Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully it'll be sorted sooner than that. Otherwise it's time to visit some friends or hit the gym!

Touch wood, we're not bad off at home. We've got the car, we've got social media and such, so we know whats happening, and there's no small kids or elderly.

But there's vulnerable people in a bad way. Queues of people waiting to get water from tanks on the side of the road. A lot of shops and restaurants shut. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So most of Drogheda has been without water since Friday and they just cut mine off this morning.

And they are saying it won't be back till at least Thursday :(

That is some dose, is Irish Water and local TDs there doing anything or are all on holidays, I'd say alot of the Dail was at U2 at Croke Park

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That is some dose, is Irish Water and local TDs there doing anything or are all on holidays, I'd say alot of the Dail was at U2 at Croke Park

Irish Water were working 9-5 over the weekend, but failed to fix the issue. Apparently there isn't a spare pipe sitting round now, so they are having to get one made and transported down.

Only seen one TD talking about it, O'Dowd of FG. The others have copped on, checking their twitter feeds now, but it took them a few days to actually start giving out.

Apparently its now being cycled on and off for 3 hours, being rationed for different areas, so am filling the bath right now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Benn playing the first episode of The Wolf Amoung Us on my phone, its very enjoyable on the phone. Thanks guys for the recommendation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tickets for McGregor vs Mayweather go on sale this evening the cheapest id $505 and the most expensive is $10,000 through Ticketmaster.

You have more money than sense if you pay that kind of money for an exhibition fight I think myself.
    If I had that sort of money to throw around, I'd be getting myself a new gaming PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Angron wrote: »
    If I had that sort of money to throw around, I'd be getting myself a new gaming PC.

yeah the match could be over pretty quickly and the mid card could be ****e (if there is one ???)

with those prices no wonder Boxing matches are always full of rich celebs

Angron wrote: »

Sure I will probably regret staying up for it let alone paying that kind of money to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Benn playing the first episode of The Wolf Amoung Us on my phone, its very enjoyable on the phone. Thanks guys for the recommendation

Yes....yes...! Let the Fables flow through you! :pac: Any characters stand out to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

^^^ Read the above in Emperor Palpatine's voice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Sure I will probably regret staying up for it let alone paying that kind of money to see it.

I'm imagining Floyd will win because it's not McGregor's usual discipline, but I'd love to see Mayweather get absolutely battered. That being said, I have no actual investment in the match, so *shrug*

• Advertisement

Yes....yes...! Let the Fables flow through you! :pac: Any characters stand out to you?

Well Ive just been to Toads hows, I dont trsut him but I dont want to rough him up in front of his kid, thats when Ive saved.

Right now, I don't like Snow's boss but thats really it. Im not sure who killed Faith but Im ruling out the Woodsman.

I knw Americans are insane already but The Rock as there president in 2020 ??? WTF

He would be a cool guy to be ur president but nooo. Imagine what the presidential fitness test would be ???.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I knw Americans are insane already but The Rock as there president in 2020 ??? WTF He would be a cool guy to be ur president but nooo.

That was revealed to be some hopeful person trying to persuade The Rock should run. I know you're just joking, but considering everyone loves the Rock, is incredibly professional, and the current President spending his time trolling people on twitter, he'd make a fine successor.

That was revealed to be some hopeful person trying to persuade The Rock should run. Em, considering everyone loves the Rock, is incredibly professional, and the current President spending his time trolling people on twitter, he'd make a fine successor.

But he's a wrestler, Actor and build like a superhero ???. How would he maintain his physique if he was running the free world ?

I'd say cast him in a presidential role in some movie and we see is he cut out???

Imagine Prince Philip and Little Micky meeting him good god it would be delightful

Easy! Turn the oval office into a gym. Slash the military budget citing his biceps as the 'only guns we'll need' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm 34 today.

Nearly forgot it was my birthday, only for the Facebook notifications!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GERRY! GERRY! GERRY! GERRY! GERRY!

e12fab329fb08fca52de011650cb4e72--happy-birthday-brother-funny-funny-happy-birthday-pictures.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Feliz cumpleanos Gerry!

I'm trying to learn Spanish at the moment.

Happy birthday Gerry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pentecost wrote: »

I'm trying to learn Spanish at the moment.

I'm on week 5 of a 10 week course myself! How you finding it!?

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Gerry.

Happy Birthday Gerry,

Episode 1 down in The Wolf Amoung Us, love it. Bargain for 799 on the mobile. Love it and recommend it on the mobile (first episode is free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm on week 5 of a 10 week course myself! How you finding it!?

Muy bien! Doing it through the Duolingo app. I'm doing about 20 minutes a day so it's mainly the vocabulary at the moment and basic sentences but looking back I've made a fair bit of progress in three weeks, I'm now 22% fluent according to the app though I'm taking that with a pinch of salt. I'd definitely recommend the app if you want to do it at your own pace. You can teach yourself multiple languages, even Irish I think.

I wish we could go one day without that Oompa Loompa making the headlines. He's now banned transgender people from serving in the U.S Military because they "cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lá breithe sona Gerry have a good one!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wish we could go one day without that Oompa Loompa making the headlines. He's now banned transgender people from serving in the U.S Military because they "cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail."

But...but...he held a flag once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy birthday Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

beakerjoe wrote:
    Episode 1 down in The Wolf Amoung Us, love it. Bargain for 799 on the mobile. Love it and recommend it on the mobile (first episode is free)

If you paid for the telltale bundle they are now giving Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead 400 Days, Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse and the admittedly dire Jurassic Park game in it too.
    For 8 quid it's a snip.

YAAAAAAAA! I love the intro song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm 34 today.

Nearly forgot it was my birthday, only for the Facebook notifications!

Happy Birthday

Advertisement