Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,839 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DM_7 wrote: »
    Probably just Doms

Hopefully it is

Going to take a few days off and then prob workout Tuesday again. Have a set of weights and kettlebells at home so use them in privacy instead of being in a public gym. Prob do a few shoulder and upper body exercises and maybe do squats again Thursday next

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So, uhhh, speaking of the thread's current title...when is the new series of Rick and Morty airing on Fox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would it be on Fox if netflix have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So, uhhh, speaking of the thread's current title...when is the new series of Rick and Morty airing on Fox?

it's up on netflix a few days after Adult Swim airs it

edit: It's 6 days (Sunday in US, Saturday for our Netflix)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I watched the first episode of season 3 last night (The Rickshank Rickdemption :pac: ) and it was class. :D

• Advertisement

Just finished season 2. So about to start season 3

jaykhunter wrote: »
    it's up on netflix a few days after Adult Swim airs it

edit: It's 6 days (Sunday in US, Saturday for our Netflix)
    I don't have Netflix.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jeez, bit of a hectic start to the Premier League already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads, is there anywhere I could go to get Serie A font for the back of a Juventus jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

America in 2017.
    Is it possible to continue to fall lower in the world's estimation?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ERG89 wrote: »
    America in 2017.

There are literally Nazis walking about openly and proudly. One dead from a car attack, literally right out of the Isis handbook. A helicopter crashed and two dead as well, hopefully coincidentally.

This on the back of a week where I feel we are extremely likely to see a nuke dropped in our lifetime now.

I adore America. This makes me so, so sad and angry.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There are literally Nazis walking about openly and proudly. One dead from a car attack, literally right out of the Isis handbook. A helicopter crashed and two dead as well, hopefully coincidentally.

This on the back of a week where I feel we are extremely likely to see a nuke dropped in our lifetime now.

I fear another Timothy McVeigh situation in the near future. The world doesn't need fascist thugs polluting our streets, especially with chants like these.

https://twitter.com/earthh_universe/status/896408472237027328

https://twitter.com/RoyalHoeliness/status/896409662295203841

Sorry for the depressing post, but those oxygen wasting honkies pissed me off to no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ERG89 wrote: »
    America in 2017.

4 months left in 2017 yet, I wouldn't rule anything out.
    Lord TSC wrote: »

To say America is a country on edge would be an understatement. As for the likelihood of a nuke being dropped in our lifetime, I thought at the beginning it was just rhetoric, but I don't know, it could go either way, surely someone in the White House can tug on Trump's leash to reign him in/scold him for such petulance?

https://twitter.com/Obscurus_Lupa/status/896485095036428291

This tweet struck me. It's ***ked that Americans feel the need to state this (i.e. it isn't obvious and the norm).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is America really more ****ed up than it was before?

Or is the change in the accessibility of stories (that never existed before) that makes things appear worse.

Locally, a poor soul is in a car crash in Donegal and it is national news in minutes, we hear about funerals, occupants in the car etc. Years ago it might appear briefly a day or so later on 6 one.

World wide, remember how the story of the US getting Bin Ladin unfolded on Twitter, from locals talking about sounds, helicopters etc.

Places like America are easy stories for media now due to the amount of info instantly available from the net.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jaykhunter wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Obscurus_Lupa/status/896485095036428291

This tweet struck me. It's ***ked that Americans feel the need to state this (i.e. it isn't obvious and the norm).

Wow, that's a name I haven't seen in a few years. Bringing back memories of TGWTG days :)
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Is America really more ****ed up than it was before?

Or is the change in the accessibility of stories (that never existed before) that makes things appear worse.

Locally, a poor soul is in a car crash in Donegal and it is national news in minutes, we hear about funerals, occupants in the car etc. Years ago it might appear briefly a day or so later on 6 one.

World wide, remember how the story of the US getting Bin Ladin unfolded on Twitter, from locals talking about sounds, helicopters etc.

Places like America are easy stories for media now due to the amount of info instantly available from the net.

Ah, don't play it down. It most certainly is steps above what AmErica should consider normal. You can argue that some of these feelings were bubbling beneath the surface in certain areas, but over the last few months, these horrid people now openly walk the streets, wearing shirts with Hitler quotes, espousing some absolutely hateful rhetoric, all while having the support of their racist, sexist, homophobic narrassist in chief.

Nazis, armed with shields and weapons, walked the streets proudly yesterday, while the President of America refused to condemn them, this is not a sentence I should be typing in 2017....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Last minute bump for this since the Premier League returns tomorrow evening.

We've got 13 names in the league which is way higher than last year so that's good. Anyone else wants to join now is a good time to do so.

Shall I close the league to new entrants once the first gameweek starts, or will I just leave it open all season?

I got feckin' missed out on this GW thinking I'd get my team done Friday night. ARS/LEI screwed me. This closed or is there chance for a late comer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I got feckin' missed out on this GW thinking I'd get my team done Friday night. ARS/LEI screwed me. This closed or is there chance for a late comer?

I closed it to new entrants just after GW 1 started. Have you made a team yet? I can try opening it if you're interested in taking part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah I made my team Saturday night.

Will have a big fat zero for GW1. But maybe have an advantage going forward as to who could be worth money. Would love to join if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yeah I made my team Saturday night.

Will have a big fat zero for GW1. But maybe have an advantage going forward as to who could be worth money. Would love to join if possible.

Sorry only getting back to you now. Let me know when you're next online and I'll open it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Barcelona latest city to have terrorism attacks

Some of them are genius..

Well this was unexpected, godspeed Sir Bruce, godspeed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-11084846

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well this was unexpected, godspeed Sir Bruce, godspeed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-11084846

Very sad, but it was expected. Hes been in bad health for some time now.

He was a great host, one of the best if not the best. Fantastic charm. He will be missed. Looking at game show hosts today they certainly dont make them like him anymore.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Very sad, but it was expected. Hes been in bad health for some time now.

He was a great host, one of the best if not the best. Fantastic charm. He will be missed. Looking at game show hosts today they certainly dont make them like him anymore.

Well it comes for us all eventually, that said to still be going well into his 80's, some achievement especially in a cut throat business such as television.

Reading his obituary, he definitely clawed and earned his way to the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone having problems logging in and slow loading pages, is site under attack again?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems logging in and slow loading pages, is site under attack again?

I'm getting a lot of Cloudflare and 504 notices.. It's been weird all day..

And seeing the checking browser screen a lot as well

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm getting a lot of Cloudflare and 504 notices.. It's been weird all day..

I got that a lot yesterday but it seems grand now. Felt like a dirty spammer/thief or something seeing that cloudflare notice!

Advertisement