Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just recently started Lucha Underground a few episodes ago and was wondering, what are the medallions?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/luchaunderground/comments/6x7hwh/ancient_aztec_medallions/?st=j7chet09&sh=46c8d13e

Basically they're like entry tokens to LU's version of the MITB match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Third draft of my new book done. List of 79 literary agents drawn up. Time to start fishing for rejection letters :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,317 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Third draft of my new book done. List of 79 literary agents drawn up. Time to start fishing for rejection letters :pac:

think postive, bolieve in yourself ;)

Lads, anyone have a clue where's the best place to get Bullet Club t-shrits?

I'm looking at ProWrestlingTees, and they are charging me insane shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I have a new sealed one from Japan, it's the Tekken variant and I got it at Sakura genesis. Japanese XL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah shipping on t-shirts fromProWrestlingTees is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I've always been meaning to get a BC t shirt but never got round to it, so I looked at the shipping on prowrestling tees after you said this and fup me their prices are ridiculous, even within US it's crap I can't remember ever seeing a place charging extra for each t shirt I mean if they're sealed in a bag how much more space/weight is it gonna take up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Think Colt Cabana charges around $15 for international postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,837 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And the curse continues.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And the curse continues.

They genuinely have to be cursed at this stage. Sickened for Mayo and all of their loyal supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shame to see any team lose that game. It was a thriller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It must be heartbreaking being from Mayo, they're so close but they just can't get the job done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm not even from Mayo, but I'm gutted - but mainly cos I had a day off from work if they had won it! Heartbreaking for them, over and over again just never seem to be able to get across the line. Two years in a row now edged out by a point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Would that Wrestling Mania place in Stephen's Green have Bullet Club shirts? Been a while since I've been in there, so I can't remember what t-shirts they stocked.

They might, but if I'm honest, in previous experiences, they were super expensive. As if they were buying the stuff full whack themselves and then trying to turn a further profit on it....

Someone on Reddit recomended I check out An Post's Address Pal which gives you an address in America to ship to and then they ship it from there to your house cheaper. So checking out that route tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Someone on Reddit recomended I check out An Post's Address Pal which gives you an address in America to ship to and then they ship it from there to your house cheaper. So checking out that route tonight.
    Wouldn't recommend it, tbh. I haven't used it myself (I've used their UK service, but not their newer US one), but it hasn't been getting great reviews. Lost of people reporting being stung by hidden charges and mysterious customs and VAT add-ons

There's a thread about AddressPal here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057516584

Discussion of the problems with the US service begin around page 88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Couldn't tell you about the US version of AddressPal but I've been using the UK post-office-pickup for the last year, and it's been phenomenal. Never been hit with customs, worth noting most of my shopping has been on Amazon.co.uk. Only snag is the weight/size limit, which is usually grand. I had picture frames shipped which came packed in a MASSIVE cardbox so I was stung for the €25 charge but otherwise it's been fantastic.

Lemme know how the US version goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Angron wrote: »
    Would that Wrestling Mania place in Stephen's Green have Bullet Club shirts? Been a while since I've been in there, so I can't remember what t-shirts they stocked.

I was in there maybe 3weeks ago and I didn't see any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Couldn't tell you about the US version of AddressPal but I've been using the UK post-office-pickup for the last year, and it's been phenomenal. Never been hit with customs, worth noting most of my shopping has been on Amazon.co.uk. Only snag is the weight/size limit, which is usually grand. I had picture frames shipped which came packed in a MASSIVE cardbox so I was stung for the €25 charge but otherwise it's been fantastic.

Lemme know how the US version goes!

There wouldn't be a customs charge for stuff coming from the UK Jayk, as the UK is {for the time being} in the EU. Free movement of goods and all that

I realised today that...

I was being quoted 35 quid for 4 shirts, but I don't NEED the four. And when I removed two, guess what. The shipping halfed. They are just basically charging 9 dollars shipping per additional item. So dropped it down to two shirts (Cody one for me, and brother wants a Halloween one). So those are on the way now. Thanks for the help guys and gals :)

On a side note....first rejection letter back this evening from an agent :(
    78 to go. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At this point, Mayo and Dublin remind me of this video where Mayo is the kid, the other players are the rest of Ireland and Dublin is... well you can guess

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They might, but if I'm honest, in previous experiences, they were super expensive. As if they were buying the stuff full whack themselves and then trying to turn a further profit on it....

Ah, I've never bought anything in there so I had no idea how pricey their stuff is. I've bought a few t-shirts from PWT, it works out cheaper for me than heading up to Dublin. Gotten a Bullet Club hoodie, BC x Tekken t-shirt, and a Zack Sabre Jr "This Wrestler Armbars Fascists" t-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Should be noted that the PWTees quality is shocking compared to the legit Japanese ones. Have both and there's a significant difference in quality. They are pricey in Japan though at €35 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,833 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://euroshop.wwe.com/en_IE/search?q=Polo

what ye think of these ??

i like them but not many designs on the shirts

I have far to many shirts, wrestling, band shirts, jerseys etc but cant resist not buying one at live events. Recently slimmed down a bit so Large shirts looking a bit baggy on me now but **** it ill still wear it. Im always paranoid buying medium shirts incase there too small or they shrink in the wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://euroshop.wwe.com/en_IE/search?q=Polo

what ye think of these ??

i like them but not many designs on the shirts

I have far to many shirts, wrestling, band shirts, jerseys etc but cant resist not buying one at live events. Recently slimmed down a bit so Large shirts looking a bit baggy on me now but **** it ill still wear it. Im always paranoid buying medium shirts incase there too small or they shrink in the wash

€45 is very steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any of you regulars here want Walking Dead Season 1 on steam?

The memory man Jimmy Magee has died aged 82 he was the voice of sport for me. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,833 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The memory man Jimmy Magee has died aged 82 he was the voice of sport for me. RIP.

Sad to hear wasn't he only working up to recently ???

I remember they did a very good doc on him a few years ago on RTE. I think he sadly buried his son too

It will hard to find a replacement for his sporting knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There will never be a replacement for Jimmy Magee, the man was truly one of a kind.

• Advertisement

So Google has bought HTC I wonder is this there attempt to build a rival to the iPhone.

Advertisement