Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thunderlips and Rocky?

I though that was Hogan and Kidman from 2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,179 ✭✭✭✭briany

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thunderlips and Rocky?

I though that was Hogan and Kidman from 2000

I heard that whole thing stemmed out of an incident where Hogan passed by Perry Saturn in the back and said to him, "What's up, Satellite?". Saturn took this to mean that Hogan was so stuck up and so aloof that he didn't even know many of the midcarders names, and went to the dirtsheets to talk about what a piece of sh*t and a diva he thought Hogan was, and his displeasure that Hogan apparently wasn't interested in elevating any younger talent. Somehow, in all of that, Kidman was brought into the fold, perhaps as an example of a talent being held back, and an Internet campaign gathered steam for Kidman v. Hogan.

briany wrote: »
    I heard that whole thing stemmed out of an incident where Hogan passed by Perry Saturn in the back and said to him, "What's up, Satellite?". Saturn took this to mean that Hogan was so stuck up and so aloof that he didn't even know many of the midcarders names, and went to the dirtsheets to talk about what a piece of sh*t and a diva he thought Hogan was, and his displeasure that Hogan apparently wasn't interested in elevating any younger talent. Somehow, in all of that, Kidman was brought into the fold, perhaps as an example of a talent being held back, and an Internet campaign gathered steam for Kidman v. Hogan.

I like Kidman, but he way out of his league in that feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Welcome to Donegal rally weekend. Time for me to get out of town away from all the wannabes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking back at my 10 years of going too gigs I've seen a fare share of rock heavyweights (some a few times) Metallica, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses, RHCP, ACDC, Aerosmith, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Rush, Motley Crue, Kiss, Def Leppard, Journey, Stone Roses among others. It's a good but expensive hobbie lol

Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters (Could not make Slane 2015) are still on my bucket list too see live. I'd strongly consider going too see The Rolling Stones and Oasis and The Smiths (if they both reform)

First gig was the Saturday of oxegen 2007 when I was 17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The first concert I was ever at was Springsteen in Slane in 85 I was a kid and every concert since has had to live up to that moment and 99% failed no matter how good they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Thanks to Advanced Gh0st for help me find my way back!

Passed all my exams, got the results today. Two B2's and a C2. Was sure I failed one of those B2's! Celebrating by working my second job and eating runny jam and toast. The glamour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Thanks to Advanced Gh0st for help me find my way back!

Passed all my exams, got the results today. Two B2's and a C2. Was sure I failed one of those B2's! Celebrating by working my second job and eating runny jam and toast. The glamour

Well Done Gerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fixed your post.

Its a nice gesture, but lets be honest its a PR move mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why is Triple H in the country? UK Championship reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well Alter Bridge were pretty damn amazing last night, definitely going to see them when they come back in October :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well Alter Bridge were pretty damn amazing last night, definitely going to see them when they come back in October :D

Raging i missed them - they're coming back in October? Fantastic news!!!

Raging i missed them - they're coming back in October? Fantastic news!!!

It was fantastic, yeah Myles said it on stage last night, October 7th, tickets on sale Friday I think..

I'm not normally one to share gig photos on forums, but this one I took of Myles Kennedy is to be the one and only exception.

19390968_1731251120224504_7266339295475080818_o.jpg?oh=d33248585b726a1f51b7ef5e82260d41&oe=59C4CB93

They played Metalingus.... thats all that mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Well Alter Bridge were pretty damn amazing last night, definitely going to see them when they come back in October :D It was fantastic, yeah Myles said it on stage last night, October 7th, tickets on sale Friday I think..

Awesome! I was there as well up in the balcony. Lovely pic! There was some knob in a CM Punk shirt that had an amazing spot up front but spent the entire concert reviewing the pics he took. Ah jeez!

Was there with OOC - yer man Myles has an AMAZING voice. Looks to be super-humble as well, he looked so happy and grateful for the love he was getting.

Everyone flipped for Edge's theme of course :D

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/877317405873233920

One of, if not the best, entrance tunes ever

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Awesome! I was there as well up in the balcony. Lovely pic! There was some knob in a CM Punk shirt that had an amazing spot up front but spent the entire concert reviewing the pics he took. Ah jeez!

Was there with OOC - yer man Myles has an AMAZING voice. Looks to be super-humble as well, he looked so happy and grateful for the love he was getting.

Everyone flipped for Edge's theme of course :D

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/877317405873233920

Yeah, the benefits of getting there earlier, being one of the first 100 in has it's advantages for pictures, case in point my one of Myles a few posts up. He's got jokes too, from what I heard prior to the gig, their all down to Earth people,happy to stand for pictures/sign stuff/talk to fans, cause what's a band without it's fans, and I just missed them by 5 minutes on Tuesday. But got one of Myles's guitar picks and a thumbs up.

That's how I've to explain them to people :pac:
    One of, if not the best, entrance tunes ever

Definitely, as for one of the best, it'd have some competition.

U2 on the 22nd July in Croke Park
    Metallica in Glasgow 26th Oct
    Queen on the 25th November in the 3arena (going for more of nostalgia effect, there not the same band without freddie)

Are all my concerts left for 2017. Some year of concerts for myself so far

Hopefully I'll have a few in 2018

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    U2 on the 22nd July in Croke Park
    Metallica in Glasgow 26th Oct
    Queen on the 25th November in the 3arena (going for more of nostalgia effect, there not the same band without freddie)

Are all my concerts left for 2017. Some year of concerts for myself so far

Hopefully I'll have a few in 2018

Thats a bucket list of acts dude

Thats a bucket list of acts dude

Yeah its a cool but expensive hobby lol

2017 gigs so far
    Avenged Sevenfold/Disturbed
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden
    Aerosmith
    Guns N Roses

Unreal and quite a lot of rock heavyweights in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Definitely, as for one of the best, it'd have some competition.

Has a tournament ever been done here for best theme song? That would be a great tournament for sure

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah its a cool but expensive hobby lol

2017 gigs so far
    Avenged Sevenfold/Disturbed
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden
    Aerosmith
    Guns N Roses

Unreal and quite a lot of rock heavyweights in there

Ah bless you do love your trashy pop music :p thought you might venture to see hard rock man Justin Bieber

Has a tournament ever been done here for best theme song? That would be a great tournament for sure

Quick someone get Omack to do up a thread..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Quick someone get Omack to do up a thread..

It's been done... twice!

WWE version

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057102501

Non WWE version

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057142004

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ah bless you do love your trashy pop music :p thought you might venture to see hard rock man Justin Bieber

I was tempted but I'll be seeing enough corny stuff in Croke Park and Glasgow for Metallica lol

From bonos rants too the chessy 'tallica family' stuff

Exams passed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Exams passed :D

Congrats dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Omackeral wrote: »

So before the CFO$ era really took hold. Might be time to have another one? Though let's save ourselves the bother of having any prelims and go straight to the final as we all know it will be Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode.

Advertisement