Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ireland sure loves Ed Sheeran more dates added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ireland sure loves Ed Sheeran more dates added

That is quiet the understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The next civil war will be between Garth Brooks fans and Ed Sheeran fans. Or, god help us, they team up and take over the country.

Pentecost wrote: »
    The next civil war will be between Garth Brooks fans and Ed Sheeran fans. Or, god help us, they team up and take over the country.

And if such an apocalyptic event were to occur.

:pac:

It is sheer(an) madness :p

Conor's suit certainly made a statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The next McGregor/Mayweather conference from Toronto is meant to start in 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The next McGregor/Mayweather conference from Toronto is meant to start in 15 minutes.

It's never, ever starting is it?

That was worth the wait! McGregor was off the charts good. That was riveting.

"Why are you up here with a schoolbag? You can't f*cking read!"

Dayummmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

All this McGregor and Mayweather stuff is so Hollywood and is so cringy. It's all about the $$$$$ and you can be guaranteed they will have a big hug and chat about how respect they have for one another when the fight concludes

Why Does Dana White always have that smirk on his face ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    All this McGregor and Mayweather stuff is so Hollywood and is so cringy. It's all about the $$$$$ and you can be guaranteed they will have a big hug and chat about how respect they have for one another when the fight concludes

Why Does Dana White always have that smirk on his face ??

When ya think about it, the same thing can be said for professional wrestling. As for Dana and smirk, when all is said and done, he'll have made a **** tonne of money that most of us here could only day dream about making.

• Advertisement

It's very WWE-esque. I actually thought the bit where Floyd took the flag and Conor took the bag looked like something staged (as a wrestling fan I tend to be very suspicious about things like this :pac:).

I enjoy the showmanship aspect though. That's probably down to being a wrestling fan. It surprises me how boxing purists get pissed off by this stuff. I mean, Ali is generally seen as the all-time great of the sport and he was utterly influenced by wrestling as he himself admitted. It's all about getting us to part with the cash at the end of the day.

I sure as hell ain't gonna be shelling €86.75 for it, I'll go to a friends and watch it instead.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I sure as hell ain't gonna be shelling €86.75 for it, I'll go to a friends and watch it instead.

Is it that much ???

I was expecting it too be around €21-€30. Feck that I'll try and find a stream or try and get a copy a few hours after

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is it that much ???

I was expecting it too be around €21-€30. Feck that I'll try and find a stream or try and get a copy a few hours after

Yeah, $99 dollars.

Arguably the biggest fight either side of boxing & UFC and you were expecting it to be between €21-€30, this isn't any normal boxing fight. How else did you think everyone connected to Conor or Floyd were gonna make millions from this?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah, $99 dollars.

Arguably the biggest fight either side of boxing & UFC and you were expecting it to be between €21-€30, this isn't any normal boxing fight. How else did you think everyone connected to Conor or Floyd were gonna make millions from this?

It could be over after one round when the actual Boxer knocks out the MMA fighter

It will be interesting though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is that not just the US price though? Usually they charge huge money for PPVs ( think it's $60/70 per WWE PPV for example).

I reckon they'll charge the usual £19.95/€24.95 as per Sky Box Office here. No way it sells well in Europe at US prices. Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I read somewhere that Mayweather and Pacquiao made a huge bulk of their money off closed circuit broadcasts in Las Vegas. So if you were staying in the hotel of the arena, you could buy the fight in your room for something like $150 (if the regular price was $100). But everywhere else in Vegas was blacked out for individual customers, and if you wanted to see the fight, you needed to go to venues who paid a fortune to rebroadcast the fight on a closed circuit feed, and tickets for entry would be anything up to $1500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is it not that sky dont sell over the 25 mark because its not in primetime so cant charge as much as they could like the Americans do

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sky88 wrote:
    Is it not that sky dont sell over the 25 mark because its not in primetime so cant charge as much as they could like the Americans do

That's actually a very good point and probably very true. People just aren't going to pay upwards of 50 quid to watch a 6am event.

Although Joshua/Klitchsko was priced similarly at a time you would probably consider prime (for these type of events I mean) so maybe it's a figure they've worked out as what the British/Irish audiences are willing to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Lads have a free ticket to the Bruce prichard thing tonight in Dublin. It's a VIP one and it can go free to a boardsie with the provision that you don't be a dick and take it just to sell it.

• Advertisement

Roger Federer wins at Wimbledon again without dropping a set whole tournament some comeback this year for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Its my first born's 3rd birthday today.

Little Michaelbbadd is having a whale of a time with his Lightning Mc Queen presents!

Excellent name for a little boy.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its my first born's 3rd birthday today.

Little Michaelbbadd is having a whale of a time with his Lightning Mc Queen presents!

Happy Birthday to the little fella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Bad state of affairs when tour de France is the only sport watching on TV :(

u2 in Croker saturday and then the Waterford vs Wexford game in the new Pairc in Cork on Sunday

Spent a couple of hours at a friends yesterday listening to Little Richard on vinyl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So turns out all those break times were actually training sessions. Professional tig

https://twitter.com/worldchasetag/status/885527449945206784

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Thunderstorms while sitting behind a cosy desk at work are fun.

• Advertisement

I love watching lightning, there's something amazing, yet equally terrifying about it.

Though I find my point funny, considering I was scared of lightning as a child.

Advertisement