Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Congrats, same here too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Better day from United today, hopefully it's a sign of things to come (hopefully).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Angron wrote: »
    Better day from United today, hopefully it's a sign of things to come (hopefully).

I honestly think we can win the quadruple this year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Did enjoy that a lot. Di Maria was fantastic and will tear apart better sides than QPR this year. Hope this is the start of Mata reaching his previous heights at Chelsea too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I honestly think we can win the quadruple this year :pac:
    7299f06ec097283bffe940542ddb2578_crop_north.jpg?w=543&h=361&q=75
    I Bo-lieve! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Looking at their fixtures now, next two games against Leicester and West Ham. They should do well against them and build up more confidence hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

QPR were awful as they were against Spurs, only can beat what is in front of you though.

Leicester will give us a better idea of where they are at, Chelsea had to work hard to beat them and they got a draw with Arsenal and a win Yesterday.

lets not forget United hammered a few sides last year with Moyes. :o

True, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Angron wrote: »
    True, we'll just have to wait and see.

Spoken like a true wrestling fan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Microsoft buy Mojang for 2.5 Billion Dollars.

Note to self...start building a game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I miss PW boards.ie podcast. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

mxph3 wrote: »

Hit up the lads in the PW pod thread and record a show! You only need two :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91298599

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Thanks but no thanks far too busy with college at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

mxph3 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm missing it a fair bit too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is it just me or is Netflix so unreliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Netflix so unreliable?

how do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rjd2 wrote: »
    how do you mean?

Have it on ps3 and the amount of times I get error codes like ui-113 is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know there is no wrestling talk but I’ll claim this is Art & Chafts OTT chat.

I’ve been working on some art for a while now but it has been put on the back-burner for a while now due to me being too busy. Well, I have a free weekend and plan to spend it painting. I have already drawn out a massive canvas with 12 Abraham Lincoln heads (like below) which I was going to colour with 12 different Ultimate Warrior face paint designs (inspired by (@robschamberger) and call the piece “Freedom Warrior”.

But now I don’t know whether to do it with Sting’s many designs or even a collection of the many facepainted wrestlers through the years (Goldust, Doink, Papa Shango, Jeff Hardy. Help me decide which will turn out the best IMO?

abraham_lincoln_by_sammo371-d3i2h6s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I like the Warrior one better myself. Doing, Shango etc could get lost in translation.
    I'd also buy the **** out of a t shirt with one big Warrior on Lincoln.

Kerry player at the end should be punished. Dickish thing to do, kicking the ball off the tee when the keeper's going for a goal kick to waste time.

• Advertisement

Nah he shouldn't. You'd have to ban every act of timewasting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Liverpool/Middlesbrough penalty shootout was bordering on insanely ridiculous

Nah he shouldn't. You'd have to ban every act of timewasting too.
    It was a stupid, prickish thing to do. I believe he deserved something, even if it was just a card at the time (which I didn't see him get).

And oh dear, 14-13 on penalties. Saw someone on facebook saying the game was on the best part of 3 hours as a result.

He got a yellow for it and Durcan had been moving it out outside the max distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm not up on the rules of Gaelic, but what does a yellow card mean? Think I heard it was something stupid like a couple weeks ban even though there mightn't be a game in that time so it's like no punishment at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Been away from boards from a month (didnt leave just busy), and flicking through some old posts Ive noticed Ape Lincoln has closed his account. Wonder what happened?

A good few PW boardsies have left in the last few months :( Liked, didnt always agree, but liked Apes input.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Been away from boards from a month (didnt leave just busy), and flicking through some old posts Ive noticed Ape Lincoln has closed his account. Wonder what happened?

A good few PW boardsies have left in the last few months :( Liked, didnt always agree, but liked Apes input.

Yeah I remember posts in this thread about how a good few closed their accounts like Waltersobchek and they are def a loss but like when WCW and WWF raided ECW for talent we gotta make some new stars. Who will be our Guerrero, Malenko, Jericho or Mysterio this year :pac:

yep just been watching the monday night wars

After 13+ years posting I don't think I will ever close my account here but yeah of course real life can get in the way and I might stop posting without having closed it. Though having said that I just moved back to asia and am wedding planning / pitching to publicists atm and yet im still posting about big men in Wrestling and Prince Finn McDevitt so who knows

but yeah sad to see the Ape man is gone only a few months ago this threads title was wishing him a happy birthday

The close account button is one of the worst things to happen here. Especially this forum because unlike AH or the Soccer forum they don't seem to ever re-reg and we lose good heads forever. Lot of the better forums I've been on have quietened down in the last year sadly. If it wasn't for twitter I'd be lost.

Luka Modric's goal against Villareal yesterday afternoon was something special.

BouncyImpishFrilledlizard.gif

• Advertisement

I can see Raul's record of 71 Champions League goals being beaten by Cristiano Ronaldo tonight.

Advertisement