Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Neil3030 wrote: »
    So before the CFO$ era really took hold. Might be time to have another one? Though let's save ourselves the bother of having any prelims and go straight to the final as we all know it will be Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode.

Maria and Mike say hello, love their theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Maria and Mike say hello, love their theme

Stop being difficult :pac:

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Stop being difficult :pac:

I must admit I love a good wrestling theme.

I used to work in a sports shop where they had a tape deck (very outdated, it was 2004 BTW) which pumped the music over the store. I used to every so often slip a mix tape into the sound system with a few wrestling themes on it. The reaction was never good as I was the only wrestling fan but I used to love the odd time a customer would notice "Hey, isn't that Triple H's song?"

Yes it is my friend, yes it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Exams passed :D

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I used to every so often slip a mix tape into the sound system with a few wrestling themes on it.

That's awesome :pac: I was in CEX beside Trinity and Nakamura's theme came on. Tried my best not to flip out and do his entrance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've been known on nights out to belt out Shawn Michaels entrance theme.

Sadly no video exists :pac:

I've been known on nights out to belt out Shawn Michaels entrance theme.

Sadly no video exists :pac:

Ah don’t start with me when it comes to nights out/alcohol and wrestling.

My mates and me had a tendency in our youth to do finishing manoeuvres to each other on the dancefloor of night clubs. From Rock Bottoms to F5’s, we would often be asked to stop/leave by the establishment.

The most notable of times being in Coopers one night midweek when it wasn’t too busy, some random lad was showing off doing break dance moves badly on the dancefloor. At the end of his routine, he was on his back after spinning with his legs in the air when me, in my drunken state, sees an opportunity to pounce. With yer man’s legs in the air, I proceeded to grab him by the legs and flip him over into a Walls of Jericho.

Now that’s drunken me, putting a wrestling submission move on a complete stranger while shouting “come on baby”. Thankfully this guy, who towered over be once he got back to his feet, was a fairly sound wrestling fan too and took it well.

In hindsight, He could have easily killed me and he would be well right to do so. But needless to say it ended well :)

Theres also the Fozzy incident! :(

My mates and me had a tendency in our youth to do finishing manoeuvres to each other on the dancefloor of night clubs. From Rock Bottoms to F5’s, we would often be asked to stop/leave by the establishment.

The most notable of times being in Coopers one night midweek when it wasn’t too busy, some random lad was showing off doing break dance moves badly on the dancefloor. At the end of his routine, he was on his back after spinning with his legs in the air when me, in my drunken state, sees an opportunity to pounce. With yer man’s legs in the air, I proceeded to grab him by the legs and flip him over into a Walls of Jericho.

Now that’s drunken me, putting a wrestling submission move on a complete stranger while shouting “come on baby”. Thankfully this guy, who towered over be once he got back to his feet, was a fairly sound wrestling fan too and took it well.

In hindsight, He could have easily killed me and he would be well right to do so. But needless to say it ended well :)

I just stick to badly sung themes, but that is a brilliant story :D

Though I did hit my cousin with a Super kick on a dare..

Fozzy incident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This is one of the best stories i've ever read! :D:D:D

Imagine yer man's shock, as he was getting cranked back into the Walls? You should have put on the Lion Tamer for extra effect!

And ticket for Alter Bridge in October is bought :D

• Advertisement

I

Fozzy incident?

Well Ill start from the beginning.
    Back in 2007 I think, Fozzy played the Voodoo Lounge in Dublin. Great gig, plenty of moshing and stage diving. I never stage dived in my life, terrified of it in fact. I’m a huge Jericho mark and my mates often slag me over it. So whilst at the gig on of one of my mates suggests “Why don’t we throw Joey on stage and get him to stage dive” knowing my fear of it.

So in between songs, my mates push me up on stage and Jericho spots me and is really cool having a chat with me over the mic. My mates being chanting “Stage dive” to which others join in and Jericho reckons I should stage dive at 3. So I do and get caught by the crowd and it’s a great experience. Gig continues and I’ve a really cool memory of meeting a hero and stage diving for the first time. Great time and happy days.

But that’s not the story, it’s just the prelude.

Fast forward a few years later, possibly 2010 (I will have to check my dates), and Fozzy return to play the Button Factory. I am hyped and declare that I can’t wait to stage dive again!

So the gig comes round and it’s much tighter security. The gig is fine but I’m fairly drunk and hell bent on stage diving, but with the heightened security visibly present, no one is stage diving at this gig. But I’m determined and know the set list, so I decide that at the final song “Freewheel Burning”, Ill hope on stage and stage dive. So Freewheel burning plays and that’s my cue.

