wouldn't have up there with hurling or the darts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Personally, I'd prefer ice hockey to the other "American" sports (basketball, baseball, American football), but I wouldn't say it's near as good as hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Football is still the best sport by far. I wouldn't even class darts as a sport

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure we can all agree pro-wrestling is THE best sport though, yeah? :D

Angron wrote: »
    tumblr_mi5q9qc8UF1rmqsnbo1_250.gif

We beg to differ on this one

Angron wrote: »
    Personally, I'd prefer ice hockey to the other "American" sports (basketball, baseball, American football), but I wouldn't say it's near as good as hurling.

American football does drag in a good bit. If you could cut all the breaks out it would be great

• Advertisement

American football does drag in a good bit. If you could cut all the breaks out it would be great
    Probably. The very stop/start nature of the game is a big part of why I don't like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Was out shopping today and had to laugh when I saw 20 or so people hanging around the sky tv kiosk in the shopping centre watching the Hurling.

Just stay at home and go to the shops another time if the match is so important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

DM_7 wrote: »
    Was out shopping today and had to laugh when I saw 20 or so people hanging around the sky tv kiosk in the shopping centre watching the Hurling.

Just stay at home and go to the shops another time if the match is so important

Women drag men shopping so that's a compromise

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just found out ive to wait till friday to find out my result of my repeat exam :( This week is gonna go so slow , just dying to know if i passed or not :mad:

Just found out ive to wait till friday to find out my result of my repeat exam :( This week is gonna go so slow , just dying to know if i passed or not :mad:

College exam?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I feel your pain.... Fecking all Ireland repeats....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Same here though I get my results on Thursday.

College exam?
    Griever931 wrote: »
    Same here though I get my results on Thursday.

Yea college exam , and they make it even more annoying by not releasing it till 4pm on the friday . Was hoping it would be early in the morning to ease the pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Best of luck to both Furious-Red and Griever931 with exam results

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any Rooster Teeth fans who aren't sponsors? Have a free 3 month sponsorship I can gift to someone. Got it cause I backed their movie on IndieGoGo, but already have a 12 month sponsorship anyway. Figured I'd ask on here first and see if anyone likes them but hasn't tried being a sponsor.

(Please only say yes if you genuinely are a fan :P You'll need an account on their site, but after that, it's discounts on merch, early video screenings, bonus sponsor videos every Friday, and much, much more... :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,446 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michael Schumacher has finally left hospital to continue his recovery at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Back to college tomorrow. No doubt 4th year is going to be stressful year.

Aye, first day back tomorrow for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Apparently Gmail was hacked so you may want to change your password or at least turn on two pass log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

For those interested Girl meets World starts tomorrow on Disney. Its essentially a continuation of Boy meets World but Corey and Tapenga are now the parents. All original characters from Boy meets World will be in it so hopefully Vader will make a few appearances

Richard Kiel, aka Jaws from James Bond, died. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Just got a presie of flights and tickits to WWE in wembley in November, score :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

FFP looks more like a joke than ever right now.

Originally, they had to include 8 homegrown which made people think they were serious about it. On appeal it was dropped to 5 homegrown players in a squad of 21, meaning it still felt like a punishment, just not as severe. Now, it's been reduced to 1. The other English clubs still have to include 4. Not sure how they decided that was a punishment for City.

• Advertisement

Passed my exam :)

Advertisement