Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Also seconding the love for TTG. Have played:

The Walking Dead S1 and S2
    The Wolf Among Us (I've actually just discovered they've announced a 2nd season :eek::D)
    Minecraft Story Mode
    Batman

Have played Ep 1 of Game of Thrones (thanks to PS+, even though I don't watch the series), haven't gotten around to the rest of the season yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've not played the Telltale games but I've watched most of them on the Youtube channel 'theRadBrad'. Dunno if anyone is familiar with him but I think he's very good. He seems a cool guy and shuts up when the storyline bits are going on which is what I want. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd fully recommend Life Is Strange to anyone who enjoys the Telltale Games, I think the season pass was free a couple months ago on PS+. Similar gameplay but with a well implemented
    time travel
    twist, great soundtrack & story plus there's a new one coming out soon.

Yeah, I picked that up on ps+, only getting around to downloading it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd fully recommend Life Is Strange to anyone who enjoys the Telltale Games, I think the season pass was free a couple months ago on PS+. Similar gameplay but with a well implemented

Really liked Life Is Strange as well. I think there's a sequel dropping in the near future.

Also a fun game based around the episodic kind of thing is the King's Quest remake. It's a tad more expensive than the others but quite fun in parts.

Resident Evil Revelations is another one although I've only played part 1 of that so far (kinda hard to play a survival horror game with 2 young kids in the house :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads does anyone know how to stream spotify from PC to chromecast?

Edit: Up and running now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's v kind! I would love TWD Michonne but only if someone else doesn't snap it up, would rather someone new dipping a toe into Telltale games!

I need an email to enter so I can send it your way :) PM it if you want the game.

Still have

Walking Dead (Season 1 & 2)
    Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
    Game of Thrones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id love a walking dead one if you still have one TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I think you can get The Walking Dead season 1 if you jusy pay 1 dollar. It's worth it & you can choose where your donation goes if you don't trust the charity.
    It's a simple setup too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id love a walking dead one if you still have one TSC

Fire me off an email address and I'll send you the steam codes for the two seasons :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

thank you TSC! Rock on! Gotta get Samoa Joe's MACHETE and join Michonne!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Question for any one, I downloaded a GN'R soundboard, but the files are .M4A, now said soundboard plays fine on iTunes, but would they need converting to .mp3 to be burned onto CD's? Or would iTunes do it automatically?

Ya it'd be automatic to .wav

put your blank CD in and maybe create a playlist with the tracks, click burn to disc! http://www.wikihow.com/Burn-a-CD-with-iTunes

Guys is there a way to track online games for when they go on sale? Like get an email when something drops to $20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

can you do it through isthereanydeal?

https://isthereanydeal.com/

thanks! does the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I just seen John Heard died aged 72. He of home alone fame (Kevin's dad).

I knew he appeared in the sopranos but didn't realise he was in so much other stuff like Miami Vice and movies beaches and pelican brief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kankan14 wrote: »
    I just seen John Heard died aged 72. He of home alone fame (Kevin's dad).

I knew he appeared in the sopranos but didn't realise he was in so much other stuff like Miami Vice and movies beaches and pelican brief!

I didn't realise he was that age :o RIP

I liked him in The Client tv series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,839 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Home Alone is 27 years old now he would have been 45 in that.

Time files and especially for actors as they stay the same age as we remember them in a film or show no matter how many years pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Ya it's like a time warp thing.

To think I was 4 years old when he was in that!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    can you do it through isthereanydeal https://isthereanydeal.com/

Wow, that worked quick! The Sexy Brutale (was €20, now €14.35) https://2game.com/the-sexy-brutale

Wait, is 2game a dodgy site? If it's a resale site that doesn't give devs money I'll just pay full whack. Anyone?

• Advertisement

Looking online seems to say they're grey market. Didn;t realise isthereanydeal did those, since they don't have the likes of cdkeys, g2A or kinguin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Last couple pages in this thread may as well be in klingon.

Have no clue what ye are on about...

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looking online seems to say they're grey market. Didn;t realise isthereanydeal did those, since they don't have the likes of cdkeys, g2A or kinguin.

ok cheers i'll close the wallet for now!
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Last couple pages in this thread may as well be in klingon. Have no clue what ye are on about...

Do you remember those Steve Jackson choose your own adventure books? There's a videogame equivalent and they're a lot of fun with a low barrier to entry (ie you don't need twitch skills or any of that, you just enjoy the storyline and choose what you want your character to say/decisions to make). So much so it's available on smartphones. It's wrapped up in great writing and music with a cool art-style. Give this a watch, let us know if u like what you see!

Feel like a freakin' drug pusher how I've been pushing The Wolf Among Us today :P

I've only played the first Walking Dead season and the 400 Days. Have pretty much all their other stuff from previous bundles up to Game of Thrones, I think.

So most of Drogheda has been without water since Friday and they just cut mine off this morning.

And they are saying it won't be back till at least Thursday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So most of Drogheda has been without water since Friday and they just cut mine off this morning.

And they are saying it won't be back till at least Thursday :(

75000 with out water on an extremely hot stretch of weather, god help the elderly and anyone with young kids

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So most of Drogheda has been without water since Friday and they just cut mine off this morning. And they are saying it won't be back till at least Thursday :(

Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully it'll be sorted sooner than that. Otherwise it's time to visit some friends or hit the gym!

Tickets for McGregor vs Mayweather go on sale this evening the cheapest id $505 and the most expensive is $10,000 through Ticketmaster.

You have more money than sense if you pay that kind of money for an exhibition fight I think myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yet people will fork over silly money for said tickets. Not that I begrudge them for doing so.

Advertisement