Video below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJVjvNpTNRI

So that’s me hoping on stage, panicking as Security make a beeline for me, and diving off the 4 and a half ft stage.

What you don’t see is when I dive the crowd parts, no one catches me and I go hip first onto the concrete floor below hip first. So security pick me up and drag me to the exit.

But things take a further twist when Rich Ward of the band follows me. Why you ask? Well, as I ran and dived from the stage in my moment of drunken stupidity, my leg caught the wire from his guitar as I dived, So I took the guitar out of his hands as I dived mid song.

He was sound and say the funny side of it but I was mortified. I haven’t stage dived since.

And ticket for Alter Bridge in October is bought :D

They back again so soon?

They back again so soon?

Yeah, was announced by Myles on stage Tuesday night to the roaring delight of everyone in the Olympia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

remember i hurt my neck when i was 8 trying to do a wrestling move (cant remember which)

one thing i do hate in live in fake fighting (although thats what pro wrestling is :D) eg 2 lads in the middle of town trying to show off, lads in pubs etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Exams passed :D

Well Done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So I got sunburnt last week so all week I've been putting aftersun on well who knew some aftersuns had tan in them and now my body is quite orange ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I've only ever crowd surfed once at a gig in London. Can't remember it too well but I was unscathed and the security were fine with it as in I was guided out of the secure area, back into the crowd and asked if I was OK.

Wouldn't do it today as I'm older. It's not particularly safe for either the surfer or the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I must admit I love a good wrestling theme.

I used to work in a sports shop where they had a tape deck (very outdated, it was 2004 BTW) which pumped the music over the store. I used to every so often slip a mix tape into the sound system with a few wrestling themes on it. The reaction was never good as I was the only wrestling fan but I used to love the odd time a customer would notice "Hey, isn't that Triple H's song?"

Yes it is my friend, yes it is.

Had to be the My Time so was it?

1,2, is thing on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

oneilla wrote: »
    I've only ever crowd surfed once at a gig in London. Can't remember it too well but I was unscathed and the security were fine with it as in I was guided out of the secure area, back into the crowd and asked if I was OK.

Wouldn't do it today as I'm older. It's not particularly safe for either the surfer or the crowd.

I wish people would stop trying it at gigs I go to. I want to see a band play, not have to avoid some idiot kneeing me in the skull. I have a particular dislike for the whole thing since the Lamb of God frontman ended up on trial for manslaughter because a fan died jumping off the stage.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Welcome to Donegal rally weekend. Time for me to get out of town away from all the wannabes

I don't get the appeal of standing about, and watching cars constantly donut around a cone..

Ooh lads and ladies look at me, I'm in my car, spinning around a cone, I'm well cool..

Has to be the stupidest thing ever..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't get the appeal of standing about, and watching cars constantly donut around a cone..

Ooh lads and ladies look at me, I'm in my car, spinning around a cone, I'm well cool..

Has to be the stupidest thing ever..

No more stupid than watching two fellas pretending to fight.

Omackeral wrote: »
    No more stupid than watching two fellas pretending to fight.

I set myself up for that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anything that's organised and out of the way isn't a problem. It's the ones who go around the town and just do donuts at junctions, etc as well as revving non stop while cruisin.
    I usually either leave town or stock up and stay in the house.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stuck in Manchester airport. Flight delayed cause they just told us they need to find a new crew for the plane :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Stuck in Manchester airport. Flight delayed cause they just told us they need to find a new crew for the plane :(

That was your chance to step up to the plate!

So I get to my hotel room, open the door and, no joke, there's a life size cardboard cutout of Donald Trump looking back at us!

As well as about 40 bottles of water, wine and a still-in-plastic coffee maker that looked expensive. Have us a fright walking in and seeing the orange one grinning back! Apparently someone was using the room as a storage room and didn't clear it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

obligatory pic of course!! :p

421057.JPG My brother holding it up....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So, the IFI is screening a 70mm print of Dunkirk next month. Anyone else up for it? Jay, I missed out on meeting you the last time I went up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So I get to my hotel room, open the door and, no joke, there's a life size cardboard cutout of Donald Trump looking back at us!

As well as about 40 bottles of water, wine and a still-in-plastic coffee maker that looked expensive. Have us a fright walking in and seeing the orange one grinning back! Apparently someone was using the room as a storage room and didn't clear it out.

Free wine, happy days.

Advertisement